Page 67 of 613 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167567 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I picked up both Marauders #7 and X-Men/FF #1. I enjoyed both issues.

Marauders - Despite being (again 3 months later...) too light on Storm her moment of reconnection with Callisto was handled perfectly. It was nice to see their history respected. Callisto's characterization was great. And she looked beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of Cal. I am hoping she gets some shine in her role as the HFC White Knight. I would love to see her tentacles resurface (Octo-Cal was life in Excalibur) or recall her mutant power of tactical brilliance. Like a CQC showdown between her and Shinobi Shaw. The ending exchange between Emma and Shaw had me like.... I can see where this will create a heated/bloody confrontation between Storm and Emma. Losing Kitty would make Storm go postal and lethal whoever she thinks is at fault. I can see her blaming Emma and coming for her. I'd love for Ororo to make Shaw a drooling mess like Sinister once she learn the truth. This got a 8.5/10.

X-Men/FF was good but that conflict felt very forced. I think Ororo would not approve of Xavier's approach to the FF, and that she would recognize that Franklin is/would be safe with his parents. I would see Ororo taking an approach that would appeal too Franklin''s compassion for justice his fellow mutants. I can see that being something both he and his family could get behind but also their hesitancy to move forward with the idea due to the volatility of Krakoa. Storm being in approval doesn't feel in character to me at all. The FF felt OOC as well. And with Doom coming on the scene - I am curious if this writer will have Ororo throw down with him (and in a credible way). This gets a 7/10 from me. Good art ,interesting story premise but the characterization was off for the sake of thee story plot.
    bish I've been waiting for your thoughts all day lol.. now let me read through it lol.

as much as I hate emma for ororo, i have enjoyed how kitty and emma relate. I'm pretty sure as well that the conflict that will arise from these two are due to kittys disappearance and/or confirmed death. however, whenever the truth surfaces and it will, who will be the one to give shaw his well deserved thrashing: emma, ororo, kitty? I would wager kitty would lead in this race but I would so love to see ororo drop him again but this time not by way of emma.

yea ororo seemed so OOC to me. I could not imagine any scenario where she would be ok with separating her dear friend from her son. it was just a mess of a mess to read. now what would be a credible way for doom to fight storm in your opinion?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Lol what??? Cville explain your example please. Who is “they” and who is taking “them” around the world???

I don’t know, I personally don’t think that gives you the right to put your hands on them.
    They is your friend and them are your children.

so what has been everyone's favorite storm moment since Hickman has started the new run?

if I had to choose.. my answer would be her sensing and controlling the twins energy before handing them over to cecelia.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

What Emma said to Shaw makes me feel like Emma knows.

I agree I’m more interested in how Storm finds out that Kitty is dead or missing? I can’t wait for Storm to get pissed.
    Me too. And I hope she is SAVAGE! Like no holds bard, no mercy and no f%^&s given.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    bish I've been waiting for your thoughts all day lol.. now let me read through it lol.

as much as I hate emma for ororo, i have enjoyed how kitty and emma relate. I'm pretty sure as well that the conflict that will arise from these two are due to kittys disappearance and/or confirmed death. however, whenever the truth surfaces and it will, who will be the one to give shaw his well deserved thrashing: emma, ororo, kitty? I would wager kitty would lead in this race but I would so love to see ororo drop him again but this time not by way of emma.

yea ororo seemed so OOC to me. I could not imagine any scenario where she would be ok with separating her dear friend from her son. it was just a mess of a mess to read. now what would be a credible way for doom to fight storm in your opinion?
    Lol sorry. I ended up working quite late. But your spoils helped tied me over . Under the circumstances Kitty should be the once to murder Shaw. He not only killed her but he also killed Lockheed. What I would LOVE TO SEE...is Storm go ape-s%#$ on Shaw. Like freezing his heart to the point of near death or scrambling his brain and leaving him as a vegetable next to Sabretooh. I think losing Kitty would still be like losing a daughter (or little sister) for Ororo. That should be a catastrophic f$%^ up for anyone who crossed that line with Storm.

On FF I hate when writers ignore history and characterization for the sake of their plots. Even when the story is good I can't get passed it. A credible fight between Storm and Doom for me would be for her to be fight him more tactically and intelligently. Most writers just have her hurl lightning at him, even though we have seen that in their last 2 encounters it doesn't effect him. It would make Storm seem idiotic to not factor in what she should've learned from previous encounters. I'd like to see Storm attack him in ways he would not expect. Even if she were to lose I think it would make for a credible fight as long as she was able to get some good licks in, and it was done in a way that makes sense for one of the X-Men's greatest tactical field leaders who is a master weather elemental. She has a lot to choose form in her arsenal and should recognize Doom as one of the most powerful (magically and technologically) beings on earth. Use her control over pressure, point blank super thunderclap, ultimately belly flop with a waterspout grabbing and slamming him, mega hailstones hurled at 350 mph, etc. Something that won't make the fight boring, predictable and full of CIS.

so what has been everyone's favorite storm moment since Hickman has started the new run?

if I had to choose.. my answer would be her sensing and controlling the twins energy before handing them over to cecelia.
    So far I would say her water manipulation tied with her introduction of the resurrected mutants.

