View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav NXM?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wind Dancer

61 25.42%
  • Surge

83 34.58%
  • Hellion

119 49.58%
  • Prodigy

58 24.17%
  • Anole

80 33.33%
  • Rockslide

68 28.33%
  • Pixie

106 44.17%
  • Dust

93 38.75%
  • Mercury

83 34.58%
  • Elixir

71 29.58%
  • Gentle

42 17.50%
  • Armor

63 26.25%
  • Loa

51 21.25%
  • Trance

39 16.25%
  • Bling!

37 15.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 42 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Beautiful art Fokken! Is Bling! going to keep the all-white costume, or is it just unfinished? 'Cause I kind of like the all-white on her, as if to say that she doesn't need colorful on her clothes, she *is* colorful. (It really makes her purple-gemstone flesh pop!)

I love how everybody has a unifying theme to their costumes, but they are all different, not just the 'New Mutants' original black and gold look.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Beautiful art Fokken! Is Bling! going to keep the all-white costume, or is it just unfinished? 'Cause I kind of like the all-white on her, as if to say that she doesn't need colorful on her clothes, she *is* colorful. (It really makes her purple-gemstone flesh pop!)

I love how everybody has a unifying theme to their costumes, but they are all different, not just the 'New Mutants' original black and gold look.
    Edit: I'm just realizing I didn't share the colored version of Bling. Its on my twitter account. Check it there.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    If you take the highest numbers on the thread as far as votes and percentage we get a roster of:

Close to or over 30% and close to or over 50 votes:
    Surge
    Hellion
    Pixie
    Dust
    Mercury
    Elixir
    Anole

Followed by:

Rockslide
    Wind Dancer
    Prodigy

Thats a damn good roster for a book. Hell if we could have Blindfold as mission control or the Cuckoos it would be perfect. Instead we are fetting Children of the Atom. WTF Marvel??
    Yall still on this Children of the Atom hate train?

Anywaaaaay, Fokken's art really has me wanting a big rotating ensemble book.

Wind Dancer
    Surge
    Prodigy
    Mercury
    Bling!
    Hellion (I guess...lol)
    Rockslide
    Anole
    Kid Omega
    Armor
    Cipher
    Gentle
    Shark Girl
    Pixie
    Oya
    Indra
    Norio from the Madripoor group
    Angel
    Beak

with appearances by the Five (Elixir, Tempus, Goldballs/Egg, Proteus, and Hope), Dust (who is with the Champions), Wallflower, and the Guthries

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Sharing some progression shots of my post-Krakoa X-Youth art piece....

One of the greatest things I've ever seen?

Wow nice work!! You are talented! Is that the final cast or you have some surprises? The sand and wind effect are well done, i'm curious to see how you can handle fire and water !!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Spectacular work as usual, Fokken! The kinetic pose and foreshortening on Anole are so well done, the rendering of Dust's sand is amazing, and, of course, everyone's hair is gorgeous. Julian + Sofia 4 eva!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    Wow nice work!! You are talented! Is that the final cast or you have some surprises? The sand and wind effect are well done, i'm curious to see how you can handle fire and water !!
    Thank you Mirai! This is the final cast, sadly. I wanted to include more but the scale and space on the paper just won't afford it. I was so so anxious about the sand/wind so I really appreciate the kind words! (also, fire is super hard)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Spectacular work as usual, Fokken! The kinetic pose and foreshortening on Anole are so well done, the rendering of Dust's sand is amazing, and, of course, everyone's hair is gorgeous. Julian + Sofia 4 eva!
    Thank you so much Dante! Hair is my everything so I'm thrilled its appreciated! Also: YES JULIAN + SOFIA 4 EVA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

This is her final design more or less, Sutekh. I included black on her uniform sparingly.

I mean Fokken, what haven't i said about your art that I haven't already said on twitter?

So i'll dust off a img instead

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

This is her final design more or less, Sutekh. I included black on her uniform sparingly.
    Is the one on the right supposed to be surge ?
    I kinda love it.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Is the one on the right supposed to be surge ?
    I kinda love it.
    Yeah, I leaned pretty heavily toward a new look for her.
    Kept blue in her hair but minimized and grew it out. Gave her a pair of small static-charge-regulating Krakoa-era bracelets.

That is amazing as always, but can I single out how great Dust looks? That sandstorm is just so intricate

I also like the little details you put on her costume

Sharing some progression shots of my post-Krakoa X-Youth art piece....

This is looking fantastic! Have to say it's such a privilege watching your art style develop. It looks like you've really got the shape of Rockslide down in a way a lot of Marvel's artists can't, the detail on Dust's dust similar, and I love David's Prodigy/X-Factor costume. Can't wait to see the end result!

I have nothing to corroborate this against, but I really feel like the New X-Men have to be the biggest centre of fan activism, not just in the X-Brand, but across Marvel. I mean, is there any group of forgotten characters who have anything comparable to the wealth of fanart, fanfic, malaise and general begging these kids invoked (who haven't, in some way, gotten a return)?

Basically, a new New X-Men title is our Snyder cut.

Fokken this is INCREDIBLEEEEEEEE

Fokken, this is glorious. You should be a comicbook artist for sure. I know I'd buy your books.

That's a wrap. Thanks for the kind words everyone.
    I would have liked to include way more, but my composition/space planning was deeply flawed.
    I really wanted to include Hindsight and Morph especially. Oh well. Live and learn.