Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Nathan Summers: Cable Appreciation 2020

Young or old, respect the X-men's most infamous time traveller

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Cable is a badass but one of the things I love about him is that he is the best dad, son, brother and friend on the X-men by far.
    EMw7uZfX0AA7ud6.jpg
    D1mJtcMU4AA1DQ4.jpg
    cute1.jpg

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

The only flaw here is that Capcom's second attempt was so bare-bones in aesthetics that the characters didn't even get post-win quotes.

Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

I really hope he gets to interact with Hope this year. Its a glaring hole that we have not seen any since he killed the older version that raised her. One thing i hate about the HoX time jump is that we didnt see how she handled meeting him for the first time

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Maybe because it matters less compared to the unified and seemingly absolute-zero-dissenting front of Krakoa NOW.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Maybe because it matters less compared to the unified and seemingly absolute-zero-dissenting front of Krakoa NOW.
    But Krakoa did not exist when he came back from the future. It also didnt exist when Xavier appoached Hope about raising the dead. We left her in UXM heated over Cable's death and to have her be apart of resurrecting every other dead mutant but her father is a conversation we needed to see, especially since he exists as this younger version that killed the man she loved. We already missed this discussion but I feel we still need to see the two interact. I dont think its something that should go ignored in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I really hope he gets to interact with Hope this year. Its a glaring hole that we have not seen any since he killed the older version that raised her. One thing i hate about the HoX time jump is that we didnt see how she handled meeting him for the first time
    Hope was pissed that Cable died but I don't think she will be pissed at her younger father. Or maybe Marvel will do what they did with old Cable and Teen Cyclops and Jean and totally ignore the topic. Maybe they will never met

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Hope was pissed that Cable died but I don't think she will be pissed at her younger father. Or maybe Marvel will do what they did with old Cable and Teen Cyclops and Jean and totally ignore the topic. Maybe they will never met
    That depends on how he reacts to her. He doesnt know her and has no affinity for her. If he comes at her with the same cocky attitude he's had with others and is unapologetic and dismissive of her feelings, I can see her being upset with him

Jean and Scott just went "Well you're also Nathan so it's fine lol" but I don't see Hope ever accepting kid Cable. For Jean and Scott, they raised him as a child and now he's a teen so he's the Nathan they know as much as the old one was. But for Hope, the Nathan she knows really is dead, all the memories and feelings for her, gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That depends on how he reacts to her. He doesnt know her and has no affinity for her. If he comes at her with the same cocky attitude he's had with others and is unapologetic and dismissive of her feelings, I can see her being upset with him
    He may not know Hope well yet but this Cable has knowledge old Cable took a while to get. Like his relationship with Jean and Scott. I'm sure he knows Hope will be his daughter, with all the time travel, alt universe shenanigans and his weird family tree, Cable of all people should know and be acustomed to manage these kind of weird relationships.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-31-2019 at 06:53 PM.

He may not know Hope well yet but this Cable has knowledge old Cable took a while to get. Like his relationship with Jean and Scott. I'm sure he knows Hope will be his daughter, with all the time travel, alt universe shenanigans and his weird family tree, Cable of all people should know and be acustomed to manage these kind of weird relationships.
    Of course he knows who she is but he’s a kid. He’s not gonna have the same affection and temperate with her that his older self did.

Amazing Member

Not a fan of Wifi at all & not overly impressed with Josh Brolin's Cable (but that could be more of a fault with the writing....) but having watched The Witcher, I think Henry Cavill could be an excellent Cable.

Not a huge fan of Hope, but I can't see how she could accept Wifi especially if she can't resurrect her father - which she's already done a coupe of times (I think), without the aid of Krakoa.

I wasn't a fan of Brolin as Cable when it was first announced, He is too short for the giant muscle mass that is Cable but he surprised me. I hope he can continue on the deadpool films.
    Specially because I don't think Disney would want to touch him without Deadpool.
    4e9ae72bbe4b87f01c2a09ceccd5a458.jpg
    deadpool-2-cable.jpg
    photo-2-15268347726531286479669.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-01-2020 at 10:12 AM.

Young or old, Happy New Year to our grizzled future soldier .

I wasn't a fan of Brolin as Cable when it was first announced, He is too short for the giant muscle mass that is Cable but he surprised me. I hope he can continue on the deadpool films.
    Specially because I don't think Disney would want to touch him without Deadpool.
    4e9ae72bbe4b87f01c2a09ceccd5a458.jpg
    deadpool-2-cable.jpg
    photo-2-15268347726531286479669.jpg
    Brolin as Cable was the best part of Deadpool 2 in my view. Yeah, he doesn’t have Cable’s hulking mass, but if he continued in the role over in the MCU they can make him look larger with a combination of camera angles, lifts, body armor and even CGI.