Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    If they made the teen Cable into Stryfe then he would have fooled Jean when she allowed him to go and save Rachel when Ahab took her away, then again it would make Jean look worse for it imho and maybe explain why he took so long to find and rescue Rachel...just have the older version come back, destroy the younger version, then refuse to live on Krakoa as he wouldn't trust the council or Xavier and Magneto...
    WTF? Teen Cable isnt Stryfe, nor is that a direction they are going towards

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Especially when teen Cable has already had a storyline fighting teen Stryfe in Brisson's X-Force run!

Tried it, had to drop it. There’s just nothing there....

The art by Noto, while nice looking, is just a terrible fit for this.

12 issues and then the real Nathan comes back, would be a nice solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Tried it, had to drop it. There’s just nothing there....

The art by Noto, while nice looking, is just a terrible fit for this.

12 issues and then the real Nathan comes back, would be a nice solution.
    Agree with all of this. 100%.

Yeah, love Duggan. And he has some great ideas. But Noto doesn't really fit here to me.

I’d love to see a return of adult Cable, resurrected by The Five, after Kid Cable returns to the future to live out the rest of his life. In a sense the newly resurrected Nathan would have a new lease on life, since the younger version is now stuck in a loop where he is destined to grow old and die at his own hands as he did in Extermination.

So this would be a back to basics approach with the character, acting as the X-men’s resident super soldier going on missions across the globe. Preferably written by Duggan, since he’s a big Cable fan, and illustrated by Viktor Bogdanovic whose work looks a lot like classic X-Force artist Greg Capullo.

That’s what I’d like to see anyway.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And yet they've already had storylines of Cable having daily clones and such, so while I don't expect it to happen just saying that something along those lines is possible and could be done...

No its not. Im 100% positive that we arent going to be hit with a twist that the Nathan in the books we've been reading is Stryfe, especially since as mentioned, we already saw Stryfe

Whether it’s likely or not, could still be a great twist IMO. Kid Stryfe basically having switched places with Kid Cable off panel at some point.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I doubt it has anything to do with that. Seems like they just want to explore this wholly unoriginal take on the character where they de-age him and thus have the ability to say, “What if Cable was an inexperienced young kid living through the Dawn of X age on Krakoa? Wouldn’t that be fun?” Like it hasn’t been done tons of times before with other characters, from Tony Stark to Lobo to the O5 X-men. Ultimately they’ll tire of it and we will get adult Nathan back.
    I like Kid Cable. He is the X-Men's own "Damian Wayne" and I can't think of any other character in Marvel better to play that role. OG Cable is good but where does he fit on Krakoa? He probably doesn't and thats why Kid Cable makes more sense.
    Last edited by The Jeeper 2.0; 09-14-2020 at 07:40 AM.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Except we’ve still got Bruce. He wasn’t replaced by Damian. IMO Kid Omega under OG Cable’s wing would make a great “Damian Wayne” for the X-books.

And OG Cable fits on Krakoa in the same way that Wolverine or X-Force does. A nation needs her soldiers.

Amazing Member

Whether it’s likely or not, could still be a great twist IMO. Kid Stryfe basically having switched places with Kid Cable off panel at some point.
    The swap would need to be in the future since Cable #4 confirms that Kid Cable is in fact the same person as the old cable he killed.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Except we’ve still got Bruce. He wasn’t replaced by Damian. IMO Kid Omega under OG Cable’s wing would make a great “Damian Wayne” for the X-books.

And OG Cable fits on Krakoa in the same way that Wolverine or X-Force does. A nation needs her soldiers.
    Well Cyclops is the Batman to Kable's Robin.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Not sure I see that honestly, but to each his own I guess.

I'm really digging this new Cable series. I'm excited to see how the Light Of Galador and Cable's possession of it plays into 'X of Swords'.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.