Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

Default What would you want to see happen on Krakoa?

There are so many new and exciting things happening on Krakoa but what would You like to see happen!

I wanna see an arc that involves Namor. We saw he didn't wanna previously join Krakoa because he was busy ruling Atlantis and has had his hands full with the agents of atlas and the avengers. He's gonna be in the upcoming phoenix resurrection storyline which could tie him back in with the mutant continuity. There's so much that Namor could do for a storyline, I mean a lot of his family are mutants not to mention he rules a kingdom. His son Kamar could be resurrected as well as his niece Namorita, which could tie in Namora. His nephew Llyron is also a powerful mutant hybrid as is his mother Llyra. It could be good to add some more heavy hitters to the roster. Tiger Shark could also be added to the equation, he has Namor's DNA which technically makes him an artificial mutant, like Sinister. We also know of Atlantean mutants, Crosta, Eel, Sharkskin, and Undertow. X-Men are out in space now growing their empire so why shouldn't they grow it on Earth too, Atlantis could be useful.

And now that there are a few spots open in the quiet council, Namor could occupy one of them. Speaking of the quiet council, It is comprised of older or experienced mutants. Some examples, but unlikely are, Santa Claus, Forever Man, Spitfire, Gabriel Sheperd (Proto-Mutant), any External, Madame Web (Precog so not viable), etc. I did not include deceased mutants such as Whizzer.

The expansion of Krakoa in space gives so much opportunity to alien mutants or mutant alien hybrids. I wanna see characters like Ariel, Ultra Girl, Gen X'er Gaia, and vulcan's kid with deathbird that we have yet to see actually on panel. Brood empire would also be a nice addition. Wiccan's mutant heritage could also come to fruition now that the Skrull/Kree empire is involved.

Maybe a way to turn humans into mutants You can cure a mutant of the x gene so why not do the opposite. Graydon Creed could be the first experiment, with all these reality warpers and Elixir who can control the biology of a human I'm sure the creation of an x gene in a non x existent human is possible so that the human citizens of Krakoa can become mutants. We've seen this done by Sinister, Tiger Shark, and Weapon H.

Finally, I just wanna see old, forgotten, or non X involved characters be used. Like for example, ids like to see Ricochet on the security team on S.W.O.R.D. or Head Hunter in the Hell-Fire Club.

Anyways drop your ideas and create a discussion, it's cool to see what other people would like to see.

This will end well.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

The integration of the Arakkii mutants, and the recolonization of Genosha.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    The integration of the Arakkii mutants, and the recolonization of Genosha.
    Those 2 things I would love to see happen.

All-New Member

well i defiantly agree with you about Namor, with his current story line it would be interesting to see him join krakoa and sit on the council.

i would love to see some more stories involving krakoas foreign policy, stories involving more geopolitics.
    i really loved hickmans x-men #4 when magneto, Xavier and Apocalypse interacted with the human diplomats.

Vulcan inevitably becoming a villain again, Jean and Scott diverging from the council and mystique vs xavier are also things I'm interested in.

There is also the space stuff, SWORD #1 was great and i think there will probably a Krakoa-Shi'ar alliance at some point.

Mutant Olympics, Krakoans deserve some much needed downtime.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    Maybe a way to turn humans into mutants You can cure a mutant of the x gene so why not do the opposite. Graydon Creed could be the first experiment, with all these reality warpers and Elixir who can control the biology of a human I'm sure the creation of an x gene in a non x existent human is possible so that the human citizens of Krakoa can become mutants. We've seen this done by Sinister, Tiger Shark, and Weapon H.
    A horrible possibility that I really wouldn't want to see (since I'm enjoying this Krakoa era and not eager to see it all burn down just yet) would be for those famous 'Krakoan drugs' being exported all over the world to cause some baseline genetic tweak to the people taking them, not only helping with their ailments, but also stealthily inserting an X-gene.

The vast majority of people taking them will be well over puberty, and not suddenly 'turn into mutants' (barring some 11th hour post-puberty mutation trigger like radioactive spider-bite or gamma rays or whatever), but *their kids might.*

'Make more mutants.' Indeed.

But that's something I don't want to see, since it would all end in tears, and I'm not ready for that.

I would like to see more international stuff. Not just the countries that aren't playing nice with Krakoa, like Russia, but some who *are.* I'd be fascinated by the notion that there might be countries on 616 Earth that are welcoming to, or supportive of, Krakoa (or mutants in general), since we generally only get to hear about the ones that mutants are persecuted in or in conflict with. I would not be surprised if there are even a few countries scattered about that lowkey take advantage of other countries persecuting their mutants by taking them in and kind of taking advantage of them. Sure, you've got to give food and shelter to some tentacle freaks with no useful abilities, but how much low-income housing is just one *amazing* mutant with a power like electricity generation, healing or weather control worth? I could see some sketchy countries taking advantage and seeming quite generous and welcoming to fearful persecuted mutants from other countries, only because they want to market their abilities to help their own country/economy/military.

Something else I'd like to see is more mutants choosing to be 'of Krakoa' but not actually *on* Krakoa. Krakoan citizens living in various other places, not just the Summer's loveshack on the moon or the Peak. Like Genosha. Or the Savage Land. Or the Blue Area. Or even back at Xavier's mansion. Or the old San Francisco 'sanctuary' they used for a hot minute. Or that Morlock enclave in Arizona. A nation without borders, for the new millenium.

Mighty Member

Namor is explicitly somebody I could never see working within the confines of Krakoa.

