Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I did like how even the younger version of Cable was so ruthless, that he cut Mimic’s wings off and Warren’s and fused the former’s to him so that he could send him back in the same condition he arrived in, thus preserving the timeline.

Bring back the OG.
    I prefer kid Cable as he was meant to be the son of Cyclops. Old Cable can come back but not as Scott's son.

The whole X of Swords was a big mess and out of character for not just Cable but Doug too.

Just because kid Cable acted like a baby in one issue don't mean he will act like one in future issues under more competent writers.

If kid Cable wasn't tough , he wouldn't have killed old Cable who is a veteran fighter in the first place, would he?

Don’t really care honestly. Cable is dead. This Kid version can stick around, but as far as I’m concerned the character I was a fan of is gone. For people who like the Kid version, great. I’m just treating him like a totally different character. Like X-man.

Don’t really care honestly. Cable is dead. This Kid version can stick around, but as far as I’m concerned the character I was a fan of is gone. For people who like the Kid version, great. I’m just treating him like a totally different character. Like X-man.
    OG Cable is my favorite comic character.

I realize this is his teenage version, but I'm the same way. This just a totally different character right now as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    OG Cable is my favorite comic character.

I realize this is his teenage version, but I'm the same way. This just a totally different character right now as far as I'm concerned.
    Agreed. This is basically a "legacy" character. Different person with the same name.

All-New Member

Marvel is just trying something new with the character. seeing the negative response the young cable receiving,i guarantee by next spring or summer the original character will be back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MagyesV View Post
    Marvel is just trying something new with the character. seeing the negative response the young cable receiving,i guarantee by next spring or summer the original character will be back.
    I'm not sure, editors have been pushing him hard on this new era.

Quote Originally Posted by MagyesV View Post
    He'll be back but not bc of any negative respnse to the Kid version. Kid Cable was never intended to be a permanent fixture. He'll be gone when he's served his purpose in the current era.

Yeah, the editors seem to see something in this character that his actual fans don’t I guess. Honestly, I’d have rather seen them keep Nathan dead and use someone else in this Kid Cable role. Quentin Quire or Nate Grey/X-man. Or even Rachel honestly. She could’ve done everything Kid Cable has done so far. Find the sword, use it to activate the Peak, cry to mom and dad when hurt, etc.

“But Kid Cable is cute. I like him better than gruff old grimdark Cable.” : puke emoji:
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 12-06-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Yeah, the editors seem to see something in this character that his actual fans don’t I guess. Honestly, I’d have rather seen them keep Nathan dead and use someone else in this Kid Cable role. Quentin Quire or Nate Grey/X-man. Or even Rachel honestly. She could’ve done everything Kid Cable has done so far. Find the sword, use it to activate the Peak, cry to mom and dad when hurt, etc.

“But Kid Cable is cute. I like him better than gruff old grimdark Cable.” : puke emoji:
    Not really. His role in X-Force was specific to Cable and the character's relationship to him, which Rachel did not have. The plotline he has with the Cuckoos isnt something that can be done with Rachel.. Ditto on how he was used in Extermination. Cable isnt a character you can simply palette swap with Rachel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. His role in X-Force was specific to Cable and the character's relationship to him, which Rachel did not have. The plotline he has with the Cuckoos isnt something that can be done with Rachel.. Ditto on how he was used in Extermination. Cable isnt a character you can simply palette swap with Rachel
    None of this is good stuff. They could do more interesting hracter beats with Rachel
    Last edited by baxer; 12-06-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    None of this is good stuff. They could do more interesting hracter beats with Rachel
    Agreed. Maybe I just forgot about all the Kid Cable specific plot lines since Extermination because they were so lame. My bad.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 12-07-2020 at 11:36 AM.

So here’s an interesting thought... if Cable knew he was going to die at his own hand in Extermination, allowing Kid Cable to murder him, don’t you think he’d have taken steps to avoid that? His death, I mean.

After all, Duggan established that the OG knew all along, and left that nuke in his arm where his time travel tech normally resides. What if the older Cable that Kid Cable murdered was a clone and not the real deal? The OG could be out there somewhere, in stasis or in hiding for some reason known only to him. It makes sense. We know he has the ability to clone himself and upload his memories thanks to Spurrier’s X-Force run. Why would he just allow himself to die like that?

Food for thought for Cable fans...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

So here’s an interesting thought... if Cable knew he was going to die at his own hand in Extermination, allowing Kid Cable to murder him, don’t you think he’d have taken steps to avoid that? His death, I mean.

After all, Duggan established that the OG knew all along, and left that nuke in his arm where his time travel tech normally resides. What if the older Cable that Kid Cable murdered was a clone and not the real deal? The OG could be out there somewhere, in stasis or in hiding for some reason known only to him. It makes sense. We know he has the ability to clone himself and upload his memories thanks to Spurrier’s X-Force run. Why would he just allow himself to die like that?

Food for thought for Cable fans...
    All of this would be amazing. I think if he had the clone move to protect Bobby while he went into stasis, that would be a loophole to get around this current scenario (which like the O5 will end likely in the next few years or after Hickman). However it happens, as Nate is departing to his correct timeline, Jean and Rachel (GASP working together) work to suppress his memories and shift him through time. Then OG Cable is brought back online as his presence in the current timeline is no longer detected and his memories come flooding in.

Solved.

If thats the case, why didnt OG Cable handle the issue of the O5 himself?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If thats the case, why didnt OG Cable handle the issue of the O5 himself?
    Didn't they say that OG knew that it was his responsibility to send them home much sooner but he made a choice to allow them to stay in the timeline, hence part of the issue of Kid Cable being brought to fix things as the future was being erased. Like he allowed his feelings for Jean and Scott to cloud his judgement or something.