View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav NXM?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wind Dancer

61 25.42%
  • Surge

83 34.58%
  • Hellion

119 49.58%
  • Prodigy

58 24.17%
  • Anole

80 33.33%
  • Rockslide

68 28.33%
  • Pixie

106 44.17%
  • Dust

93 38.75%
  • Mercury

83 34.58%
  • Elixir

71 29.58%
  • Gentle

42 17.50%
  • Armor

63 26.25%
  • Loa

51 21.25%
  • Trance

39 16.25%
  • Bling!

37 15.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

patreon.com/dimaivanov

great artist.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I know I am going to regret this but how did she go out?
    She died off screen to set up velocity aging himself to death and blindfolds suicide(possible retconed in to murdered by moria)

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

That's a wrap. Thanks for the kind words everyone.
    I would have liked to include way more, but my composition/space planning was deeply flawed.
    I really wanted to include Hindsight and Morph especially. Oh well. Live and learn.
    This has enriched my day. Good stuff.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    patreon.com/dimaivanov

great artist.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    She died off-screen to set up velocity aging himself to death and blindfolds suicide(possible retconed in to murdered by moria)
    ...****.

Anyone else thinks Marvel went really hard on killing the teen heroes of not just the X-men but also other groups? I mean Decimation and Bastion hit the mutants kids and Arcade went to town on the Avengers Academy kids, seriously who ok'd that crap? Now it looks like Outlaw and Empyre are coming for the rest. Sorry, I know this isn't the proper place for this but I had to vent.

they just create so many at a time in bursts and then realize down the road they don't actually know what to do w/ them
    if anything I think Outlawed was supposed to have the opposite effect but who knows if it'll see the light now lol

Ehhhhh. I give Fokken's art a 4 out of ten.

Quire being in it makes it a 1 out of 10.
    The Apocalypse T-shirt upped it to 4 out of 10.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

...****.

Anyone else thinks Marvel went really hard on killing the teen heroes of not just the X-men but also other groups? I mean Decimation and Bastion hit the mutants kids and Arcade went to town on the Avengers Academy kids, seriously who ok'd that crap? Now it looks like Outlaw and Empyre are coming for the rest. Sorry, I know this isn't the proper place for this but I had to vent.
    What groups of kids did Bastion take out? I dont read teen books outside of X-men but I approved their killings. Too many characters created in the last 20 years and quite frankly most of them sucked

Ultimate Member

...****.

Not just Marvel, as any fan of the Teen Titans, over at DC, can tell you.

It sometimes seems like certain powers-that-be at the comic companies loathe anything that smacks of family. Familial-structure teams, like the Fantastic Four, get sidelined for years at a time. Married couples get split up, by deals with the devil, or just the brutal murder of one of them. And younger characters, ranging from children to teens, get blown up, cut in half, their heads punched off, etc. in shocking numbers (and unlike the older characters, it's not an 'Event' that ends up with them coming back a year later with a new haircut and costume, they mostly just stay dead).

I'm sure there's some sort of psychological commentary about how men of a certain age resent the entertainment industries focus on young and smooth-skinned teens and twenty-somethings, or after their second divorce can't relate to healthily married characters anymore, but whatever. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What groups of kids did Bastion take out? I dont read teen books outside of X-men but I approved their killings. Too many characters created in the last 20 years and quite frankly most of them sucked
    He may have meant NIMROD.

BANNED

...****.

Avengers Arena was a FANTASTIC book. I'd love to see a similar run using just the New X-Men and after kids. They'd get some great fleshing out and clearing some of them out. It's the most bloated generation of mutants ever.

BANNED

...****.

The problem with the New X-Men, is twofold:

First, they're popular characters. Fans are always asking about them and wanting to see them get some love. I'm sure you'll have a dogfight with New Mutants and GenX fans, but the A-X and KYost era kids are among the most demanded youth characters. HOWEVER Marvel is is chained to continuity and nostalgia, and will never let the franchise evolve past the O5+. And because they were introduced after the sacred Claremont/Byrne/Lee years, they're probably the most expendable generation. Expendability + Popularity means they're the perfect target to kill off if they need shock value without having to take any of the "core" team off the board (case in point, the angry reactions to Blindfold and Loa).

Second, the A-X/KYost kids MAKE THE O5 LOOK BAD. The kids suffered HORRIBLY and it's in large part because the O5+ completely failed them. And Marvel absolutely CANNOT allow the O5 to look bad. Thus why Marvel has been doing everything in their power to whitewash the trauma the A-X class experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Ehhhhh. I give Fokken's art a 4 out of ten.

Quire being in it makes it a 1 out of 10.
    The Apocalypse T-shirt upped it to 4 out of 10.
    Look I hate Quire as much as any warm-blooded mammal, but Fokken's piece is great, some of the best fanart we've seen of these kids together. Even if his interest in Graymalkin and Quire is truly odd.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Avengers Arena was a FANTASTIC book. I'd love to see a similar run using just the New X-Men and after kids. They'd get some great fleshing out and clearing some of them out. It's the most bloated generation of mutants ever.
    Wouldn't work in the Krakoa era, they can just come back

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    He may have meant NIMROD.
    He didn't really kill anyone, he blasted Rockslide but he didn't die, nearly killed X-23 but she got saved and a Nimrod mutilated Hellion but Nimrod never really killed any of the New X-men to my knowledge. And i can only assume someone must have died when Bastion was running the show again after he came back, though that is just an assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Look I hate Quire as much as any warm-blooded mammal, but Fokken's piece is great, some of the best fanart we've seen of these kids together. Even if his interest in Graymalkin and Quire is truly odd.

Wouldn't work in the Krakoa era, they can just come back
    Kitty didn't, they just proved that she can't come back (for now at least), and if she can't well...