Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same. New avatar pic.
    Very cool.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Trying to chronologically pigeonhole the entirety of X-Men history can be a real pain sometimes.
    I’m still confused how Gabriel was a fetus when Scott and Alex fell out of the plane.

But later on, Vulcan looks like only a few years younger than Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m still confused how Gabriel was a fetus when Scott and Alex fell out of the plane.

LOL! Way before that was even conceived, I remember there being "subtle hints" that Gambit might be the third Summers brother.

Also, during the early stages that never saw print, rumors that Remy & Rogue were siblings. Fortunately, Lobdell tossed away that idea.

Its really not that confusing if you read or recall the story that introduced him. He was artificially aged by the Shi'ar

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its really not that confusing if you read or recall the story that introduced him. He was artificially aged by the Shi'ar

So Gabriel should have the emotional maturity of a toddler.

Okay, that checks out.

Still makes Deathbird a cradle robber though.

BANNED

So Gabriel should have the emotional maturity of a toddler.

Okay, that checks out.

Still makes Deathbird a cradle robber though.
    O'k I've always shook my head at the whole "D'Ken raped Kate Summers" bull$#it as it never made sense to me -- but, if the above pic is currently cannon then how does Gabriel have memories of being one of Charles first students or having brothers for that matter?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-17-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    O'k I've always shook my head at the whole "D'Ken rapied Kate Summers" bull$#it as it never made sense to me -- but, if the above pic is currently cannon then how does Gabriel have memories of being one of Charles first students or having brothers for that matter?
    Why wouldnt he? He met Xavier and his brothers after the events of that scann

BANNED

Default I hope this all makes sense.

Why wouldnt he? He met Xavier and his brothers after the events of that scann
    I try not to make sense of poorly scripted retcons but here's my take on the matter... In Uncanny X-Men #156 (1982), Christopher Summers explains (having first hand knowledge) to Scott what happen to the family while they were flying in Alaska. That they’re abducted by the alien race, the Shi’ar. Katherine is kept as a concubine, while Christopher is thrown into the slave mines. When Christopher tries to rescue his wife and escape, D’Ken grabs Katherine and guts her with a blade, killing her in front of Corsair (Christopher Summers).

However, in X-Men: Deadly Genesis the entire narrative changes from Corsair's intimate first hand knowledge of what transpired to one that states that Katherine was pregnant at the time of their abduction, and the infant was cut out of her, thrown into an incubator and aged to adulthood to be used as a slave. That adult turns out to be Gabriel Summers, who manages to break free of Erik the Red, a Shi’ar agent who apparently brought him to Earth, and is found by Moira MacTaggert. Moira takes him to Charles Xavier, who makes him the leader of a branch of the X-Men, which composes of Gabriel (under the name of Vulcan), Petra, Sway and Darwin.

Now, think about this for a bit... In Uncanny X-Men #95 (1975), Thunderbird dies when he tries to stop Count Nefaria from escaping and the plane crashes into a mountainside, exploding. X-Men: Deadly Genesis Charles mindwipes everyone to hide his shameful secret -- but, why didn’t Charles mindwipe everyone who knew John Proudstar? Ironically, James Proudstar (John’s younger brother) adopts the Thunderbird mantle, joins the Hellions and eventually tries to kill Charles blaming him for causing his brother’s death -- but how would he know that?

Now, hold that thought because it gets better... You remember Adam Neramani the son of the former Shi'ar emperor D'ken and an unknown woman (apparently from Earth) who just happened to come across the plane crash of Philip Summers on Earth -- the long lost third Summers brother Mr. Sinister hinted to Scott about in X-Men #23 (2006) -- “But, I care enough to wish you and your brothers to be protected from this illness" -- Now, why would Mr. Sinister make make a cryptic comment like that? But, I digress... Perhaps, tomorrow we'll learn Katherine Summers had twins?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-17-2020 at 03:24 PM.

What does any of that have to do with Vulcan remembering his brothers and Xavier? You went on some long tangent hat doesnt seem to have anything to do with the original point

Extraordinary Member

It’s just that Katherine was a concubine for D’Ken while already pregnant.

BANNED

What does any of that have to do with Vulcan remembering his brothers and Xavier?
    I was making the cast that Katherine Summers was never pregnant from the start... James Proudstar should have never remembered the death of his brother John Proudstar disrupting continuity from that point forward. Gabriel and Adam both being born in Shi'ar space to the same father and both being related the the Summers family is highly unlikely because Sinister shouldn't even know Adam Neramani much less be capable of implying that he was a related to the Summers family.

You went on some long tangent hat doesnt seem to have anything to do with the original point
    Did I not start off by saying -- here's my take on the matter? If you disagree with my assessment just say so... But, don't insult me by saying that I went off on a tangent.

BANNED

It’s just that Katherine was a concubine for D’Ken while already pregnant.
    I can run with that (retcon notwithstanding) -- but it still brings me back to Mr. Sinister and Adam Neramani.

It was a tangent and I said that bc I found it confusing to follow as it didnt seem like a response that fit my statement. Thats my take on it. With that said, it doesnt really have anything to do with Cable and we've gone way past what this thread is about

One of my favorite Cable image. I want to see Silvestri draw him again

Definitely brings back memories...

Wolverine #41
    (July, 1991)

It was a tangent and I said that bc I found it confusing to follow as it didnt seem like a response that fit my statement. Thats my take on it. With that said, it doesnt really have anything to do with Cable and we've gone way past what this thread is about

Another good avatar pic!