Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Cable is fun and Im digging how Duggan handles him. I do think it would have been an interesting twist had he goen back to the future at the end of X-Force and Kid Stryfe instead hitched a ride to present day and was what we got on Krakoa, bc his relationship with the Summer/Greys is underutilized and with Maddie back, I think thats something that could be interesting to explore
    Oh so kid Stryfe posing as Cable. That would be a great twist. I wish that was what's going on.

That would be a great twist! I’d love that.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Oh so kid Stryfe posing as Cable. That would be a great twist. I wish that was what's going on.
    Nah, not him posing as Cable. I wanted Stryfe to actually get to live as Stryfe and everyone having to deal with it no matter how uncomfortable it made them. Thats not something thats really been done. He being a teenager would give Scott and Jean a chance to do better by him and help rehabilitate him before he turns into the unstable psychopath that he was. Apocalypse being on Krakoa would have complicated that. It would have been an interesting status quo which alas, they didnt take

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That could have been cool. And then bring back OG Cable in his prime (full grown man, silver haired; think Ian Churchill Cable) through the Resurrection Protocols and he’d have to deal with this younger, more powerful version of himself now cozying up to his parents and sister. Could be interesting.
    Yes I wonder how Nathan would have reacted to seeing his younger doppelganger as part of his family

That could have been cool. And then bring back OG Cable in his prime (full grown man, silver haired; think Ian Churchill Cable) through the Resurrection Protocols and he’d have to deal with this younger, more powerful version of himself now cozying up to his parents and sister. Could be interesting.
    Agreed. Ian Churchill's version of OG adult Cable is one of my all-time favorites...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Ian Churchill's version of OG adult Cable is one of my all-time favorites...

Yeah Ian Churchill is probably my favorite artist for Cable.

I believe he's getting ready to fight X-Man here.

That was a great Cable era. After reading the most recent issue of Wolverine, I would love to see Viktor Bogdanovic’s take on Nathan. The adult version, of course. I feel like his art is similar to Greg Capullo, who is another favorite Cable and X-Force artist.

That was a great Cable era. After reading the most recent issue of Wolverine, I would love to see Viktor Bogdanovic’s take on Nathan. The adult version, of course. I feel like his art is similar to Greg Capullo, who is another favorite Cable and X-Force artist.
    I could see that working very well.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Yeah Ian Churchill is probably my favorite artist for Cable.

I believe he's getting ready to fight X-Man here.
    Correct! The big Nate VS. Nate crossover event of 1996 is simply unforgettable...

OMG! Thanks for the reminder! Greg Capullo's version of OG adult Cable is also one of my favorites...

Fantastic Member

man we really need the og cable back...im at the point now that eventhough a ton of prep work was done with kid cable being integral to the x-men moving forward the only reason the og cable is not back is because of the feud between liefeld and hickman with hickman having final say on all things X and its more because of spite now ..duggan even wrote a great cable in his 10 plus issues of uncanny avengers

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    man we really need the og cable back...im at the point now that eventhough a ton of prep work was done with kid cable being integral to the x-men moving forward the only reason the og cable is not back is because of the feud between liefeld and hickman with hickman having final say on all things X and its more because of spite now ..duggan even wrote a great cable in his 10 plus issues of uncanny avengers
    Oh man, I didn't know there is tension between Liefeld and Hickman.

That could be a problem with OG Cable?

I doubt it has anything to do with that. Seems like they just want to explore this wholly unoriginal take on the character where they de-age him and thus have the ability to say, “What if Cable was an inexperienced young kid living through the Dawn of X age on Krakoa? Wouldn’t that be fun?” Like it hasn’t been done tons of times before with other characters, from Tony Stark to Lobo to the O5 X-men. Ultimately they’ll tire of it and we will get adult Nathan back.

Sounds more like speculation than actual fact. Liefield doesnt have any rights to the character and I highly doubt this is bc of som grudge. It would have been better to just kill and get rid of him if that were the case. Thats been done before so are you gonna say that multiple writers had it out for Liefield?

The only move that seemed like a direct attempt to sever Liefeld’s connections to the characters he created in some way was when they relaunched Cable as Soldier X and Deadpool as Agent X, who was later revealed (possibly retconned) to not be Deadpool at all.

Walter Simonson wrote a letter to CBG back in 1991 about the creation of Cable, where he mentioned Bob Harras wanted Louise to use some robot he had created in the SHIELD comic as the new leader of the New Mutants. Does anyone know which robot from Harras's Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD issue/ robot character he Walt is referring to here?

Ultimate Member

If they made the teen Cable into Stryfe then he would have fooled Jean when she allowed him to go and save Rachel when Ahab took her away, then again it would make Jean look worse for it imho and maybe explain why he took so long to find and rescue Rachel...just have the older version come back, destroy the younger version, then refuse to live on Krakoa as he wouldn't trust the council or Xavier and Magneto...