View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav NXM?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wind Dancer

61 25.42%
  • Surge

83 34.58%
  • Hellion

119 49.58%
  • Prodigy

58 24.17%
  • Anole

80 33.33%
  • Rockslide

68 28.33%
  • Pixie

106 44.17%
  • Dust

93 38.75%
  • Mercury

83 34.58%
  • Elixir

71 29.58%
  • Gentle

42 17.50%
  • Armor

63 26.25%
  • Loa

51 21.25%
  • Trance

39 16.25%
  • Bling!

37 15.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 29 of 85 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Preview art of Prodigy in X-Factor! What are y’all expecting out of David in this series? For me, hopefully we see some NXM interactions and he rekindles at least a friendship with Surge.
    I'm hoping that David gets to take an active role in the plot that utilizes all of the knowledge he's already accumulated, but also allows him to show his combat prowess

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Y’all check it out!! My boy Luis did this amazing Hellion x Wind Dancer homage to The Dark Phoenix Saga for me!!! Tis beautiful!
    https://twitter.com/cpfokken/status/...841158657?s=21
    That's awesome. And Sofia really looks good in gold and black

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm hoping that David gets to take an active role in the plot that utilizes all of the knowledge he's already accumulated, but also allows him to show his combat prowess
    Agreed. I have very high hopes for legit execution of David's bad assery -- both intellectual and physical.

Agreed. I have very high hopes for legit execution of David's bad assery -- both intellectual and physical.
    Trying not to get my hopes up too high. There's a better chance Eye Boy will get to show off with guns instead because writers prefer the lame blonde white boy archetype. Its the Ron Stoppable thing

All-New Member

Let's hope not

There is SO MUCH I miss from that era. I'm so so glad I acquired the Academy X collected edition. I've been paging through that the past few days.
    Sofia & Laurie's dynamic was so lovely, and OF COURSE I adooored the provocative flirtation between she and Julian. I miss Julian from that era in general. I really felt he was being groomed for greatness. His earliest arcs only make all that happened to him and his current standing that much more tragic.
    Even in KYOST's run he was a great empathetic friend to everyone. His only really "jerk" moment that most people latch onto and (by most people I mean a select group of X-23 fans) was during the whole depowerment chaos when Sofia left and Laura arrived.

His scenes with Cess after her capture were great, his banter with Surge was top notch (I really think the whole Surge/Hellion/X-23 triangle that was but never was Yost's idea), the scene with Dust on the Sentinel's head was such a good scene.

He really didn't become angry and bitter...till ya know after he had been impaled by adamantium claws (twice!), injected with legacy virus and hands blown off. Which honestly...can't blame him for that.

No one ever mentions that he was driven to suicide during the whole Terrigen Mist arc and nearly went Final Atonement Vegeta on the Inhumans.

To this day I still curse Yost for vaguely tweeting on what he had planned post SC for Julian's hands and "doing something better"
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Preview art of Prodigy in X-Factor! What are y’all expecting out of David in this series? For me, hopefully we see some NXM interactions and he rekindles at least a friendship with Surge.
    If Prodigy has been hanging around the right people then he can pick up expertise that'll be incredibly useful for their investigations. David needs to mimic the skills and knowledge of Bishop, Evangeline Whedon, Cecilia Reyes, Pete Wisdom etc.

Definitely want/need to see Prodigy interacting with Elixir, Wallflower, Surge, Wind Dancer & Icarus.

Y’all check it out!! My boy Luis did this amazing Hellion x Wind Dancer homage to The Dark Phoenix Saga for me!!! Tis beautiful!
    https://twitter.com/cpfokken/status/...841158657?s=21
    I love it!

Mighty Member

DJ!!!!!!!! He needs to be on Krakoa, yesterday.

Oh wow I guess he already drew all the New X-Men-
    Yeah I love DJ.. I really want him to be Dazzler protege.. I like for mutants with similar powers to bond. it only makes sense.

Mighty Member

Yeah David is dope.. I want him to be the mutant swiss army knife I know he can be. I would love for him to have a relationships with Sage and Forge. I can see David fighting like Dani did when she lost her power as a one person army. I also would love to see David helping mutants with their abilities.. Like he should totally befriend and help Triage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Even in KYOST's run he was a great empathetic friend to everyone. His only really "jerk" moment that most people latch onto and (by most people I mean a select group of X-23 fans) was during the whole depowerment chaos when Sofia left and Laura arrived.

I love Jules just as much as the neXt fan, and he was certainly empathetic to HIS team, buuuuuut he had plenty of "jerk" moments (Pre X-23) --which, like any bully behavior, I believe stems from insecurity and overcompensating for a lack of emotional support from a coveted source (dem parents yo). Hence his ambition for greatness and excessive boasting and self aggrandizing. Like anyone, he just wants to be loved.
    But even so, he had weak moments of lashing out at his peers. His relentless ridicule of David (His "superior" Telekinesis vs. David's "mutant brain") and subsequent rejection once David lost his powers (eye opening when confronted by Sofia's depowerment), his callous dismissal of homeless Nori at the Academy gates (but she's no Angel either), his insulting Laurie -- calling her a freak among freaks when he learned she was Sofia's roommate, etc. (She too had some bad moments though)
    Its his evolution OUT OF that rude behavior that endears him most to me, and getting to see those sparks of passion and protectiveness for those he cares about. Unfortunately his character development eventually swerved HEAVILY into extreme trauma and tragedy and (understandably) rage instead. SO. FRIGGIN. SAD.

