Page 59 of 613 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159559 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If Goddess Bast doesn't Pull some BullShit. Then yeah. I can see Storm being the Big Gun.
    I really want bast and ororo to come to blows lolol.. it's what I didnt get with shuri. coates make it happen lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I really want bast and ororo to come to blows lolol.. it's what I didnt get with shuri. coates make it happen lolol

Why do you want them to fight? So Ororo has a chance to demonstrate the extent of her godhood? I don't think they will have any reason to come to blows, especially since they are on the same side, even with Bast doing her part for self-serving reasons. I don't think Coates has shown Bast doing anything to actively harm T'Challa or Earth Prime Wakandans. It also makes you think about the other Orishas. They were supposed to have returned to Earth Prime but we haven't seen them.

you better say all of that!!!! I'm screaming lol

i.really do think njadaka going to do something to try to capture or neutralize her as a threat.
    He would be foolish not to. I can’t imagine they would have him pull it off. He doesn’t strike as the type to use mutant power dampening tech and I cannot think of a way (outside of powerful magic) that would allow him to suppress her gift of godhead. Outside of pitting her against another god of equal or greater power to redirect her from the rest of the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Why do you want them to fight? So Ororo has a chance to demonstrate the extent of her godhood? I don't think they will have any reason to come to blows, especially since they are on the same side, even with Bast doing her part for self-serving reasons. I don't think Coates has shown Bast doing anything to actively harm T'Challa or Earth Prime Wakandans. It also makes you think about the other Orishas. They were supposed to have returned to Earth Prime but we haven't seen them.
    yea that's the primary reason I want them too. i dont get the sense she has tapped until this power since we last saw her do it in shuri and that was not under her control. I'm thinking bast will be the only force that would cause her to go into this mode again unless njadaka attacks ororo using bast's power.

but you are right which I dont see it happening. lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    He would be foolish not to. I can’t imagine they would have him pull it off. He doesn’t strike as the type to use mutant power dampening tech and I cannot think of a way (outside of powerful magic) that would allow him to suppress her gift of godhead. Outside of pitting her against another god of equal or greater power to redirect her from the rest of the battle.
    agreed. his proposed plan to take her out honestly sounds silly. let's overwhelm her with the galatic fleet? even when ororo tires she never gives up. hes gonna get a good lesson in her abilities here soon and I cant wait.

agreed. his proposed plan to take her out honestly sounds silly. let's overwhelm her with the galatic fleet? even when ororo tires she never gives up. hes gonna get a good lesson in her abilities here soon and I cant wait.
    Honestly, I think the bit about Ororo tiring, from N'Jadaka and Shuri, was more Coates giving a "plausible" reason not to have his elevated goddess take over the show. He likes to give his different characters moments to shine in a way that makes sense in the story. That's the reason, IMO, why T'Challa isn't always the one winning all of the battles in his book, or coming up with all of the plans that work. Ororo getting tired is a reasonable excuse to sideline her for awhile. Honestly, when Shuri told Ororo not to go help Eden and the others because a war is made up of many battles, her acceptance rang false to me. I think she would've gone anyway. Ororo puts the safety of others ahead of herself, especially something like fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If Goddess Bast doesn't Pull some BullShit. Then yeah. I can see Storm being the Big Gun.
    I feel that Bast, bullshit is gonna be strong as hell next issue. It's to the point I'm questioning if that the real Bast.

happy birthday boo!!! you better turn up!!!!!