Me too. And I hope she is SAVAGE! Like no holds bard, no mercy and no f%^&s given.

Lol sorry. I ended up working quite late. But your spoils helped tied me over . Under the circumstances Kitty should be the once to murder Shaw. He not only killed her but he also killed Lockheed. What I would LOVE TO SEE...is Storm go ape-s%#$ on Shaw. Like freezing his heart to the point of near death or scrambling his brain and leaving him as a vegetable next to Sabretooh. I think losing Kitty would still be like losing a daughter (or little sister) for Ororo. That should be a catastrophic f$%^ up for anyone who crossed that line with Storm.

On FF I hate when writers ignore history and characterization for the sake of their plots. Even when the story is good I can't get passed it. A credible fight between Storm and Doom for me would be for her to be fight him more tactically and intelligently. Most writers just have her hurl lightning at him, even though we have seen that in their last 2 encounters it doesn't effect him. It would make Storm seem idiotic to not factor in what she should've learned from previous encounters. I'd like to see Storm attack him in ways he would not expect. Even if she were to lose I think it would make for a credible fight as long as she was able to get some good licks in, and it was done in a way that makes sense for one of the X-Men's greatest tactical field leaders who is a master weather elemental. She has a lot to choose form in her arsenal and should recognize Doom as one of the most powerful (magically and technologically) beings on earth. Use her control over pressure, point blank super thunderclap, ultimately belly flop with a waterspout grabbing and slamming him, mega hailstones hurled at 350 mph, etc. Something that won't make the fight boring, predictable and full of CIS.
    omg omg I hope Lockheed is not dead. I know those fishermen will find a way to bring him back somehow. like maybe since it's a magical creature he somehow stopped his bodily functions somehow not requiring air, like a stasis mode or something lol. I'm reaching but I refuse to believe the baby is gone. and agreed about ororo going ape ish on shaw. I love all of what you said. I want her to control the synapses in his heart and immediately stop it from beating.

I'm not sure where doom is now powerwise but her lightning in one title was able to completely short his suit. I would imagine he has magic buffs now since then and so internal attacks in parallel to all the things you mentioned would do the trick.

BANNED

Lockheed is an Alien, not a Magical Creature.

Lockheed is an Alien, not a Magical Creature.
    that works too.

So far I would say her water manipulation tied with her introduction of the resurrected mutants.
    I liked the water manipulation showing too. that's probably my second fav feat this far alongside her manipulating the massive way. we seldom get water manipulation feats from her.

that works too.

I liked the water manipulation showing too. that's probably my second fav feat this far alongside her manipulating the massive way. we seldom get water manipulation feats from her.
    I also liked the time she took out the Verendi henchmen’s eye and wanted her vibranium blade back. I would love to get a more expanded combat sequence for her.

I also liked the time she took out the Verendi henchmen’s eye and wanted her vibranium blade back. I would love to get a more expanded combat sequence for her.
    agreed duggan has given storm cute moments but I'm still waiting for an impressive showing of her power . at this point, for me at least, we havent got that.

Your right. And the fact of the matter is...They are BOTH Wrong.

Both sides handled this situation completely WRONG. I'll admit it was a GREAT read, and the small fight scenes were funny. Sue Richards basically soloed most of the X-Men LOL. Just like she did to the Avengers.
    I've never been a real fan of FF but I wanna understand what exactly are Sue's powers and how powerful is she if she soloed most of the x-Men. So far all I know about her is she can turn invisible and create a force field

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I've never been a real fan of FF but I wanna understand what exactly are Sue's powers and how powerful is she if she soloed most of the x-Men. So far all I know about her is she can turn invisible and create a force field
    honestly sue could have taken out the entire xmen delegate if she wanted. shes not the most powerful f4 member for nothing lol.

honestly sue could have taken out the entire xmen delegate if she wanted. shes not the most powerful f4 member for nothing lol.
    I just don't see how. All she does is create force fields and dissapear lol. Well from what I know of her which ain't much

BANNED

Your not wrong. That IS her power. She can go Invisible and Create Strong powerful Force Fields.

All that other COOL stuff she can do is just a by product of her powers and how skillful she is in using them.

I just don't see how. All she does is create force fields and dissapear lol. Well from what I know of her which ain't much
    she could suffocate them while protecting herself.

they would be able to fight back without air to breathe.

I mean sue is a beast. I think she can be beaten by them all with the exception of Logan. but if she were to attack first she could do some serious dane. also her fields woukdnt work on kitty she can phase through them.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-06-2020 at 01:05 PM.

She can creates small force fields inside peoples' bodies. Cutting off blood flow. Essentially she could have given them all heart attacks without much effort