Page 606 of 613 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

LOL you so funny!

I just hope that future writers portray them being in a good place with one another. I was not a fan of the Marauder's issue were Storm had to get her sword from Wakanda and I think things between Storm and T'Challa may get worse before they get better.
    what i say lolol. (^_^)

and me too! like what is the problem with showing her having a good relationship with wakanda? I certainly don't care for friction between the two characters but avx as bad as it was made more sense than Vita's story. at least with ivx there was buildup that lead to them ultimately ending their relationship. with that marauders issue their conflict literally was made from nothing. I do agree I dont see things getting better for them at least from the x side.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Best-case scenario for the BP/Storm fans is a little send off in Coates's final issues. With the MCU almost certainly not recasting T'Challa, it's essentially a deadend(to be fair, I think the MCU should recast, and find a younger actor to maximize the longevity of the character, but it's not looking favorable) in the grand scheme of things.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't think future writers will even acknowledge their current "estranged" status. Unless Wakanda and Krakoa go to war or some such rubbish.
    With Storm going off into space and basically creating her own path, her romantic relationship with T'Challa really doesn't need to be a thing, because at this point in her story it lacks relevance. That may change but...not anytime soon.
    This is where I am at and how I think things will play out.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Best-case scenario for the BP/Storm fans is a little send off in Coates's final issues. With the MCU almost certainly not recasting T'Challa, it's essentially a deadend(to be fair, I think the MCU should recast, and find a younger actor to maximize the longevity of the character, but it's not looking favorable) in the grand scheme of things.
    why would that be best case? Hickman definitely left it open-ended enough to where positive future interactions can occur. the Wakandans one time use sword that will never be used again in any books was returned safely to them so where is the loss in that? also whenever the next BP writer comes along who is to say that this writer wouldnt allow their romance to endure? Coates has shown the two can coexist in a healthy manner when a writer WANTS it be as such without either being diminished.

general comment: storm isn't creating her "own" path. anything and everything she is doing now is based upon the mandate of being a mutant, which has always been xaviers path dictated to her. her disregarding her past relationships for the sake of a sword she barely used for the sake of "her people" certainly should be indicative of this.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-28-2020 at 06:45 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

None of the charcaters...in X-Men or Black Panther for that matter are creating their on paths...as their stories are being dictated by editors and writers. A writer who dictated Storm and T'Challa were romantically connected. Another writer who dictated they be estranged.

In-story...the character has displayed agency and decisiveness as to what she does and where she decides to go. Yes, she's part of a particular edict set by Xavier and Magneto who in turn are following the edicts of Moira. That doesn't mean these characters (again, in story) don't make their own decisions and forge their own paths.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Wait where do we get information that Storm is going into space? Did I miss something? Is this a new book coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I agree. There is absolutely no value in it for ororo, but then in my opinion there wasn't any there in the first place unless you want to count a light show and a goddess status that still has no real definition or meaning. Also i hope this ends any ideas of Storm being in the BP franchise, it's ok to have two successful black franchises.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why would that be best case? Hickman definitely left it open-ended enough to where positive future interactions can occur. the Wakandans one time use sword that will never be used again in any books was returned safely to them so where is the loss in that? also whenever the next BP writer comes along who is to say that this writer wouldnt allow their romance to endure? Coates has shown the two can coexist in a healthy manner when a writer WANTS it be as such without either being diminished.

general comment: storm isn't creating her "own" path. anything and everything she is doing now is based upon the mandate of being a mutant, which has always been xaviers path dictated to her. her disregarding her past relationships for the sake of a sword she barely used for the sake of "her people" certainly should be indicative of this.
    Well we do know that thankfully the Storm rights are apparently back with Hickman in the X-office a they made it a point several times in the past why they didn't do a story for her and why now they are full steam ahead. I just don't see the x-office being so generous this time around when they have more leverage.

and some would argue her entire story in BP was dictated by being tchalla's wife/girlfriend. Who to save. What to take. When to fight. When not to fight.be
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

