Page 9 of 613 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Hodari has been part of T'Challa's council since the first issue of Coates' run. He debuted way before there was even mention of a Hadari Yao.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    In my mind the Wakandian ambassador being named Hodari was a wink to Hadari Yao. But in my mind. lol
    He is also one of the guys who advised Tchalla to sit down with dictators and despots. Why he is at this meeting is suspect. lol.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    "I know you have been busy, beloved, but I am pleased you were able to spend a few days with me in Wakanda. So, how has your week been?"

"Busy, as you said. In fact, I am exhausted." Ororo shrugged, knowing T'Challa would keep her up late tonight, in the most delicious way, and she wouldn't mind.

"You are beautiful."

"The dark marks under my eyes would disagree. Oh, speaking of eyes, I used your birthday gift the other day."

T'Challa frowned, and Ororo smiled, enjoying the few times she could stump a man of his genius.

"If you did not go overboard with your gift giving, you would know to which gift I am referring."

Leaning back in his chair, he crossed arms over his chest, pulling his dashiki taut across his muscular frame.

"The knife. I used the knife you gave me on a fool who thought to steal Krakoan children."

"What does that have to do with eyes?" The moment T'Challa posed the question, his own eyes squinted with realization. "Are you saying you stabbed someone in the eye with your birthday present?"

"Precisely. He and the other men wore power dampening suits, so they thought that made Lucas and me easy prey."

"They were wrong, of course."

"Of course."

Sliding his dinner plate to the side, T'Challa placed his elbows on the table and froze Ororo with a knowing smile. "Beloved, you are a goddess. Those power dampening suits would have had no effect. So, tell me again why you used your vibranium blade on, yes, the fool who thought he could best you?"

An image of the mutant children on the boat--afraid and caged like animals--flashed in Ororo's mind. Mutants weren't inferior to anyone, and she was so tired of them being treated as such. But she was too fatigued to have that conversation with T'Challa, so Ororo simply said, "I felt like fighting old school."

"Old school, hmm?" T'Challa's gaze lowered to the knife in Ororo's hand cutting her spicy chicken. "I know I gifted you with the knife, but it never occurred to me you would use it to blind someone. Should I be worried?"

Ororo grinned. "If I intended on using my blade on you, beloved, I would have done so when you told me about Nakia."

T'Challa's frown returned.

Ororo shrugged again. "That could change, though, if you have more confessions to make."
    omg bish this post is epic!!! how did I miss this? your writing made this so easy to visualize and it is a conversation I could totally see them having. if I wasn't already amazed by your writing, the sassy and fire you brought with her warning about nakia was simple perfection!!!! the only waste this would be more perfect is if marvel canonized this convo lol.

thank you boo for sharing this!! and Terrence said please dont change!!

i thought about this after seeing the discussion on whether storm went too far in stabbing the guy and guiltypleasure posts brought attention to what I think sent ororo over the edge:

I don't think ororo would be able to contain her anger seeing faces like that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    omg bish this post is epic!!! how did I miss this? your writing made this so easy to visualize and it is a conversation I could totally see them having. if I wasn't already amazed by your writing, the sassy and fire you brought with her warning about nakia was simple perfection!!!! the only waste this would be more perfect is if marvel canonized this convo lol.

thank you boo for sharing this!! and Terrence said please dont change!!
    Ha, thanks. I totally thought of you when I wrote this. The line with Nakia came to mind first then the rest. LOL. I can totally see T'Challa giving Ororo a serious arched eyebrow and then backing away, knowing full well what his woman is capable of. What I like about them both is that their fighting can be straight up savage/hard core. They are versatile and will use whatever is in arms reach to take down a foe. I would love to see T'Challa and Ororo in a hand-to-hand fight against skilled combatants. When done well, those are great comic book scenes.

Ha, thanks. I totally thought of you when I wrote this. The line with Nakia came to mind first then the rest. LOL. I can totally see T'Challa giving Ororo a serious arched eyebrow and then backing away, knowing full well what his woman is capable of. What I like about them both is that their fighting can be straight up savage/hard core. They are versatile and will use whatever is in arms reach to take down a foe. I would love to see T'Challa and Ororo in a hand-to-hand fight against skilled combatants. When done well, those are great comic book scenes.
    you're very welcome! I would love to see more of these dialogues lolol. I'm sorry the line about shuri still got me shooketh lol. and that is very sweet of you boo. to your points made I couldnt agree with you more. tchalla took down mephisto, stared the tiger God in his eyes and dared it to try him. we cant also forget these two love to get kinky in the bed room where they have some h2h play before really sealing the night with a romp.in the sheets. these two are not to be trifled with in any way. I'm hoping coates give us a bit of their h2h abilities before this season is done but if not I would be down just an over the top goddess feat lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

