View Poll Results: Who are some of your fav NXM?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wind Dancer

61 25.42%
  • Surge

83 34.58%
  • Hellion

119 49.58%
  • Prodigy

58 24.17%
  • Anole

80 33.33%
  • Rockslide

68 28.33%
  • Pixie

106 44.17%
  • Dust

93 38.75%
  • Mercury

83 34.58%
  • Elixir

71 29.58%
  • Gentle

42 17.50%
  • Armor

63 26.25%
  • Loa

51 21.25%
  • Trance

39 16.25%
  • Bling!

37 15.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 57 of 85 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That's gorgeous and adorable! In a just world this would be the cover to a new series.

So, are we to assume that most of the 2000's era Academy X characters aren't being used/seen a lot because they are off on Krakoa doing teen stuff instead of having to be child soldiers? Because if that is the case, I'd like to see that somewhere on panel. As much as that sucks for me as a New X-Men fan, I think it'd be a cool story point to explore. Even then, it seems like there are certain characters that are more suited for the military/X-men lifestyle, but they too are suspiciously absent.

Sidenote: I noticed my man Prodigy didn't get an invite to a certain shotgun Vegas wedding over in Empyre #5. America Chavez's couldn't scoop him up on her way to the function?!
    I see how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    So, are we to assume that most of the 2000's era Academy X characters aren't being used/seen a lot because they are off on Krakoa doing teen stuff instead of having to be child soldiers? Because if that is the case, I'd like to see that somewhere on panel. As much as that sucks for me as a New X-Men fan, I think it'd be a cool story point to explore. Even then, it seems like there are certain characters that are more suited for the military/X-men lifestyle, but they too are suspiciously absent.

Sidenote: I noticed my man Prodigy didn't get an invite to a certain shotgun Vegas wedding over in Empyre #5. America Chavez's couldn't scoop him up on her way to the function?!
    I see how it is.
    Pixie and Anole were in the Savage Land when Hordeculture attacked, presumably they were providing security because I doubt they were farming.
    So I guess the rest of the NXM who still want to contribute could be in some of the other Krakoan biomes doing small jobs like that

Maybe David was on Krakoa and they didn't want to violate any teleportation protocols on the island at the time, and he just didn't have time to get dressed and run to a gate. He'll probably show up at the reception

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post

I see how it is.
    The reality is, unless it's X-23, Quentin, or Glob @#$%ing Herman, don't expect Academy X-era characters to contributed in any meaningful way, unless a writer needs a recognizable target to stuff into a fridge. X-23 has too large of a fanbase, while Quentin and Glob are Editor's Pets. Pretty much everyone else is expendable. And even then, Laura only gets meaningful stuff to do when she's working solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The reality is, unless it's X-23, Quentin, or Glob @#$%ing Herman, don't expect Academy X-era characters to contributed in any meaningful way, unless a writer needs a recognizable target to stuff into a fridge. X-23 has too large of a fanbase, while Quentin and Glob are Editor's Pets. Pretty much everyone else is expendable. And even then, Laura only gets meaningful stuff to do when she's working solo.
    I'm afraid that's the sad reality. Editorial doesn't care about the rest of the NXM, so it's mostly down to individual writers and artists sneaking them into the background when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Hellions best team.

Hi, Surge.

Ha ha ha ha ha

Why did "Hi, Surge" make me laugh out loud??

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yeah, of the whole Academy X-era, Elixir is the only one to have any real role in Krakoa, as one of the Five, and even then, he's one of a group that has *three* teen mutants in it that came in later generations (Hope, Goldballs, Tempo).

Quentin and Glob don't even count. They are Morrison-era. (So are the Cuckoos, but they at least had a role in the Academy X-era!)

Things are pretty dire for the Generation X crew as well, with only Monet getting any regular play, and the rest either MIA, or, in the case of Synch, resurrected and promptly sent away on a mission and apparently completely forgotten by those who sent him away. (And, really, the fact that Laura is with them is the only reason I have any hope for that plot thread to ever be picked up again, as both Synch and Darwin are exactly the sort of characters that editorial tends to forget exist for decades at a time.)

Eva's codename is Tempus, not Tempo. And I wonder what Bendis thinks of Goldballs changing his name to Egg?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha

Why did "Hi, Surge" make me laugh out loud??

Rubbermaid post of the day!

Where is Brisson headed with this?

Extraordinary Member

Has Rubbermaid even appeared alive in a What If or alternate reality story?

I don’t think so.

Poor girl must have been fodder in AoA.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Has Rubbermaid even appeared alive in a What If or alternate reality story?

I don’t think so.

Poor girl must have been fodder in AoA.

"Life 1: Rubbermaid wants to go to the mall but she gets on the wrong bus. It's a bus to Genosha. Morrison has just taken over the X-Line."
    and so on.

She died in all iterations in a bus accident. Could it be the Dominions?
    Last edited by Veitha; 08-14-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Who are these random X-kids? I can ID Bling, Pixie and Angel. Im assuming the blonde girl might be Wallflower? That kid to the right of Pixie is Maxime?
    Update! Im fairly certain the blonde boy's identity was revealed in the recent issue of Empyre. spoilers:
    Its a resurrected Explodey Boy. He talked about making out with Arachnidor, a girl with the power to smell like spiders, so unfortunately thats doesnt sound like Mermaid Girl
    end of spoilers

Metal Sonic gutting Gemerl gave me Messiah CompleX flashbacks today
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...(LOA-IS-BACK!)

The Xbabies are getting spotlight!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.