100% agree. she was the showstopper in many ways. she had full control of her powers and was immensely powerful. jean was given phoenix to put her on the level of storm and was the first Black character to lead a major superhero team. he definitely was the original storm fan as shown through his early work of storm and those stories were truly great to read as a storm fan.

oan: great news. there was a writer who didn't fancy storm and wanted to erase Coates work lobbying to write the next BP book. they will not be on the book so that is a win for those who appreciated what coates' did.

love currently wins:

Yes, I need this. Please Marvel don't disappointment by undoing their relationship.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Yes, I need this. Please Marvel don't disappointment by undoing their relationship.
    It's already undone. Didn't that happen when Storm stole the sword?

My opinion: X-Men and Black Panther are under two different editorial controls. The X-Men wanted Storm back fully under their control to tell the story with her that they wanted to tell so they undid the Storm / Black Panther relationship for 2 reasons: to free Storm for whatever they have planned AND to drive angst/conflict for future stories.

I hadn't been invested in them as couple for YEARS so I don't care that the two split it. I am far more interested in the big plans mentioned for Storm. I hope the story arc they are working on for her is massive and has serious implications on both the X-Men Universe and the great Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Well we do know that thankfully the Storm rights are apparently back with Hickman in the X-office a they made it a point several times in the past why they didn't do a story for her and why now they are full steam ahead. I just don't see the x-office being so generous this time around when they have more leverage.

and some would argue her entire story in BP was dictated by being tchalla's wife/girlfriend. Who to save. What to take. When to fight. When not to fight.be
    Storm has always been an xmen character. The "rights" to her were never taken from the xoffice. In fact, Hickman and crew started developing their plan for the franchise, which includes her, when Coates first started writing the character as was mentioned by Duggan. At no point during the time she was written under Coates pen was she not in a xbook so i think that is a point that shouldn't be forgotten. Also in terms of generosity in her usage I think this is way too early to say as Hickman's plans also included Wakanda to a degree very early on before that horrific Marauder's issue written by vita so we will see.

hmm the terms in which she decided to stay and help wakanda was always on her terms so anyone arguing that point you mentioned wouldn't be doing so from a canonical standpoint.

and she never only fought based upon her ties to him. she was very much active in fighting for things he was not invested in or tied to and did these things without being deceitful as she did in Marauders but I digress:

Moreover, storm's path always included T'Challa (as they were childhood friends and sweethearts) well before Xavier and he never told her she was living in a fantasy. Those were words dictated to her by Charles and much of her characterization prior to Hudlin/Coates has been just that: an Xman. Thst isn't true for many of the other xmen though I wonder why??

Lastly, her choosing love and to fight for causes beyond mutant ones is her choosing a path of her own because she has always been more than just a mutant and a Xman. Some readers say they want to see big things for her but only within the confines of being an Xman. Its very restrictive for a character who arguably should be Marvel's equivalent to WW.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

The Hadari Yao would see it be no other way beloved!!! I trust through her strength your words will always remain true!!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-28-2020 at 11:07 PM.

BANNED

What title and issue is this page from?

BANNED

The truth is, I doubt the X-office wants her with BP. That's why the issue with the sword was...tacky as it was. That's the roadblock, not Storm being too busy in space or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The truth is, I doubt the X-office wants her with BP. That's why the issue with the sword was...tacky as it was. That's the roadblock, not Storm being too busy in space or whatever.
    I agree with you 100% beloved!!! That's the only reason that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

What title and issue is this page from?
    Black Panther 2016 issue 15.

BANNED

I agree with you 100% beloved!!! That's the only reason that makes sense.

Black Panther 2016 issue 15.
    Thanks... I am pretty sure I missed reading that issue

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Personally, I'm convinced that said "X-Office" simply doesn't ever want to depict any committed, monogamous (male/female), black couples in the pages. Especially, T'Challa and Ororo...
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-29-2020 at 01:42 AM.