Seconded. Happy B-Day
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-03-2020 at 07:48 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Honestly, I think the bit about Ororo tiring, from N'Jadaka and Shuri, was more Coates giving a "plausible" reason not to have his elevated goddess take over the show. He likes to give his different characters moments to shine in a way that makes sense in the story. That's the reason, IMO, why T'Challa isn't always the one winning all of the battles in his book, or coming up with all of the plans that work. Ororo getting tired is a reasonable excuse to sideline her for awhile. Honestly, when Shuri told Ororo not to go help Eden and the others because a war is made up of many battles, her acceptance rang false to me. I think she would've gone anyway. Ororo puts the safety of others ahead of herself, especially something like fatigue.
    yes agreed here. it will allow for her to be out of the story while allowing other players to get their shine. I do feel like ororo would hsve kept pushing but I'm glad she did. it seems to be an ongoing theme of her pushing and pushing both in xmen and in BP. this fatigue may be a contributing factor in the jean emma book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I feel that Bast, bullshit is gonna be strong as hell next issue. It's to the point I'm questioning if that the real Bast.
    Well, it better be Good. I do believe that is the REAL Bast, but as of now? Bast is weak-sauce. I mean Shuri clowned her butt. So,if Bast has an ace up her sleeve it better be a good one.

Yes, I'd like to see them fight too. It would be very interesting.....

yes agreed here. it will allow for her to be out of the story while allowing other players to get their shine. I do feel like ororo would hsve kept pushing but I'm glad she did. it seems to be an ongoing theme of her pushing and pushing both in xmen and in BP. this fatigue may be a contributing factor in the jean emma book.
    Yes, her fatigue has been mentioned in two different books. She is burning the candles at both ends. Because there is always something going on in Wakanda, when she goes there, it is rarely a respite from the stress she experiences dealing with Krakoa and its worldwide status. She hasn't been shown to get a break. That kind of running around will wear a person down. And, since Ororo hasn't been shown to have gained stamina with her godhood, we can assume that her strength and stamina are the same (maybe??). Although, as you guys have pointed out before, she has been known to push herself in some extreme situations.

Yes, her fatigue has been mentioned in two different books. She is burning the candles at both ends. Because there is always something going on in Wakanda, when she goes there, it is rarely a respite from the stress she experiences dealing with Krakoa and its worldwide status. She hasn't been shown to get a break. That kind of running around will wear a person down. And, since Ororo hasn't been shown to have gained stamina with her godhood, we can assume that her strength and stamina are the same (maybe??). Although, as you guys have pointed out before, she has been known to push herself in some extreme situations.
    I will say I appreciate this approach with showing her tire. it makes sense that going without stopping will do this. I dont think she has tapped into her godhead abilities while fighting the maroons. I think she has been fighting under regular abilities which explains why she is tiring. the last she spoke on the goddess thing she denounced being a wakandan god.

Seconded. Happy B-Day

I will say I appreciate this approach with showing her tire. it makes sense that going without stopping will do this. I dont think she has tapped into her godhead abilities while fighting the maroons. I think she has been fighting under regular abilities which explains why she is tiring. the last she spoke on the goddess thing she denounced being a wakandan god.
    I also don't think she's been using her godhood powers, whatever in the hell they may be. Smh. I haven't seen her do anything, powerwise, that she couldn't do before becoming a goddess. In BP, I don't think she's ever referred to herself as a god. She did in Shuri's mini, but that was under a different writer. Actually, I was surprised she was written as claiming her godhood in such a way when she's been pretty low key about her godhood. It's everyone else who keeps saying she is a goddess.

I just had a bad thought.

What if Storm gives up her godhood to empower Bast to full power?

Not sure why I feel like this might come into play...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I also don't think she's been using her godhood powers, whatever in the hell they may be. Smh. I haven't seen her do anything, powerwise, that she couldn't do before becoming a goddess. In BP, I don't think she's ever referred to herself as a god. She did in Shuri's mini, but that was under a different writer. Actually, I was surprised she was written as claiming her godhood in such a way when she's been pretty low key about her godhood. It's everyone else who keeps saying she is a goddess.
    lolol that's why I wanted her to figh bast vefsyss that would force her to potentially go goddess mode. in shuri it was hard for me to tell it seemed like she could have been being sarcastic. but outside of this she has been shown reluctantly accepting the title to downright denouncing the title. if she does go full goddess I think something forces her to do so.

even if storm begged her to take her gift of godhead I don't see the snoody, condescending bast accepting that. her ego would not allow her.to do so.

BANNED

THAT would be a HUGE F*** You!!!! From Coates. I would LAUGH so much.