Page 610 of 613 FirstFirst ... 110510560600606607608609610611612613 LastLast
Results 9,136 to 9,150 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Gods do not follow the laws of mortals! If Thor needed something do you think he would look for public opinion fkr approval to get something? No.

Basically the issue is Wakanda is a patriarchy. Queen Raymond’s wanted Stork to have the sword but due t bs customs could not give it to her. I don’t even think Ramonda would have minded Storm stealing it. It was Shuru who has the attitude.

I don’t think even T’Challa really cared, but in order to not let the Wakanda patriarchy collapse, her pretended to be upset.

This is the woman or goddess who saved all Wakanda ok more than one occasion. They owes her the sword.
    But the funniest part of it all if Romonda, Shuri and Tchalla shut up the general public wouldnt even know about it. So whats the problem. Family don't trust family? hmmm.

They knew exactly who was in there and still had to create a whole entire spectacle with tchalla and the army showing up just for it to be HIS choice. No sir, No Mam, no thank you. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Gods do not follow the laws of mortals! If Thor needed something do you think he would look for public opinion fkr approval to get something? No.

Basically the issue is Wakanda is a patriarchy. Queen Raymond’s wanted Stork to have the sword but due t bs customs could not give it to her. I don’t even think Ramonda would have minded Storm stealing it. It was Shuru who has the attitude.

I don’t think even T’Challa really cared, but in order to not let the Wakanda patriarchy collapse, her pretended to be upset.

This is the woman or goddess who saved all Wakanda ok more than one occasion. They owes her the sword.
    Well we have to keep in mind that in story ororo has not accepted the full mantle of being a goddess. She has not yet accepted that which is her birthright so she wouldn't throw that in their faces to try and leverage an item of value from them, nor would that be in character. well scratch that if vita is writing her that would be something she would do my bad.

but the fact she would be ok with stealing, especially from those she loves and respects, even as an xman is a preposterous one:

That said, her being a god does not give her the authority to do whatever whenever she wants. Shuri even put Bast in her place when Bast had tried to make certain demands. So we have to look in story to what has occurred in Black Panther to determine what interactions make sense not Thor and gods that are worshipped for pillaging and warring.

Wakanda is not a patriarchal system its a monarchy (its more or less a tribunal now with the bp as the figurehead with modified authority) . And its based upon who wears the mantle who could be female or male. Past BPs including Shuri were female. Also, they said they would have given it to her but it was not their decision, it was up to Tchalla. Who actually made it back in well enough time to give it to her without her lying her way to stealing it.

I dont think he cared but it was about principles. As he told her he never knew her to be deceitful and that part was very true. There was no need for deception.

and regardless of how many times she has saved them it doesn't give her the right to stomp all over their traditions, customs, and sovereignty.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-29-2020 at 04:02 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Well we have to keep in mind that in story ororo has not accepted the full mantle of being a goddess. She has not yet accepted that which is her birthright so she wouldn't throw that in their faces to try and leverage an item of value from them.

That said, her being a god does not give her the authority to do whatever whenever she wants. Shuri even put Bast in her place when Bast had tried to make certain demands. So we have to look in story to what has occurred in Black Panther to determine what interactions make sense not Thor and gods that are worshipped for pillaging and warring.

Wakanda is not a patriarchal system its a monarchy (its more or less a tribunal now with the bp as the figurehead with modified authority) . And its based upon who wears the mantle who could be female or male. Past BPs including Shuri were female. Also, they said they would have given it to her but it was not their decision, it was up to Tchalla. Who actually made it back in well enough time to give it to her without her lying her way to stealing it.

I dont think he cared but it was about principles. As he told her he never knew her to be deceitful and that part was very true. There was no need for deception.

and regardless of how many times she has saved them it doesn't give her the right to stomp all over their traditions, customs, and sovereignty.
    I mean if I needed something to save the world and I had to wait an unspecified time for someone to give it to me, I'd steal it too, no matter the long-term costs. The issue is in a nation as advanced as Wakanda no one could keep up contact with T'Challa and let Storm know his estimated time of arrival? He got his mom's messages but there's no indication he responded to them and let his people know when he'd be back in Wakanda.

In a nation full of geniuses led by a royal family that's often more forward-looking than its populace Ramonda/Shuri never thought to let Storm take Skybreaker without letting anyone know? Storm even had a fake ready to use the entire time, but she never thought to let the royal family in on her plan so maybe they help her out? Storm stealing Skybreaker isn't the problem, given the circumstances she's 100% justified. It just takes mind-numbing amounts of POS and poor characterization to force Storm into that situation. Which is annoying but ok, because the story isn't supposed to make that much sense, it's about forcing a wedge between two characters to satisfy an editorial demand.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I mean if I needed something to save the world and I had to wait an unspecified time for someone to give it to me, I'd steal it too, no matter the long-term costs. The issue is in a nation as advanced as Wakanda no one could keep up contact with T'Challa and let Storm know his estimated time of arrival? He got his mom's messages but there's no indication he responded to them and let his people know when he'd be back in Wakanda.

