Page 89 of 613 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189589 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 9190

Storm had a great dramatic moment in Marauders #8. I highly recommend it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah, there is no way these guys are just in their late 20s (which is closer to 30 anyway).

Not everything needs to be an origin story. People living under a rock know who the X-Men are already. And even if the Fox movies had flaws, we don't need to see them as teenagers to get proper characterization. A film not dedicated to the X-Men in their teens or 20s is pretty low on the list of problems if it was even on the list to begin with.
    The most recent X-Men run states emphatically that it's only been about 10 years since the X-Men began, which makes Iceman about 26, Scott/Jean/Warren about 27, and Hank about 28/29. That's their current ages. Why would you skip all 10 years of their continuity and start at the end?

We never saw Scott get orphaned by the Shi'Ar, save his little brother in the crash, get manipulated by Sinister in the orphanage, run around with Diamond Jack and get recruited by Xavier. All of that is vital to his character arc as an emotionally cut off, hyper focused leader.

We never saw Ororo as a young weather goddess bringing rain to the drought-stricken lands. We didn't see her as an extremely competent thief picking Xavier's pocket and inadvertently getting him in a tussle with Shadow King.

We never saw Jean share the death experience of her childhood friend Annie. Or really even her and Scott's relationship develop.

We never saw the X-Men learn to use their powers individually and as a team in the Danger Room.

People are the most emotionally volatile and have the most impactful experiences as teens and young adults. That's where their characters are formed. Mutants are a metaphor for teen angst and finding one's place in the world. The O5 were all teens when they first debuted. Piotr, Kurt, Kitty, Rogue, Rachel, Jubilee, all the New Mutants, and dozens of characters since were all teens when they debuted. They live at a school. X-Men starting off as college aged just makes 1000% sense.

The first Fox-Men movie already did the X-Men as 30 somethings. And it skipped ALLLLL of their important characterizations and relationships!!! Let's not repeat that mistake again!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Meh. Duggan just isn't doing it for me.

I agree i LOVED it. I also love i can feel the Storm building in so many books. Feels like something big is coming for Storm and i'm here for it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Meh. Duggan just isn't doing it for me.
    Same. I dropped Marauders at issue 4.

That sh-t was lame! A major disappointment. Storm was barely in this issue and when she came she did something cringeworthy. Im not here for Storm and Emma bonding

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That sh-t was lame! A major disappointment. Storm was barely in this issue and when she came she did something cringeworthy. Im not here for Storm and Emma bonding
    Yeah nah. Duggan was already doing this last issue with Callisto and Jumbo/Emma. I wasn't buying it then. I didn't think this version was any better. I actually hated the Iceman part. But yeah, Duggan just isn't as intelligent a writer as Hickman, and even something light-hearted like New Mutants is written circles around what Marauders is doing.

Plus, unless she is only counting the last few years, Duggan's Ororo is forgetting this:

punchemma.jpg

BANNED

Marauders was embarrassing to read.

Someone get Lord Claremont on the line! He must save Ororo from Duggan!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Marauders was embarrassing to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Someone get Lord Claremont on the line! He must save Ororo from Duggan!
    Ugh that bad? I haven’t seen a review thread (maybe this the reason lol). I’m OK with spoilers if either of you are up for giving me the highlights for Storm in the issue?
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Some of you all really need to let go of the (awful) past...and come to the realisation that if these fictional characters have moved on, and are better for it, then so can you.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Some of you all really need to let go of the (awful) past...and come to the realisation that if these fictional characters have moved on, and are better for it, then so can you.
    Storm hadnt moved on from it when this series began. She hated Emma and made it clear she wanted nothing to do with her. I dont even think Duggan has written a scene with them together prior to this and now Storm is all chummy with her? I wish she had kept up the same energy she approached Emma with bc that would have made more sense than her caving so quickly. This 180 doesnt work for the Storm that Duggan has written so far and what we got was her throwing a temper tantrum which resulted in her crying in Emma's arms. Puke

Look at the narrative gold we got in Wolverine with his past with Omega Red being adhered to. You can't just patch over everything and think that's better. Besides, ultimately it is about Emma owning up to her actions. She has been goading Shaw unnecessarily all series, making every effort to embarrass him and rub his face in the mud. And when he bucks back, she's just supposed to get off scott free, when her preening ends up with Kate drowned?

No ma'am.

Why is Emma taller than Ororo?