That's not his bag, like at all. And eveyr time people bring up him integrating i just think to myself "Do you people forget who namor is?"

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    A horrible possibility that I really wouldn't want to see (since I'm enjoying this Krakoa era and not eager to see it all burn down just yet) would be for those famous 'Krakoan drugs' being exported all over the world to cause some baseline genetic tweak to the people taking them, not only helping with their ailments, but also stealthily inserting an X-gene.

The vast majority of people taking them will be well over puberty, and not suddenly 'turn into mutants' (barring some 11th hour post-puberty mutation trigger like radioactive spider-bite or gamma rays or whatever), but *their kids might.*

But that's something I don't want to see, since it would all end in tears, and I'm not ready for that.

[/I]
    Ya, I didn't mean like a wide implementation of X-genes but like for the people who willingly choose it. Mutants having mutant children isn't always guaranteed and, kicking them off of Krakoa doesn't seem like a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Namor is explicitly somebody I could never see working within the confines of Krakoa.

That's not his bag, like at all. And eveyr time people bring up him integrating i just think to myself "Do you people forget who namor is?"
    This also makes a lot of sense, haha but Namor could very well be doing it for the diplomatic advantages over the humans.

The reveal that Krakoa was attracting all these mutants to feed on, and that Professor X has to assemble a team of bright new X-Men to rescue everybody.....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    Ya, I didn't mean like a wide implementation of X-genes but like for the people who willingly choose it. Mutants having mutant children isn't always guaranteed and, kicking them off of Krakoa doesn't seem like a good option.

This also makes a lot of sense, haha but Namor could very well be doing it for the diplomatic advantages over the humans.
    I liked the Order of X tease, would expect some mutants like Mesmero, Quicksilver to take advantage or a weird dark mutant sex ring story to explore the darker side of a fanatical order like that but maybe with the Epstein saga it will not sit well with the editors...

I would love a "real world" kind of book where since krakoa is an island and makes everything we see for the inhabitants we follow there lives through krakoa eyes or rather camera. Sort of like mojo but krakoa isn't putting these peoe in situations he is simply watching. Could be cool.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I liked the Order of X tease, would expect some mutants like Mesmero, Quicksilver to take advantage or a weird dark mutant sex ring story to explore the darker side of a fanatical order like that but maybe with the Epstein saga it will not sit well with the editors...
    Chocolate Mint Milkshake!
    My flag is bacon.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

I would like to see more international stuff. Not just the countries that aren't playing nice with Krakoa, like Russia, but some who *are.* I'd be fascinated by the notion that there might be countries on 616 Earth that are welcoming to, or supportive of, Krakoa (or mutants in general), since we generally only get to hear about the ones that mutants are persecuted in or in conflict with. I would not be surprised if there are even a few countries scattered about that lowkey take advantage of other countries persecuting their mutants by taking them in and kind of taking advantage of them. Sure, you've got to give food and shelter to some tentacle freaks with no useful abilities, but how much low-income housing is just one *amazing* mutant with a power like electricity generation, healing or weather control worth? I could see some sketchy countries taking advantage and seeming quite generous and welcoming to fearful persecuted mutants from other countries, only because they want to market their abilities to help their own country/economy/military.

Something else I'd like to see is more mutants choosing to be 'of Krakoa' but not actually *on* Krakoa. Krakoan citizens living in various other places, not just the Summer's loveshack on the moon or the Peak. Like Genosha. Or the Savage Land. Or the Blue Area. Or even back at Xavier's mansion. Or the old San Francisco 'sanctuary' they used for a hot minute. Or that Morlock enclave in Arizona. A nation without borders, for the new millenium.

It would be interesting to see which human countries are accepting/aligned with Krakoa but its kinda hard to work out which countries would be. So far we have seen some hostility from USA, Russia, Brazil and Latveria. The relationship with Wakanda was downgraded in X of Swords. I guess they could build good relations with India or China and maybe some African countries. Which human countries would be willing to align with Krakoa?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by deus ex View Post
    It would be interesting to see which human countries are accepting/aligned with Krakoa but its kinda hard to work out which countries would be. So far we have seen some hostility from USA, Russia, Brazil and Latveria. The relationship with Wakanda was downgraded in X of Swords. I guess they could build good relations with India or China and maybe some African countries. Which human countries would be willing to align with Krakoa?
    I could see one or more Scandinavian countries (particularly Denmark, which has a trend to one-up the rest when it comes to being progressive) going for it. Switzerland has a history of doing business with anyone, regardless of international opinion. Ditto various Caribbean nations, and some Central/South American ones, which could make for some interesting 'plucked from the headlines' elements where rich Americans or Brits are going to Costa Rica or Switzerland to get access to Krakoan medicines that aren't as available in their home countries.

On that vein, other nations already known for being go-to places for medical treatments denied in other countries might seem like logical choices. Thailand, IIRC, is one such, a destination for people from China, Hong Kong and Australia who want some services not available in their home countries. It would be logical for access to Krakoan medicines to just 'join the menu of services available.'

Maybe, for sketchier reasons, one of the faux Eastern European countries, or a place like Sin-Cong, just to pump up their cred on the international stage while simultaneously dumping off their unwanted mutant populations... Sort of put Krakoa in the uncomfortable position of having someone they don't particularly *want* to be associated with loudly claiming to be their ally (and having this be one of the MU's 'fake' countries like Sin-Cong or Transia or whatever saves them the trouble of pissing off too many real world people).

Having an African country that's *not* made-up Wakanda do something positive would certainly be a unique step.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-21-2020 at 08:17 AM.