Page 69 of 613 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169569 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Remember when Storm broke out of whatever casing Doom trapped her in through sheer willpower? Good times.
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure Doom let her out, but she went super saiyan on his ass as soon as she was free.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure Doom let her out, but she went super saiyan on his ass as soon as she was free.
    I just double checked and you're right. Doom lets Nightcrawler free her by throwing an orb at her chrome body...

But at least she summons that huge storm while chromed.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I just double checked and you're right. Doom lets Nightcrawler free her by throwing an orb at her chrome body...

But at least she summons that huge storm while chromed.
    No, I love that story as it was and Ororo had great showings there, but the details are the details. Maybe given more time(to build up more energy), she might have escaped herself(and perhaps fully evolved into her elemental form), but it wasn't the season for that yet...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Right? I miss Claremont's Storm. No one else serves her up as well.

That said, if Sue's fields are some kind of cosmic energy native to the universe, that means it's some kind of element, which means Ororo could usurp Sue's control over it! I'm sure it would never happen on the page, but it's a reasonable extrapolation.
    I agree. you remember when she fought off malice control of her? it's why I couldnt get fully behind xmen red, for example, because a lot of her strengths were downplayed to prop up other lead characters.

I think your point about the em field was a great point as to why her powers could get through her shield. however, to be fair Sue's powers if I'm not mistaken allows her to bend those wavelengths which allows her to become invisible. if she can do this with ligh t im sure she could with other wavelengths such as em energy. to your point about ororo taking control over her shield I completely agree. I'm so ready to see ororo start manipulating other forms of energy akin to win that skrull storm fought gladiator. I've not seen anything really that shows these writers understand the complexity of her abilities and how it functions.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

No, I love that story as it was and Ororo had great showings there, but the details are the details. Maybe given more time(to build up more energy), she might have escaped herself(and perhaps fully evolved into her elemental form), but it wasn't the season for that yet...
    I got the sense she would have destroyed everything on Earth lol.

oh dang yup you're right but it still was awesome in that we got to see what her unconscious mind could do when met with such an assault on her body. we got something surprisingly similar In the hunt for wolverine madripoor.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Especially now that she's an official Omega mutant, and we have people like Jaime and Proteus and Franklin back in the story again, there really is no reason Ororo shouldn't be out here transmuting elements, turning her own body into an elemental form, and experimenting with various exotic elements like gamma rays, anti-matter, and gravity waves, etc. At least some sprites, just for the visuals alone!

Screw that. I don't care how much buff Sue gets, if she thinks she can stuff Ororo into a box and call it a day, she is surely mistaken!

Ororo. Would. Find. A. Way. Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In battle boards, that's not exactly what a bloodlusted Sue would do first. She would grow a bubble inside you like a tumor.

Same with Ororo, but hers is usually the lightning strike, and the new one that she pulled against Mr. Sinister with that brain synapse move.

Ignorant fanboys of other characters would actually argue about putting her in a field and enclose her as she's claustrophobic. However, only real fans know that's actually a death sentence to anyone that tries it on her.

Especially now that she's an official Omega mutant, and we have people like Jaime and Proteus and Franklin back in the story again, there really is no reason Ororo shouldn't be out here transmuting elements, turning her own body into an elemental form, and experimenting with various exotic elements like gamma rays, anti-matter, and gravity waves, etc. At least some sprites, just for the visuals alone!

Lord, please let this happen.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    In battle boards, that's not exactly what a bloodlusted Sue would do first. She would grow a bubble inside you like a tumor.

Same with Ororo, but hers is usually the lightning strike, and the new one that she pulled against Mr. Sinister with that brain synapse move.

Ignorant fanboys of other characters would actually argue about putting her in a field and enclose her as she's claustrophobic. However, only real fans know that's actually a death sentence to anyone that tries it on her.
    Storm's powers still work inside Sue's force field and certain sound like Thunder around her ears could mess with concentration.
    RCO041_1469326357.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed duggan has given storm cute moments but I'm still waiting for an impressive showing of her power . at this point, for me at least, we havent got that.
    I agree. The creating the tidal wave to travel on and the super heated sand turning to glass was cool but I would like to see what “omega level” atmokinesis looks like from Duggan. There is much to explore with her power set and I would think that Storm becoming omega, and their level of importance to Krakoa, should be demonstrated in compelling ways.

I always like Storm going hand to hand as much as I like creative use of her powers though as well. Her effortlessly catching that knife Callisto tossed at her was awesome. Part of me feels like the readership could use a refresher that mutants aren’t the sum of their powers. That many of them possess other highly developed skills and are some of the most keen tactical/strategic minds in the MU. I’d like to see a story that explores that aspect of them, as well as why they are important fixtures in the mutant community.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

What the Hell is that!??

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post

Clearly, it shows they don’t know what they are talking about. I’ve seen that argument way too many times . LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post

Her effortlessly catching that knife Callisto tossed at her was awesome.
    I thought that was a good representation of her reaction and how skillful she actually is. Also, I liked the fact In X-Men issue #5 that despite getting Blasted in the back from that air ship Storm was still able to took it like a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I agree. The creating the tidal wave to travel on and the super heated sand turning to glass was cool but I would like to see what “omega level” atmokinesis looks like from Duggan. There is much to explore with her power set and I would think that Storm becoming omega, and their level of importance to Krakoa, should be demonstrated in compelling ways.

I always like Storm going hand to hand as much as I like creative use of her powers though as well. Her effortlessly catching that knife Callisto tossed at her was awesome. Part of me feels like the readership could use a refresher that mutants arenÂ’t the sum of their powers. That many of them possess other highly developed skills and are some of the most keen tactical/strategic minds in the MU. IÂ’d like to see a story that explores that aspect of them, as well as why they are important fixtures in the mutant community.
    Cool is absolutely the right word to use. These were nice showings however it doesmt show me at all what it is that makes her omega. Why are omega level mutants so important to Krakao, specifically why is Ororo needed? Right now it's to be bodyguard or babysitter to kitty, but beyond that I'm not so sure. The occasional appearance with the quiet council and in the xmen book doesnt answer that question.

Agreed to all of the last part. I'm totally that gurl who loves power displays but I would love to see more integration of power with the h2h. Wind/lightning kicks and punches would easily do the trick. And I loved her catching the knives so effortlessly. definitely a callback to their battle for leadership of the morlocks.

this is so beautiful. everytime I see this I hope it's something the creative team would incorporate when displaying her power. ororo could be so much more if the creative team stopped with all the lightning stiiff all the time. I mean if you going to dologhtning can we get the sprites. I mean damn lol

?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

?
    what's this?