Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I'm all in on a Storm/Monet friendship so much about the other, I imagine they already and could continue to grow to respect. Having Monet develop and carry out the rescue of Storm was great. Can't wait to see where they go from here, nice read and wouldn't have minded Cecilia Reyes joining them.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 09-16-2020 at 05:54 PM.

This was a good sendoff for her bc I dont think we'll be seeing much of her in the coming months with the X-books in full crossover mode and I dont think she'll have a role. I wonder where she'll turn up once the dust settles from XOS

This has been said on a few other threads, but the Giant-Sized Magneto issue should have been about Monet and how she figured out the plan to cure Storm.

That said, I think Hickman has a great command for her personality/voice. I loved that they are continuing the thread of her being a boss at business with her interactions with Fantomx. She knows when to use a light touch, and she knows when it's time to rip a door off its hinges (which I think is a callback to X-Factor)
    M's love language is acts of service, and even though she wasn't trying to hug Storm after she was resurrected, she really showed up for my girl in a major way.

Also that panel of Monet turning back into her human form is one of her best depictions, hands down! You see those baby hairs!?

I saw dem baby hairs!

I loved seeing supersmart Monet again, it's been decades!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Truly a great issue for Monet.

She was balanced. She knows when to cut the middle man & get rough, but she's super intelligent. I never liked her just being a hot-headed brawler like X-Factor. But she does need that extra bite, which she lacked in Weapon X for example. *shudders*

And how I missed her with plump facial features. It's been years since she had them. I think I am gonna use my avatar shot on the front page for her image.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I think I am gonna use my avatar shot on the front page for her image.
    It is done!

Despite the lack of concrete monet in x-books ince hox/pox, I really love how in each of her appearances she's been drawn actually looking north african which is something we haven't seen since gen x aside from her stint on x-corps, the time she wore the purple suit in x-factor and x-men vol. 4 so my little north african heart is beyond delighted

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    She looks like my girl Meg Thee Stallion in some panels
    Less conturing required!

Monet will be in XOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Monet will be in XOS!

Monet punching Saturnyne in the face ? I'm totally up for it

Monet will be in XOS!

I mean we already knew she was going to be in xos creation because of the cover released back in (when was it again may? june?) but the question is will she appear throughout the event or just in the first issue like empyre? My heart would love to see monet with a sword kicking ass while my brain tells me to be realistic and acknowledge that monet was never a big player in preview x-men events.

Tbh hickman and tini are the only ones who I trust to write monet and seemed to be the only ones who want to write her amongst the x-writers given they wrote empyre#1 while the rest didn't even bother to give her more than one line per issue.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I mean we already knew she was going to be in xos creation because of the cover released back in (when was it again may? june?) but the question is will she appear throughout the event or just in the first issue like empyre? My heart would love to see monet with a sword kicking ass while my brain tells me to be realistic and acknowledge that monet was never a big player in preview x-men events.

Tbh hickman and tini are the only ones who I trust to write monet and seemed to be the only ones who want to write her amongst the x-writers given they wrote empyre#1 while the rest didn't even bother to give her more than one line per issue.
    Not really. Covers dont always mean a character will appear in an issue, especially crossover ones. Look at Polaris on the Empyre cover

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Less conturing required!
    I'm really trying not to be mean here but they couldn't look less alike lmao. Apart from the fact that they both have brown skin and defined jaw and cheekbones (which are very general features) there really isn't any resemblance. Don't get me wrong meg is very pretty but yeah I don't see it

Not really. Covers dont always mean a character will appear in an issue, especially crossover ones. Look at Polaris on the Empyre cover
    Yes sometimes covers lineup don't mean all the characters will feature in the book especially with variant covers and promotional artwork but given the hoxpox covers it wasn't wrong to assume that monet would at least feature in the first issue of xos

Monet will be in XOS!

I hope Monet lands that punch!