Page 63 of 613 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163563 ... LastLast

Oops. It's almost noon.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    i enjoyed mauraders. I really like what I'm seeing from duggan now in this book. bishop was too badass and funny.

xmen/f4 was a big no for me. the conflict between the xmen/f4 was too forced and frankly didnt quite make sense considering the fact he is a minor. regardless of what he wants to do or the xmen, his parents have full custody over him and therefore what they say is final (imho).
    Hey Kyss spill the thoughts on the story, Storm’s characterization and action details. PM me if you prefer vs positing in the thread.

i enjoyed mauraders. I really like what I'm seeing from duggan now in this book. bishop was too badass and funny.

xmen/f4 was a big no for me. the conflict between the xmen/f4 was too forced and frankly didnt quite make sense considering the fact he is a minor. regardless of what he wants to do or the xmen, his parents have full custody over him and therefore what they say is final (imho).
    Hmm, I liked the FF issue more(of course the plot points are contrived, but it was fun, and I can't wait for Ororo to wake up next issue to see Doom!!).

In Marauders, I felt like Callisto was far too accommodating of both Emma and Kate's points of view. It was nice to see Bishop do something, but Duggan is still nowhere near as interesting to me as Hickman and Percy(X-Force). I hope he doesn't make Ororo look too stupid next issue....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Hey Kyss spill the thoughts on the story, Storm’s characterization and action details. PM me if you prefer vs positing in the thread.
    Hey WW here are my storm specific thoughts pertaining to both issues I read:

Mauraders:
    spoilers:
    She did really do much in this story; however, Duggan knocked it out of the park for me with how she was characterized. Callisto conditionally accepted the white knight role and upon greeting Ororo, she refers to her as a goddess and throws a knife at Ororos face. Ororo instinctively catches the knife and refers to her as a Morlock and then they share a loving embrace. It was such an amazing moment. Pyro then commented how he understood how the xmen were never defeated by the brotherhood based upon this. Such a badass, yet loving moment.

Xmen/F4
    This issue... Goddess. The preview showed the initial moments where storm is included. The garden bit was nice but then we see Xavier looking at a hydrokinetic display of Franklin were storm is obviously missing from this. But whatever.

The next time we see Storm she is on yancy street with a delegate of xmen looking to convince the Richards to let Franklin come back to krakoa. Sue, upon their arrival, is defensive putting a shield in place to keep the xmen from Franklin. Kitty phases through and hugs Franklin and everyone goes inside. Once inside the F4 home, it eventually goes downhill where the xmen and F4 get combative on whether Franklin should stay with his family or come back to Krakoa where Xavier can examine why his powers are dwindling. Ororo tells Ben outside (while the others are being combative) that she does believe franklin should come to krakoa due to all the hate mutants face in the world. I was immediately turned off by this because I do not believe ororo would be ok Franklin being separated from his family.

Moving on, Kitty and Franklin sneak off to the krakoa gate where she tells him he supports him no matter what he decides. Johnny then confronts them accusing Kitty of essentially kidnapping him. That's when Storm blows Johnny away from them and start the xmen battle against the F4. What I did like here is besides Storm blowing Johnny away we dont see her fighting the f4. It appears she stays out of it which considering her friendship to the f4 makes sense. Thereafter, we learn Reed has deactivated Franklin mutant gene which prevents him from going into the krakoa gate.

That was it from Storm. What was incredibly frustrating is that the overall fight felt very forced. Even if the xmen thought that the Richards were doing horrible things to franklin, he is still a minor and they ultimately have the right to tell him that he cant go to krakoa and the xmen should accept that. Reed even says he will be an adult soon and can then decide to go there if he chooses too. I completely side with the F4 here but I overall wasnt impressed with how they chose to create this conflict. It seemed a bit OOC to me.
    end of spoilers
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hmm, I liked the FF issue more(of course the plot points are contrived, but it was fun, and I can't wait for Ororo to wake up next issue to see Doom!!).