Poor Jules. He deserves the gentle resurrection reset.
    Last edited by Fokken; 03-31-2020 at 05:24 AM.

With several of our beloved X-youths newly "housed", where would folks like to see the remaining unclaimed mutants?

Goldballs, Hope, Tempus & Elixir are among the elite FIVE. (who'da thunk??)
    Pixie and Armor are active over in Cable & New Mutants, respetively.
    Prodigy and Eyeboy have X-Factor incoming.
    Rockslide was assisting over in Hellions.
    We were treated to a plethora of wall-paperings over in X-Force's tiki bar/lounge/lagoon.

I love Jules just as much as the neXt fan, and he was certainly empathetic to HIS team, buuuuuut he had plenty of "jerk" moments (Pre X-23) --which, like any bully behavior, I believe stems from insecurity and overcompensating for a lack of emotional support from a coveted source (dem parents yo). Hence his ambition for greatness and excessive boasting and self aggrandizing. Like anyone, he just wants to be loved.
    But even so, he had weak moments of lashing out at his peers. His relentless ridicule of David (His "superior" Telekinesis vs. David's "mutant brain") and subsequent rejection once David lost his powers (eye opening when confronted by Sofia's depowerment), his callous dismissal of homeless Nori at the Academy gates (but she's no Angel either), his insulting Laurie -- calling her a freak among freaks when he learned she was Sofia's roommate, etc. (She too had some bad moments though)
    Its his evolution OUT OF that rude behavior that endears him most to me, and getting to see those sparks of passion and protectiveness for those he cares about. Unfortunately his character development eventually swerved HEAVILY into extreme trauma and tragedy and (understandably) rage instead. SO. FRIGGIN. SAD.

Poor Jules. He deserves the gentle resurrection reset.
    I was more referring to by the time KYOST took over Julian had moved on from the bully phase. Of course I know he had his jerk ass moments in NMV2 and ACMX. Again it was by the time we had gotten past M Day and with all the **** had been going on...he grew up and started taking care of people...even Nori. Like when he got in between Nori and Josh's domestic fight after he had shanghaied into it when Nori kissed him.

With several of our beloved X-youths newly "housed", where would folks like to see the remaining unclaimed mutants?

We were treated to a plethora of wall-paperings over in X-Force's tiki bar/lounge/lagoon.
    Still think Hellion would be a great addition to Marauders. Oddly enough I'm not sure how I would feel about him being in Hellions in now. Though I have been running a funny little Hellion and Apocalypse story that would be kinda of a Excaliburesque story. Though I do think right now a X-Factor story regarding his hands is arguably the best place for an appearance...im not sure what team book would be best for him outside Marauders. That being said...a soft reboot of Julian might be necessary IE some new powers & a new name what with how many Psionics we have around and the fact there is a Hellions team running around that he has nothing to do with.

Surge & Dust would be great in NM espeically in the "Recruit to Krakoa" department.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I'd say get them their own book. Without globs of wax or any of those other non-New X-Men in the way.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/03/31/em...logy-and-more/
    Q: @bc_leecomics gets personal with the first fan question, “Who do you think is closer to Teddy, besides Billy of course, from the Young Avengers members? Follow up, will we see some of them in the comic?”

A: One of the joys of this comic was that I wanted to explore the parts of Teddy’s life we haven’t seen, and that includes his social life – what’s his life like when Billy is not around?

His relationship with PRODIGY/David Alleyne has always been important to me – here we see that that gentle unrequitedness from YA Volume 2 has actually become a very affectionate friendship, and M-Day means he knows what it’s like to see your peers pass you by.

And I think his relationship with SPEED/Tommy Shepherd has a very protective, big brotherly quality – Billy’s tempestuous relationship with his own identity has always made him a little prickly to his twin Tommy, and I think Teddy (as a natural caregiver) has always quietly worried about him. He and Tommy both know what it’s like to be overshadowed by Billy, and they cope with it in very different but parallel ways.

Of course, David and Tommy have their own bonkers dynamic going, and we see here that it’s only gotten…weirder lol. We see both these boys in this comic as they try to cheer up a moping, lonely Teddy with a night on the town (that goes, as you might expect, a little sideways on them..)!
    THINKFAST RIGHTS!!!! this is the decade of Prodigy!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I'd say get them their own book. Without globs of wax or any of those other non-New X-Men in the way.
    Yes please. With Broo getting a big push over in X-Men, I want to see the rest of 'Bromo Superior' (Hellion and Rockslide) re-united with their friend, the new Brood King. (And yeah, more Dust, Cecily, Surge, Prodigy, Elixir (outside of his 'Five' duties), Laura, etc.)

While they are perhaps my two least favorite from that era, there's good Krakoa / resurrection protocols story potential to be mined from Wither and Icarus, for that matter, with one not wanting his current powers, and the other not wanting to be a mutant (or possibly even alive...) *at all.* Whether someone like Rockslide or Mercury would also like a chance to reboot their powers and gain the ability to resume a flesh and blood form, or Julian could get his hands back, or Tag resume his life, or Sofia regain her powers, all potential storylines that Krakoa makes possible.

SecretLovePreview (1).jpg

Prodigy should be with Speed.