you're very welcome! I would love to see more of these dialogues lolol. I'm sorry the line about shuri still got me shooketh lol. and that is very sweet of you boo. to your points made I couldnt agree with you more. tchalla took down mephisto, stared the tiger God in his eyes and dared it to try him. we cant also forget these two love to get kinky in the bed room where they have some h2h play before really sealing the night with a romp.in the sheets. these two are not to be trifled with in any way. I'm hoping coates give us a bit of their h2h abilities before this season is done but if not I would be down just an over the top goddess feat lol.
    LOL. Kinky bedroom play. Love it. I can totally see Ororo being more adventurous in that area than T'Challa. He would pretend to only go along with whatever kink Ororo wanted for the night because she suggested it, while secretly being totally down with whatever. And, of course, Ororo would scope his game. LOL. Anyway, yes, more hand-to-hand from Ororo. I think,or at least I hope, we get goddess feats in this month's BP issue. Maybe Coates will do something cool for Feb and Black History Month. Under Hudlin, this is my fav BP cover with Storm.

BP storm.jpg

LOL. Kinky bedroom play. Love it. I can totally see Ororo being more adventurous in that area than T'Challa. He would pretend to only go along with whatever kink Ororo wanted for the night because she suggested it, while secretly being totally down with whatever. And, of course, Ororo would scope his game. LOL. Anyway, yes, more hand-to-hand from Ororo. I think,or at least I hope, we get goddess feats in this month's BP issue. Maybe Coates will do something cool for Feb and Black History Month. Under Hudlin, this is my fav BP cover with Storm.

BP storm.jpg

yes hudlins writing of this exchange was so cute between these two lol

I love that cover too! I would love ororo to rock a fro more. why do you think we will get a defeat this month?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t think there’s a central dynasty in Kenya the way countries like Wakanda or Britain have. Kings and queens exist at the local level, but there is no universally recognized ruling family that influences the entire territory of Kenya. Storm is princess of an as of yet unnamed tribe located in the Serengeti, not all of Kenya. If you dig deep enough into the lore this tribe has migrated and founded city-states like Meroe in what’s now Sudan but I’m not sure that’s canon.

And the nations that would become British Kenya predate the arrival of Islam, they just converted as the Indian Ocean trade continued.
    Ororo's royal lineage has not been clearly defined in the canon, but it has been said to be the oldest royal line of humans on earth. I've always thought the implication was that they are the original royals from whence all other royals descend, and so while in the current age they are largely restricted to some hidden valley in the Great Rift Valley, their descendants could be all over the world, making Ororo queen of humanity. There are huge stories to be told there, if Marvel ever gets the balls to try.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ororo's royal lineage has not been clearly defined in the canon, but it has been said to be the oldest royal line of humans on earth. I've always thought the implication was that they are the original royals from whence all other royals descend, and so while in the current age they are largely restricted to some hidden valley in the Great Rift Valley, their descendants could be all over the world, making Ororo queen of humanity. There are huge stories to be told there, if Marvel ever gets the balls to try.
    hey boo did you read the latest issue of mauraders what were your thoughts?

hey boo did you read the latest issue of mauraders what were your thoughts?
    I mean, Marauders just isn't doing it for me. Hickman's work in X-Men #4 for instance, was just on a whole other level. I wish he was interested in Ororo the same way he's interested in Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, or even Emma and Moira. Her human lineage, her magical potential, her powers, her connections to Wakanda, the UN Security Council, etc, etc, are just soooooo perfect for this Hickman era, but he doesn't seem to care about her at all, and Duggan's book is just not smart enough for my tastes. Ororo stabbing someone in the eye just doesn't do it for me, even if it was meant as a 'badass' moment. I want Ororo the stateswoman, I want Ororo schooling her peers on geopolitics and negotiating human and mutant rights from the the G8 countries in exchange for climate remediation. I want to see some Omega weather manipulation(where is the anti-matter gamma bursts?). I want to see Ororo actually lead again, and not just some random side squad, but as a goddess-queen to both humans and mutants. The potential is right there, but Duggan isn't seizing it in his book, and Hickman is too busy gracing other characters. I hope this changes soon.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I mean, Marauders just isn't doing it for me. Hickman's work in X-Men #4 for instance, was just on a whole other level. I wish he was interested in Ororo the same way he's interested in Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, or even Emma and Moira. Her human lineage, her magical potential, her powers, her connections to Wakanda, the UN Security Council, etc, etc, are just soooooo perfect for this Hickman era, but he doesn't seem to care about her at all, and Duggan's book is just not smart enough for my tastes. Ororo stabbing someone in the eye just doesn't do it for me, even if it was meant as a 'badass' moment. I want Ororo the stateswoman, I want Ororo schooling her peers on geopolitics and negotiating human and mutant rights from the the G8 countries in exchange for climate remediation. I want to see some Omega weather manipulation(where is the anti-matter gamma bursts?). I want to see Ororo actually lead again, and not just some random side squad, but as a goddess-queen to both humans and mutants. The potential is right there, but Duggan isn't seizing it in his book, and Hickman is too busy gracing other characters. I hope this changes soon.
    oh xmen 4 was amazing. it was such a great read. but overall I agree with your points. ororo should have a larger faculty considering not only her powers but her many connections across the globe. I would say you would get this next month in uncanny (hickman writing an awesome storm) but it's only going to result in ororo being held hostage.

yes hudlins writing of this exchange was so cute between these two lol

I love that cover too! I would love ororo to rock a fro more. why do you think we will get a defeat this month?

