Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Cable wasnt targeted by the Death Commandos in End of Greys bc he wasnt at the family reunion PERIOD. It was an attack that happened over the course of a few minutes and he wasnt present. The Shi'ar did not go dn target any individual Grey; they all just conveniently happened to be in the same place at the same time. Cable was a 50 something year old man and he doesnt yearn for a family and sense of acceptance the way a young college aged Rachel did which is why he likely wasnt there. There wasnt any big conspiracy. That just wasnt his thing. I dont ever recall him ever even meeting or interacting with the Greys and really had no reason to with Jean dead at the time. It makes more sense that he would be detached and find going to a family reunion for people he doesnt know to be meaningless and a waste of his time

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Nah. Booster uses tech that’s primitive by Cable’s standards. He’d hack it and shut it down by giving it an Askani code virus or something. Like he did to Iron Man in Avengers: X-Sanction. And then he’d cut his throat and dump the body. Cable wins this one.

Last edited by juan678; 04-30-2020 at 06:22 AM.

Cable definitely has one of the weirder anatomies of all superhero characters. Such a mish-mash of things thrown together, and added to, over the years. Added to and also subtracted at times (e.g., the number of times he’s lost his powers or they’ve been altered/supplanted with technology). Makes him kind of hard to keep up with at times.

I think I liked what they did with him during Carey’s Supernovas run when he used technology to replace his lost powers (with his Infonet replacing his TP and his Cone of Silence force field replacing his TK). That was a cool status quo that they could’ve kept with honestly, after he burned out his powers purging his system of the T-O virus. I also didn’t mind when his TP was reduced to only mild precognition during Spurrier’s run. That’s was cool as well IMO.

Last edited by juan678; 05-12-2020 at 01:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Have we gotten Kid Cable’s thoughts on living with and working alongside Apocalypse?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Have we gotten Kid Cable’s thoughts on living with and working alongside Apocalypse?
    No and thats kind of a plothole I never considered until now

Peter NGuyen

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Peter NGuyen
    Just like Vulcan was resurrected pre-crazy phase. You’d think Cable would resurrect Tyler pre-Genesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Just like Vulcan was resurrected pre-crazy phase. You’d think Cable would resurrect Tyler pre-Genesis.
    There's a few things that need to be considered

1. Cable doesnt choose who does or doesnt come back. He's a kid and isnt even in any power position on Krakoa

2. Cable doesnt know Tyler. Why would he have him resurrected?

3. Genesis doesnt belong in this timeline. The main goal of the Five's resurrections is to restore mutantkind of present day 616, not alternate reality future beings that havent been born yet

I don’t see Kid Cable lasting all that long honestly. Especially since we’ve now seen a glimpse of the older Cable at the end of issue #1. Feel like it’s a matter of time before they return him to the status quo version, as all characters are prone to revert to eventually.

As for Tyler, I’d be surprised if Xavier was backing up mutants not from this era in Cerebro, other than those who are X-men (Cable, Bishop, Shatterstar). So I agree that it’s doubtful he’ll be back anytime soon. But OG Cable? Yeah, he’ll be back. Probably within the next 12 months if I had to guess.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No and thats kind of a plothole I never considered until now
    There's a few of those, it seems.

Like, how does Gambit like being so close to Mr. Sinister?

How does Kid Cable react to guys like Post?