In Marauders, I felt like Callisto was far too accommodating of both Emma and Kate's points of view. It was nice to see Bishop do something, but Duggan is still nowhere near as interesting to me as Hickman and Percy(X-Force). I hope he doesn't make Ororo look too stupid next issue....
    I missed that part spoilers:
    I'm still waiting for storm to give doom payback for doomwar
    end of spoilers

I'm looking forward to the next issue. and then of course we will see what places storm in a vegetative state in the giant size issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Hey WW here are my storm specific thoughts pertaining to both issues I read:

Mauraders:
    spoilers:
    She did really do much in this story; however, Duggan knocked it out of the park for me with how she was characterized. Callisto conditionally accepted the white knight role and upon greeting Ororo, she refers to her as a goddess and throws a knife at Ororos face. Ororo instinctively catches the knife and refers to her as a Morlock and then they share a loving embrace. It was such an amazing moment. Pyro then commented how he understood how the xmen were never defeated by the brotherhood based upon this. Such a badass, yet loving moment.

Xmen/F4
    This issue... Goddess. The preview showed the initial moments where storm is included. The garden bit was nice but then we see Xavier looking at a hydrokinetic display of Franklin were storm is obviously missing from this. But whatever.

The next time we see Storm she is on yancy street with a delegate of xmen looking to convince the Richards to let Franklin come back to krakoa. Sue, upon their arrival, is defensive putting a shield in place to keep the xmen from Franklin. Kitty phases through and hugs Franklin and everyone goes inside. Once inside the F4 home, it eventually goes downhill where the xmen and F4 get combative on whether Franklin should stay with his family or come back to Krakoa where Xavier can examine why his powers are dwindling. Ororo tells Ben outside (while the others are being combative) that she does believe franklin should come to krakoa due to all the hate mutants face in the world. I was immediately turned off by this because I do not believe ororo would be ok Franklin being separated from his family.

Moving on, Kitty and Franklin sneak off to the krakoa gate where she tells him he supports him no matter what he decides. Johnny then confronts them accusing Kitty of essentially kidnapping him. That's when Storm blows Johnny away from them and start the xmen battle against the F4. What I did like here is besides Storm blowing Johnny away we dont see her fighting the f4. It appears she stays out of it which considering her friendship to the f4 makes sense. Thereafter, we learn Reed has deactivated Franklin mutant gene which prevents him from going into the krakoa gate.

That was it from Storm. What was incredibly frustrating is that the overall fight felt very forced. Even if the xmen thought that the Richards were doing horrible things to franklin, he is still a minor and they ultimately have the right to tell him that he cant go to krakoa and the xmen should accept that. Reed even says he will be an adult soon and can then decide to go there if he chooses too. I completely side with the F4 here but I overall wasnt impressed with how they chose to create this conflict. It seemed a bit OOC to me.
    end of spoilers
    I missed that part spoilers:
    I'm still waiting for storm to give doom payback for doomwar
    end of spoilers

I'm looking forward to the next issue. and then of course we will see what places storm in a vegetative state in the giant size issue.
    Thank you luv <3. It looks like I should pick up Marauders and XFF books. The X-Men sound way OOC and I don’t get why I am seeing Magneto presebt here. Out of the X-Men Storm, Wolverine, Bobby & Kitty have the historical connection with the FF that would make this mission more plausible, even it did end up going south. Hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Thank you luv <3. It looks like I should pick up Marauders and XFF books. The X-Men sound way OOC and I don’t get why I am seeing Magneto presebt here. Out of the X-Men Storm, Wolverine, Bobby & Kitty have the historical connection with the FF that would make this mission more plausible, even it did end up going south. Hmmm.....
    yes please pick up both issues. I would love to hear your thoughts. you make excellent points. I know level headed discussions dont lend well to action packed stories but this all kinda felt avx-y and ivx-y but not as bad.

I think any fight Ororo has with the Human Torch should be in her favor. Johnny has no chance against her tbh

This is how I feel for the most part as well! Wasn’t a huge role but definitely stoked for the next Marauders issue. Duggan’s callback to Uncanny #170 was a treat.