Ha, yes, I remember this issue. They were all about having premarital sex in the lead up to their wedding. LOL. The only reason I mentioned Ororo maybe getting some feat time this month or next was because, the ending of the last issue of BP Shuri said, "And now Ororo is already back fighting with the Maroons." Then Shuri says, "She truly is a goddess, you know that, brother?" I found that line strange. Why would she asked T'Challa if he knew Ororo was a goddess? Anyway, I anticipate this upcoming issue will be a split between what is happening with T'Challa's ancestors and what's going on with Ororo and Nakia on the moonbase.

Here is the link to the Afropunk article with the image: https://afropunk.com/2017/07/alicia-...storm-cosplay/

Cosplay.jpg

Ha, yes, I remember this issue. They were all about having premarital sex in the lead up to their wedding. LOL. The only reason I mentioned Ororo maybe getting some feat time this month or next was because, the ending of the last issue of BP Shuri said, "And now Ororo is already back fighting with the Maroons." Then Shuri says, "She truly is a goddess, you know that, brother?" I found that line strange. Why would she asked T'Challa if he knew Ororo was a goddess? Anyway, I anticipate this upcoming issue will be a split between what is happening with T'Challa's ancestors and what's going on with Ororo and Nakia on the moonbase.
    can you blame miss ororo for giving in to all that sexiness? your statement about premarital sexual been wondering what ororo would think about traditional judeo-Christian values? what are you thoughts on sin?

and I need to read that issue because that is an interesting statement that shuri made. is she talking about in reference to her beautiful personality? I hope you are right about the issue . when does it drop?

can you blame miss ororo for giving in to all that sexiness? your statement about premarital sexual been wondering what ororo would think about traditional judeo-Christian values? what are you thoughts on sin?

and I need to read that issue because that is an interesting statement that shuri made. is she talking about in reference to her beautiful personality? I hope you are right about the issue . when does it drop?
    Nope, can't blame Ororo at all. They had sex in T'Challa's plane right after she accepted his marriage proposal, so, ahh, yeah. They wasted no time. LOL.

As for Shuri's statement, I have no idea what she meant, especially since it was posed as a question. They all should know Ororo is a goddess. Honestly, there are lines that Coates have written that makes no sense to me like this one from BP #17 from Ororo to Nakia: "Listen, I am no telepath. However you or T'Challa feel is irrelevant to me, because it is unknowable to me."

Say what? Of course how they feel for each other is relevant to Ororo, especially T'Challa's feelings for Nakia. And why is T'Challa's feelings for Nakia unknowable to Ororo? Did he not tell her? If not, why wouldn't she ask? Okay, I'm going to get off that topic because that line, along with a couple of others, irritated me.

So, Black Panther #20 drops on Jan 22.

BP 20.jpg

Nope, can't blame Ororo at all. They had sex in T'Challa's plane right after she accepted his marriage proposal, so, ahh, yeah. They wasted no time. LOL.

As for Shuri's statement, I have no idea what she meant, especially since it was posed as a question. They all should know Ororo is a goddess. Honestly, there are lines that Coates have written that makes no sense to me like this one from BP #17 from Ororo to Nakia: "Listen, I am no telepath. However you or T'Challa feel is irrelevant to me, because it is unknowable to me."

Say what? Of course how they feel for each other is relevant to Ororo, especially T'Challa's feelings for Nakia. And why is T'Challa's feelings for Nakia unknowable to Ororo? Did he not tell her? If not, why wouldn't she ask? Okay, I'm going to get off that topic because that line, along with a couple of others, irritated me.

So, Black Panther #20 drops on Jan 22.

BP 20.jpg
    1. oh that plane scene was dope. as larger than life both these characters are I enjoy moments were they are human and engage as such.

2. I liked that line from BP. It reflects upon her insecurities regarding Tchalla and Nakia I believe. I think her vocalizing that their feelings for each other are irrelevant is perhaps a defense mechanism to confront the reality of that situation. Nevertheless, I appreciated her dialogue there because it again shows her humanity in being vulnerable to human emotion such as jealousy.

3. Tchalla definitely had a discussion with Ororo about it per issue 18:

So when she tells nakia their feelings for each other are unknown to her oi believe she is talking from the perspective of their literal feelings. Yes Tchalla may say that was a different time and he didnt know of Ororo, but this doesnt neccesarily addresss his empirical feelings for nakia or nakias for tchalla. Moreover, as I mentioned I think she is responding defensively to this truth revealed to her by Tchalla. It is a guarded reaction to a very complicated situation and ororo doesnt want to reveal her true insecurities, especially to Nakia. At least that is how I see it.

And january 22 is so far away!!!!! thank you