In a nation full of geniuses led by a royal family that's often more forward-looking than its populace Ramonda/Shuri never thought to let Storm take Skybreaker without letting anyone know? Storm even had a fake ready to use the entire time, but she never thought to let the royal family in on her plan so maybe they help her out? Storm stealing Skybreaker isn't the problem, given the circumstances she's 100% justified. It just takes mind-numbing amounts of POS and poor characterization to force Storm into that situation. Which is annoying but ok, because the story isn't supposed to make that much sense, it's about forcing a wedge between two characters to satisfy an editorial demand.
    thats the thing though. I say this respectfully, but ororo isn't any of us and she has a much higher bar that she lives by simply because she is a Mary Sue lol. Ororo typically isn't the means justify the ends type of character. She usually tries to go the path of least resistance and find a way to save everyone without much collateral damage. We saw it in AvX, we saw it in IvX, we saw it in Xmen WAP, we saw it even when she questioned destroying a sentinel. The story in how it was written she didn't allow for tchalla to show up. She didnt even give him 12 hours before she was ready to go guns blazing like a low budget Lara Croft. The part about communication was another issue but again its more a testament to the writing. It had to be the most contrived and nonsensical for it to "work."

Her stealing if written better would not been an issue. it all was about execution. had she been one of the last bearers to show up or if someone waiting there had told her there was literally no time left (such as Magik did to cable) and she had to come of forfeit then that would hsve been acceptable. however, as we know that was not the case so being impatient and then resulting to stealing in the way that she did was a problem and not justifiable especially considering tchalla showed up the same freaking first night she was in wakanda. also historically speaking even when lives are at stake ororo hasn't been keen on stealing based upon that (see scan i posted above).
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-29-2020 at 04:27 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Hey @butterflykyss, how is that new thread coming along? We are 2021 in a day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Hey @butterflykyss, how is that new thread coming along? We are 2021 in a day or so.
    hey boo!!! I've missed you love. I hadn't begun working on the 2021 page it doesn't have to be me but whoever is able to i hope it is a thorough as the 2020 one lol. some of these other fan pages were not too cute #noshade. lol

hey boo!!! I've missed you love. I hadn't begun working on the 2021 page it doesn't have to be me but whoever is able to i hope it is a thorough as the 2020 one lol. some of these other fan pages were not too cute #noshade. lol
    come on you know it has to be you. Stop trying to punish those of us who have a different view. Whether we love it or not no one will do a more comprenhensive ororo appreciation thread than you. So stop it. ^_-
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    come on you know it has to be you. Stop trying to punish those of us who have a different view. Whether we love it or not no one will do a more comprenhensive ororo appreciation thread than you. So stop it. ^_-
    jwats what is with all of the shade honey what i do? lol

I'm open to opposing views no matter how ill-informed they may be lol

jwats what is with all of the shade honey what i do? lol
    i wasn't being shady. i really believe your the best person to make the 2021 thread and would represent 2020 in review and moving forward well. i question your love interest but not ya love for Storm. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

i wasn't being shady. i really believe your the best person to make the 2021 thread and would represent 2020 in review and moving forward well.
    I'm kinda biased i would leave out stuff that I didn't like lolol. but seriously if its me or whoever I'm going to always show my girl love because she's the baddest. hopefully these 2021 plans materialize into some stories that expands her presence and significance in the overall MU.

oh and thnks boo. I love tchalla for ororo it just makes sense to me. they are like jay-z and bey. they gone through some sh!t but their love for one another always prevails.

I'm kinda biased i would leave out stuff that I didn't like lolol. but seriously if its me or whoever I'm going to always show my girl love because she's the baddest. hopefully these 2021 plans materialize into some stories that expands her presence and significance in the overall MU.
    See your off to a better Start than me because at least your being honest. lol You don't want me to do the appreciate thread. Trust. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

See your off to a better Start than me because at least your being honest. lol You don't want me to do the appreciate thread. Trust. lol
    lololol oh by the hadari yao! give me just a taste of what your op would look like?

Oh, but I've never left. I am just lurking reading around, had to catch up on the last pages on the pointless topic for Storm and BP, again. But oh well, you know me. I am all for BP and Storm, so I try to stay away from this convos.

And you are the best choice to make the Appreciation thread with all your scans, detailed understanding of Storm! I would never be able to put a thread as good as you with all the details! Pluses and minuses, alike!

lololol oh by the hadari yao! give me just a taste of what your op would look like?
    "Now divorced from the CHAINS of Wakanda and a loveless marriage where she was willing to throw Nakia, a far flung wakandian galatic warrior at her desperate husband, Tchalla's feet, Ororo Munro set's forth on a new journey as a representative of the mutant nation Krakoa."
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Oh, but I've never left. I am just lurking reading around, had to catch up on the last pages on the pointless topic for Storm and BP, again. But oh well, you know me. I am all for BP and Storm, so I try to stay away from this convos.

And you are the best choice to make the Appreciation thread with all your scans, detailed understanding of Storm! I would never be able to put a thread as good as you with all the details! Pluses and minuses, alike!
    I was lurking a lot here myself until recently. these latest stories with storm did not really inspire appreciation but I was able to get beyond that funk. and I understand staying away from those convos. I remember many years ago the storm thread was not a friendly place for posters who liked them as a couple and I try to be proactive as I can tolerate to try to ensure it never becomes that again. I understand people have their preferences but some of the stuff I see be flat out incorrect so thats when u have to bring the receipts lol

also thank you so much for your kind words that is really very kind of you. I remember when I first got into battle threads a very knowledgeable storm fan who I no longer talk to gave me some great advice about how to be a better debater. that is where I got my style of posting scans to argue for me. some people like to play off the ignorance of readers but I took time a bit over a year ago to start reading uncanny starting with issue 1 and I was better for it lol. sorry for the long post but I truly appreciate your words and you are a jewel. anything you need you know I got you!!