A216D2A7-E004-4ED2-97E7-1038EA1BC9B9.jpg

1A44A561-624C-415B-B02C-29A8592FCCE1.jpg

B3E12244-19F9-4510-990F-7955CCAE8AF7.jpg

As for FF/X it was fun but you would’ve had me f*cked up if you thought you were coming into my house, proclaiming superiority, and then telling me what’s best for my son. Especially bringing Erik in and leaving Ororo, the bridge/voice of reason between both teams, outside?? After Onslaught Xavier was lucky Sue didn’t cap Erik with a brain bubble on SIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

I’m also super excited for the next issue of FF/X because, although I’m aware of false hope, Pyro going to wake Ororo up just before Doom attacks... just screams potential Ororo/Doom conflict. Especially with their history. It would be so disappointing if they don’t do anything with that as it seemed like they were directly setting it up in a way, timing wise. Ororo should bust outta that below deck cabin like she shot out of that rock landslide BP #172 lmaoo

BANNED

Well, Storm this week was ok.

spoilers:
    Marauders - This was good. Though I was expecting some shade between Storm and Callisto, but i'm fine with what I got. It was a nice reference if anyone knows about their History. I hope Lockheed isn't dead and I hope Kitty told Emma what happened. I'm going to guess that's the reason why Storm get's Pissed.

X-Men Vs FF - This was Good. But I would say both sides approached the situation poorly. Sue Richards was not rational at all. The BS Reed pulled is a classic Reed.
    Storm's conversation with Ben to me was weird. But i'm glad to see Storm showing how better she is against Johnny Storm. And i'm happy Storm didn't really engage in battle and i'm happy Sue or any other FF member didn't attack Storm. To I will assume it's because of their friendship.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    This is how I feel for the most part as well! Wasn’t a huge role but definitely stoked for the next Marauders issue. Duggan’s callback to Uncanny #170 was a treat.

A216D2A7-E004-4ED2-97E7-1038EA1BC9B9.jpg

1A44A561-624C-415B-B02C-29A8592FCCE1.jpg

B3E12244-19F9-4510-990F-7955CCAE8AF7.jpg

As for FF/X it was fun but you would’ve had me f*cked up if you thought you were coming into my house, proclaiming superiority, and then telling me what’s best for my son. Especially bringing Erik in and leaving Ororo, the bridge/voice of reason between both teams, outside?? After Onslaught Xavier was lucky Sue didn’t cap Erik with a brain bubble on SIGHT.
    Baby!!!! This post is epic! Thank you for the throwback pics of their initial battle. It was definitely a delight to see!

And I'm screaming!!! rolling do you hear me about them having you f'd up lolol because you absolutely right. Sue had every right to go savage mode on the xmen. And you are still speaking so much truth. why is Erik in there, as opposed to ororo who is actually a good friend of the F4? and I so wish she would have popped their brains. magneto especially was workin my nerves.

Oan: I remember how people scoffed at the idea of ororo being a god and how they didnt like it or whatever but what I find interesting now is how there are different elements of "godhood" being discussed. For instance, we're seeing this talk more in Hickmans xmen with Magneto talking of mutants being "gods" then today in F4 there was this talk of the source of the f4 coming from God power. Is it meant to dilute what we've learned of Ororo's godhead or simply to make the idea of superpowered beings actual gods more common place? I dont really know but it's something I dont believe to be coincidental.

I’m also super excited for the next issue of FF/X because, although I’m aware of false hope, Pyro going to wake Ororo up just before Doom attacks... just screams potential Ororo/Doom conflict. Especially with their history. It would be so disappointing if they don’t do anything with that as it seemed like they were directly setting it up in a way, timing wise. Ororo should bust outta that below deck cabin like she shot out of that rock landslide BP #172 lmaoo
    Nothing but truth. This is why I sometimes feel like there some minor mental manipulation going on the island.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Nothing but truth. This is why I sometimes feel like there some minor mental manipulation going on the island.
    I would like that too. But ya'll know this IS a Doombot..lol watch.

LOL we know now why Storm is irritated, Pyro has been waking Storm up with Fire. No wonder she is mad. ALSO, how do we know that the ThunderStorm they are in is not a product of Storm's emotions. She probably mad dreaming in her sleep. HHAHA