Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Baby Cable still suffers from the virus. On Brisson X-men the virus almost devoured him and his girlfriend when Stryfe blocked his powers.
    He has the robot arm but is using a suit that covers it
    That’s what I thought. Check out Fallen Angels #3 I think where he’s tied down. It looks like they’re both flesh. I’m going to check again. I may have been drunk.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

My mistake, I mean Brisson's X-force

Last edited by juan678; 01-30-2020 at 03:46 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

https://www.newsarama.com/49105-cabl...interview.html
    Cable is back in the spotlight this March with a new solo series from Gerry Duggan and Phil Noto - but not the grizzled time-warrior that has headlined his own books before. Instead, this is the latest incarnation of the character - his own high-energy teen self, who killed his older counterpart for being ineffective.

But this Cable is more than just the teen son of Cyclops - he's Krakoa's youth leader, guiding the young people of the mutant island in finding their own way in their new world and using his own soldiering skills in the process.

Newsarama spoke to Duggan about Cable ahead of the series launch, digging into the qualities that make Nate Grey who he is, his unique place in the "Dawn of X" era, and the unconventional relationships he's building on Krakoa.

Newsarama: Gerry, you’re bringing teen Cable to the forefront in your second "Dawn of X" series. What are the core aspects of Cable’s personality that come through whether it’s his classic older self, or current teen incarnation?

Gerry Duggan: Well, the Old Man obviously wins in experience, but the kid is more fun - kids are more likely to make mistakes. I like characters that make mistakes.

Nrama: Cable’s been present since "Dawn of X" kicked off as his dad Cyclops is the central character of the current X-Men volume. How does living in the present day with his parents and family set up a very different Cable than has headlined previous series?

Duggan: Cable's getting to live his best young life. What kind of monsters would X-fans be to deny him this freedom and happiness?

Credit: Marvel Comics
    Nrama: Cable’s a fully Krakoan teen – and the solicitation for Cable #1 mentions him leading a “youth rebellion.” How does the unique culture of Krakoa set the stage for Cable’s relationships, and for his adventures?

Duggan: Well, a lot has happened in a very short time. Cable's life was turned upside down, and then the lives of all the mutants have been radically altered. For the young ones on Krakoa - you make your bones by going on an adventure with Cable.

Nrama: For that matter, what’s Cable up against here? What’s at stake?

Duggan: Two very big stories pop off in the first two issues. The Galadorian Ronin arrive in the first issue and a more personal mystery that presents itself in the second issue that will be very disruptive. They're both easy, fun hooks for a Cable story.

Nrama: Who rounds out the supporting cast in this title? The solicit for #2 mentions he’s dating the Stepford Cuckoos – like, all of them…

Duggan: Cable's dating the Five In One, and though they're a hive mind, he'll have a different relationship with each.

Credit: Marvel Comics
    Nrama: You’re working with Phil Noto on Cable. He’s got such a recognizable style – what makes him the perfect artist for this title?

Duggan: Phil's the reason you need to have this book every month. He's the absolute best, and he's getting to do every gear: comedy, horror, romance. Wait until you see his White Queen in issue two. She belongs in a museum

Nrama: What’s your favorite thing he’s drawn for Cable so far?

Duggan: The last three pages of the first issue are pretty great. Of the stuff you've seen so far - the Galadorian Ronin. The scene with Emma & Scott in issue two makes me laugh and works silently.

Nrama: X-Men line editor Jordan D. White has mentioned an upcoming summer crossover. Is that something Cable will touch on or build toward as the series rolls on?

Duggan: You can't have an event without Cable. You could try, but he'd pop back in.

Nrama: What sets Cable apart from the growing line of "Dawn of X" titles? What makes this a must-read for fans of Nathan Summers?

Duggan: We have some tricks in our pouches. Enjoy the ride.

So Cable = the new Quentin Quire. Got it.

To be fair, I might actually prefer him in X-Force giving Logan a hard time to QQ.

Incredible Member

I think it would be cool to have a series set in the Askani Timeline. From what we've seen, in the Phoenix miniseries and the Adventures of Cyclops and Jean Grey it was an almost feudal society with some modern technology ruled by Apocalypse, but in Askani'son it's like a police state and then in the first arc of Cable, it's like an evil steampunk future. It'd be neat to see an author tie all of these different disparate elements together, especially since each of those series was just showing a different part of that world (like the first arc of Cable showed off Applecrust but Askani'son featured Ebonshire and Adventures featured New Canaan).

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/49105-cabl...interview.html
    Cable is back in the spotlight this March with a new solo series from Gerry Duggan and Phil Noto - but not the grizzled time-warrior that has headlined his own books before. Instead, this is the latest incarnation of the character - his own high-energy teen self, who killed his older counterpart for being ineffective.

But this Cable is more than just the teen son of Cyclops - he's Krakoa's youth leader, guiding the young people of the mutant island in finding their own way in their new world and using his own soldiering skills in the process.

Newsarama spoke to Duggan about Cable ahead of the series launch, digging into the qualities that make Nate Grey who he is, his unique place in the "Dawn of X" era, and the unconventional relationships he's building on Krakoa.
    I like how Newsrama started off this piece by calling him "Nate Grey". Way to go guys.....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I like how Newsrama started off this piece by calling him "Nate Grey". Way to go guys.....
    Technically, Big Nate and Cable are the same person. So, they technically aren't wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Technically, Big Nate and Cable are the same person. So, they technically aren't wrong.
    Yes they are. Nate Grey and Nathan Summers are not the same character

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes they are. Nate Grey and Nathan Summers are not the same character
    Joke: a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Joke: a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter.
    Bad jokes. Ones that fail to cause either

Last edited by Jackraow21; 02-22-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

Why were all the X-Men cool with young Cable killing off his older self? Jean got upset at the time, but now she's just completely accepting of it and young Cable. Also, I prefer the older Cable: there's a possibility that the one who was killed was just a possible future version. Otherwise he would have known that his younger self was coming to kill him and prepared for it.

Well, the sooner Kid Cable goes back to the future to live out his destiny, the sooner The Five can bring back the OG version. Can’t wait for that. It’ll happen eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post
    Why were all the X-Men cool with young Cable killing off his older self? Jean got upset at the time, but now she's just completely accepting of it and young Cable. Also, I prefer the older Cable: there's a possibility that the one who was killed was just a possible future version. Otherwise he would have known that his younger self was coming to kill him and prepared for it.
    I dont think thats fair to say. Most of the X-men didnt get to react to Kid Cable killing his older self. He really only got to interact with X-Force, the O5 and Jean in Extermination and X-Force was VERY hard on him, something which carried into their ongoing. Age of X-man happened and here we are months later, when any reaction towards him and what he did, would have already been dealt with.

As far as Jean goes, she was loving and affectionate towards him in that final issue of Extermination. She expressed anger at Cable's killer in the first issue but not towards Kid Cable even after she learned the truth. My guess is bc he's only a few years older than when she was forced to leave him and as a mother, there were emotional strings that were pulled.

And no Cable wouldnt have necesarily known that his younger self was going to kill him. The time stream was messed up due to the O5 staying in the present, something that wasnt supposed to happen. Its why Kid Cable came back much earlier than he was supposed to. Adult Cable wouldnt have known that bc it wasnt supposed to happen. Kid Cable has memories that Adult Cable should not have so if and when he is sent back, he is going to have to get a mindwipe of some sort, so his adult self will definitely not know of anything that has happened
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-22-2020 at 06:51 PM.