Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

I also loved Ed McGuinness’ take on Cable in X-Sanction. It’s like he was born to draw this character...

Here’s another pic he did of modern Cable that I found...

I was really interested to see how they’d do a T-O virus free Cable after the end of X-Sanction actually. And not T-O virus free like he was in Soldier X, when he purged himself of the virus for a bit and had access to his full omega level powers but was still half cyborg; but rather a fully human, flesh and blood Cable with no cybernetic bits whatsoever. That had promise... though without the virus and the bulk of his power keeping it in check, it has been shown that he eventually burns his body out and will die from it...

Hopeless picked up Cable’s adventures after X-Sanction, and basically established that Hope healed him but his powers were on the fritz. So that’s how he solved for the omega level powers issue, which was cool. He had precognitive flashes instead of full TP, and no TK for awhile. Spurrier ran with that too, though he cut off his arm again and gave him a cybernetic left arm back, instead of the exoskeletal prosthetic that Hopeless gave him in ‘Cable & X-Force.’

Regardless, I’m waiting for Kid Cable to return to the future so The Five can bring the older version back. If/when they do, why wouldn’t they bring him back without the T-O virus? Clearly they should be able to, with a reality warper like Proteus as part of the group. Would be interesting.

Hey guys hope all is well. Comic shop is back open full time after the shutdown and I'm looking to catch up on the new Cable series.. how many issues have been released so far?

Just one. It had one hell of a cliffhanger too! The second issue comes out at the end of July, then we’re back to monthly schedule (issue #3 in August, #4 in September, etc.).

Welcome back, fellow Cable fan!

Perfect, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I also loved Ed McGuinness’ take on Cable in X-Sanction. It’s like he was born to draw this character...

In agreement with you about Ed McGuinness. Those covers for X-Sanction with his artwork were most memorable (especially the variants):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OG adult Cable (Capullo's version) will always be a favorite:

That's wonderful, mikedesil. I'd love to know what you thought of it, though.
    Oh I love it. Just about my favorite X story of all time!

Never gets old.

Waiting for the first meeting and climactic battle between Cable & X-Man was agonizingly torturous,
    but the artwork of both Ian Churchill & Steve Skroce made it worth the wait:

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-24-2020 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Man, I hated X-man. Annoyingly over powered Cable knockoff from the AoA. But loved me some Ian Churchill art on Cable. That was a great time to be a fan!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Waiting for the first meeting and climactic battle between Cable & X-Man was agonizingly torturous,
    but the artwork of both Ian Churchill & Steve Skroce made it worth the wait:

I'm up to this very issue on Cable! I Loved this confrontation between the 2 of them.

And Ian Churchill was my favorite Cable artist.

Ultimate Member

Yeah Churchill is also my favorite Cable artist, he also drew Domino pretty darn well as well...

Back when Magneto had his floating orbital station he ripped Cable apart to where most of him is machine, he's basically a terminator, but he's still FAR better than this crappy teen version running around right now imho...

Couldn’t agree more, LoganAlpha!!!

Why would you post that abomination here of all places!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Why would you post that abomination here of all places!?
    Because its his thread

The cape above reminds me of Hope. I wonder if they will actually ever get a chance to interact on panel. Would be a waste to not take advantage of that while he's around