Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Excalibur #16 preview

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Am I supposed to feel bad that the manipulative supervillain is gone? Don’t get me wrong I liked the focus Apocalypse got in this book and X of Swords, but he pretty much used all of the characters in this book to reach his end goals without any care of how it affected them.

Also Rogue might as well be saying “I wasted 15 issues doing magical stuff that had nothing to do with me.”

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Also Rogue might as well be saying “I wasted 15 issues doing magical stuff that had nothing to do with me.”
    LOL, second that!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

It's wierd. I never expected Tini to actually believe either of us, her or the readers, where actually invested in these two relationships. That the general conscensus around the comic is that either if you liked it or not you aknowlegded that it wasn't a book that prioritised interteam relationships. So this certainly feels like it coming from the left side.

Rictor and Apoc she spent some time to build up but it was a onsided realtionship where Apocalypse clearly was manipulatiing in subtle and less subtle ways. Mostly less subtle. So is this the start of the teams effort to deprogram Rictor?

Excalibur is wierd. The disconnect is so blatant yet there seems to be an almost stoic pride in thinking it's not there. You can't go 15 issues while neglecting any meaningful team interplay and then suddenly claim that the team is the engine behind the story. You have to build it, nurture it. Not simply do a magic trick.

It's always stressful to see translation errors, especially when the character is supposed to speak fluent French.
    "Cher" is for a boy
    "Chère" is for a girl

Also no one says "Cher" alone. It's either "Mon cher" (my dear) // Très cher (dearest) // Cher Rémy (Dear Rémy)

Or it's cajun dialect. I'm curious about the situations with the others languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Am I supposed to feel bad that the manipulative supervillain is gone? Don’t get me wrong I liked the focus Apocalypse got in this book and X of Swords, but he pretty much used all of the characters in this book to reach his end goals without any care of how it affected them.

I concur. I don't understand why these characters aren't more unhappy about being manipulated and why they aren't questioning that when clearly the QC didn't approve of [A] doing all this. I can't suspend my disbelief that they are all so dumb.

I will say, this opening seems ... better.

I'm ready to give this book one last chance to do something useful with Gambit, Rogue, and Jubilee and write them properly or I am out.

Rictor ... c'mon dude ... your one true love is imprisoned in Mojoworld and you're pining after this manipulative jerk?

To you, the day Betsy died was the worst day of your life. To Betsy, it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    It's always stressful to see translation errors, especially when the character is supposed to speak fluent French.
    "Cher" is for a boy
    "Chère" is for a girl

Also no one says "Cher" alone. It's either "Mon cher" (my dear) // Très cher (dearest) // Cher Rémy (Dear Rémy)

Or it's cajun dialect. I'm curious about the situations with the others languages.
    YES. This bothers me. I've seen the majority of fanfic writers do their accents better and get the French right. Like ... there are reliable translation tools and websites to reference.

I haven't really been a Gambit fan since probably the animated series, but this is pretty ridiculous. I honestly think Tini is trolling now with how Gambit's sole purpose in this series is to brush Rogue's hair and do her chores.

I wonder if Cajuns call aubergine “egg plant”, because they are American, or aubergine because of the French influence.

we really gotta stop buying this title. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I haven't really been a Gambit fan since probably the animated series, but this is pretty ridiculous. I honestly think Tini is trolling now with how Gambit's sole purpose in this series is to brush Rogue's hair and do her chores.
    I told that Tini is trolling Gambit fans on purpose sine issue 6 or 7 whe he was throwing charged cards twice in issue and they were doing nothing, no damage or even explosion. It feels like she really hates him.
    Why from sudden he started to say cher and not chere?
    Boyo for next issue?

You guys acting like Apoc didn't make Rictor one of the most powerful mutants on the island

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    "Cher" is for a boy
    "Chère" is for a girl

"Cher" (will sound like "sha") as a stand-alone, non-gendered address is pretty common among Cajuns, though I've only ever heard it used as affection, not romance, in that context. ex: "Hey, cher! Been a long time! Ca va?"
    Last edited by Anduinel; 12-17-2020 at 04:57 PM.

God this has made me hate Rictor. His actual developed love interest and relationship is currently a slave in Mojoworld, and he's pining for Apocalypse? We never even saw the actual moment that made him Apoc's #1 fanboy, they cut away. So he's obsessing over a guy who obviously manipulated the entire team and island and dragged them all into a war.

Rogue, Gambit and Jub deserve better.