View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav NXM?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wind Dancer

61 25.42%
  • Surge

83 34.58%
  • Hellion

119 49.58%
  • Prodigy

58 24.17%
  • Anole

80 33.33%
  • Rockslide

68 28.33%
  • Pixie

106 44.17%
  • Dust

93 38.75%
  • Mercury

83 34.58%
  • Elixir

71 29.58%
  • Gentle

42 17.50%
  • Armor

63 26.25%
  • Loa

51 21.25%
  • Trance

39 16.25%
  • Bling!

37 15.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1262

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Yeah, how about see the character growth rather than assuming it happened and that the writers just don't care to acknowledge the previous characterization.

And the comic industry wonders why it's nothing compared to the manga industry.
    All I was saying is that "minority feels better about themselves surrounded by people who have faced similar struggles" is not such a wild concept that the first answer to why would that happen is brainwashing
    Last edited by nandes; 11-15-2020 at 04:21 AM.

AIPT: This next question people actually ask a lot. X-Fan Grey asked where is Evan Sabah Nur?

Jordan: He’s dead. Yeah, he is. He died in the Age of X-Man, unfortunately, and he really did die. And he hasn’t been back since then. So it’s very sad. Apocalypse killed his own son. Can’t trust that guy.
    Nice of Jordan to always remind us where the X-office stands when it comes to the 2000s kids.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Poor Evan, he's the only one of his class I could stand

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    All I was saying is that "minority feels better about themselves surrounded by people who have faced similar struggles" is not such a wild concept that the first answer to why would that happen is brainwashing
    Why would that matter to the NXM? They've been betrayed by their own, neglected and abandoned by their teachers/adults, given bad life lessons by said teachers/adults, been forced to choose sides/paths they had no control over and then watched their caretakers be part of two pointless hero wars. Hellion was forced to kill one of his own, which she wanted, and his people shunned him.

They've been surrounded by other people like them for years, and it turns out they're all still human and suck.

If characterization and developments were actually paid attention to, beyond certain core characters, we'd actually be getting complex character work regardless this "paradise".

Extraordinary Member

I just find it strange that they’ll give a concept like Strange Academy a book, but won’t have a teen X-book on the shelves during the many books of the Krakoa era.

Utterly baffles me.....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I just find it strange that they’ll give a concept like Strange Academy a book, but won’t have a teen X-book on the shelves during the many books of the Krakoa era.

Utterly baffles me.....
    Thats because you not suppost have a deep connection to cannon fother. If you liked them to much they can't be mamed for plot contrivance

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Thats because you not suppost have a deep connection to cannon fother. If you liked them to much they can't be mamed for plot contrivance
    But we’re living in the time that 9 times out of 10, if an X-Men member is killed, they can be resurrected by the Five.

Canon fodder no longer has the weight it once had. So why not have a New X-Men book?

Astonishing Member

But we’re living in the time that 9 times out of 10, if an X-Men member is killed, they can be resurrected by the Five.

Canon fodder no longer has the weight it once had. So why not have a New X-Men book?
    Because the 10time is when their resserection is screwed up or can't happen and that reserved for the new xmen. Also why use characters that give you a wide range of creative freedom when you can use a classic xmen repeating the same clarmont plot points over and over agin

Not even a series. Why cant this generation have a 4 issue limited series in the DoX era. I mean come on. THEY DESERVE IT. After everything they've been through.

Extraordinary Member

Since it can’t be that Marvel would sit on money. I’m assuming it’s because no one has sent in an New X-Men Krakoa pitch that jibes with Hickman’s narrative.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 11-17-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think that's the answer right there. The only writers who have ideas for the New X-Men generation want to maim or kill bunches of them for cheap wangst, and the resurrection protocols confound them.

With the news of Franklin Richards, that leaves a "mutant warper" vacancy to fill, and I would absolutely looooooove for Leah Williams to take on a very special issue involving David/Prodigy bringing Tommy/Speed & Billy/Wiccan to Krakoa for a day -- to see what life could be like.

Post Krakao Era Quire (elitist and angsty) feels like the most likely to start a ruckus, pointing aggressively ("Children of the Pretender!!") and demanding they be forced out of Krakoa, but I see David readily arguing "They PASSED THROUGH the gate, unimpeded" legitimizing their mutant claim, and then because I love her so much and she's recently "back" (and could use a nice moment) and had previously experienced "mutant rejection" I would love to see Sofia (w/ Hellion adoringly at her side) also speak up on behalf of the boys, arguing that "none of us are our parents and we should not be judged as such. You of all people should understand that Quentin." (mirroring that big speech Julian gave back when, atop the lunch room table, about the ostracizing of Wither when the cops came for him)

Sofia would cordially introduce she and Julian "Welcome. Our mutant names are Zephyr and Hellion" and Julian would offer "Let us know if anyone gives you any more s#!t"

omg i love it.

Josh is forced to watch Sofia's death in the preview for X-Factor #5
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 11-26-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Hopefully Sofia will be resurrected in X-Factor #5 and we'll see her reunite with David and Josh