View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav NXM?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wind Dancer

61 25.42%
  • Surge

83 34.58%
  • Hellion

119 49.58%
  • Prodigy

58 24.17%
  • Anole

80 33.33%
  • Rockslide

68 28.33%
  • Pixie

106 44.17%
  • Dust

93 38.75%
  • Mercury

83 34.58%
  • Elixir

71 29.58%
  • Gentle

42 17.50%
  • Armor

63 26.25%
  • Loa

51 21.25%
  • Trance

39 16.25%
  • Bling!

37 15.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    If some of y’all are really this upset over NXM characters getting used, you should be wondering if you’re a fan at all or just a Helix lover.
    There's a difference between being upset they're being used...and being upset they're being used poorly.
    The second one is the majority of us.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    There's a difference between being upset they're being used...and being upset they're being used poorly.
    This. EXACTLY this.

I don’t think everything that they’ve been through actually is taken away by the Krakoan era. Everything is still there. And there is story to tell still about how much they went through and now having all their friends back.

I don’t think they lose what makes them different. They are still the generation that was the most heavily affected by human hate. And there is so much to explore. And the X-Men did fail them. And they should always remember that.

I love the New X-Men because I love their characters, not because they’re disillusioned. That’s like only loving Generation X cause they’re the black sheep of marvel x-gens. Like it makes sense to like it but to make that the “crux” of why you think an entire generation of mutants exists??? Doesn’t make much sense to me personally. I love KYost’s stories over the Academy X content we got but that’s not gonna stop me from being overjoyed that Tag, Wind Dancer, Icarus, Prodigy, Aero, Elixir, Pixie, Anole, Rockslide, Loa, Bling!, Wolverine being used in a lot of DOX titles.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Have you seen the X-Men 12 where y’all were wrong in thinking they’d just be canon fodder, meanwhile Hickman uses it as a scene to make Rockslides power consistent while bringing back Loa. How is any of that “poor use”? This is literally eons better than the content we got ever since Utopia ended yet it’s like NXM fans are programmed to only look at the negative.
    Last edited by Tycon; 09-10-2020 at 09:35 PM.

I like how David is being used, he had a very emotional reaction and it acknowledged (one of) his actual Academy X relationships.
    I've more or less enjoyed his time with the YA but they tend to gloss over his actual bonds and history, and just use him as a prop

Anole, Rockslide, Pixie and Armor are still being used the same way they have been for years. I feel like we hashed it all out back during Uncanny Disassembled/Age of X-Man. They've graduated and been demoted to trainees so many times, its not even funny anymore. But as long as Victor isn't bombing a building and Rockslide isn't choking on Glob, this is still an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Marvel wiping out all that trauma.

Whether or not you liked how dark the KYost book got, it still served to set them apart from the previous generations. That disillusionment was central to their identity, and now with every resurrection and repowering it's being lost.
    Yeah, well, in Wind Dancer's case, it got her written out of the books. So, forgive me if I'm not upset.

Have you seen the X-Men 12 where y’all were wrong in thinking they’d just be canon fodder, meanwhile Hickman uses it as a scene to make Rockslides power consistent while bringing back Loa. How is any of that “poor use”? This is literally eons better than the content we got ever since Utopia ended yet it’s like NXM fans are programmed to only look at the negative.
    Except we're not entirely wrong yet. The scene never finished last issue, they jumped ahead. This is just returning to it.
    And really...established patterns show "New X-men fans get disrespected" is a perfectly likely outcome. "Programmed to only look at the negative"
    Well how about they give us some real positive instead of scraps and cameos.

Should their core identity be disillusionment? Especially cemented in a time period that we’re moving on from?

Characters can adapt to the times yall. Will anyone tell that story? Idk, but they still have a PoV regardless.

People were saying they died off panel from the Cotati. Yes that was a wrong assessment. It was wrong.

Man that art is so good. Who is the artist and what is this book?

Gomez on X-Factor

It does feel their reaction is “we gotta resurrect Quire again?!?”

The art is definitly an improvment ; glad to see Elixir

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant_Lover View Post
    It does feel their reaction is “we gotta resurrect Quire again?!?”
    Trueeee xD