Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Madrox was PAD's self insert. Guy slept with all the women on the X-Factor team. lol
    Did I miss the part where he slept with Lorna and Rahne too?

Do the people complaining about this book actually remember what happened in it?

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Again, the problem isn't about how many people Monet dated and had sex with (honestly what kind of victorian sensibilities getting offended over Monet having two sexual partners over the course of x-factor)
    Brohomo's and Yogaflame's apparently.

but it was how PAD handled it and executed that leaves a bad taste. The way he wrote her, she wasn't even considered a love interest but an object to be lusted after... It reminds me how GRRM wrote Arianne Martell and how the fandom treats her.
    I wouldn't say that was totally accurate. Guido and Darwin did show they cared about her as a person even if they could be immature around her.

eta: wrong thread

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Well they never actually had even a proper relationship for them to sleep together, Bunn did they say they had a "tortuous relationship" whatever the hell that means...
    He says their love was torturous. It's ambiguous if they actually hooked up, but the way Monet acted at times, it seemed they may have been sleeping together casually until feelings developed on both ends. Again, I only say that given how "overt" Monet could be at certain time.

But Bunn has denounced the run as filler and point-blank admitted that Creed x Monet ended up being more popular than he thought, saying he didn't think fans would be into a hinted romance with them but he still gets comments & questions about it.

But either way, we can cross that ship off her bucket list. Canonly, at this point, her last ship was Darwin (ugh lol)
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-01-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Did I miss the part where he slept with Lorna and Rahne too?

Do the people complaining about this book actually remember what happened in it?
    Lorna was a late addition, and Madrox was married to Layla by then. But initially we had 3 female teammates, and Madrox boinked the two women, compared them in bed with one saying his dick was her reason for living, then boinked the last one as soon as she was legally aged.

Lorna was a late addition, and Madrox was married to Layla by then. But initially we had 3 female teammates, and Madrox boinked the two women, compared them in bed with one saying his dick was her reason for living, then boinked the last one as soon as she was legally aged.
    Well he later got thrown through a window when they found out he (or rather a duplicate) slept with both of them and then Terry later broke his finger after he involuntarily reabsorbed their baby.

I wouldn't call Jamie a Peter David self-insert given all the crap he went through in that book.

Also, there were four female teammates at first (Monet, Layla, Rahne and Terry).

Either way, the run sucked & so did all the ships. So hopefully nothing from that run is revisited. The fact the Monet's bland costumes stuck is bad enough. Along with Darwin still being around.

The run did not suck and I feel you're looking at it through the lens of a sip you didn't like. But we'll agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-02-2020 at 12:52 AM.

I didn't care for the ships. Nor did I care for PAD's characterization of Monet. Worst writer for her, tied with whoever wrote her as a scared kid who got bullied in school which may have been Bendis. And Pack in Weapon X
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-02-2020 at 01:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Either way, the run sucked & so did all the ships. So hopefully nothing from that run is revisited. The fact the Monet's bland costumes stuck is bad enough. Along with Darwin still being around.
    Don’t let Rictor-Shatterstar fans hear you say that.

Nor anti-Havok-Polaris fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No prize answer? That white woman in X-Factor was not Monet
    lol YAS!!! explain that dumb ass tanning panel
    its hard to take your opinion on it seriously, when you've admitted that you havent read it[/QUOTE]

nigh impossible tbh....like what a bold ass statement but i guess thata the 'climate' we live in
    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I became an XMEN fan during the 90's Followed her into Bunn's series (she was my fave on there) and have been keeping an eye one her since waiting for her to breakout cause she's clearly A-list material storyline wise.
    Soooo just skipped AoA?

What? Madrox is A-list? What has he had since XFactor? (a book that apparently sucked for non-Maddrox fans).Doug is A-list as well? You think any common X-fan outside this board knows who he is? Lol. He's the most forgettable out of the New Mutants crowd. Had to be merged with Warlock to be made interesting. And outside, his initial run and Hickman's personal interest, writers do nothing with him.
    I'm sayin..yu Cant deny PAD raised Madrox's profile. So the trajectory of a character changes. Yeah in my heart. I wouldn't know I don't socialize with commoner X-Fans. No one WAS using him? You DO know he had been dead for like 25 years. Yes I do.
    He played a big role in Necrosha. then he was in those 50 or so issues of Zeb Wells New Mutants

So? You don't hear these excuses when it comes to New Mutants/New X-Men characters. Many of them became popular despite getting screwed if not named Magik/Laura. Gen X isn't that interesting.
    Oh Are the NXM appearing soon...to be very interesting. Also interesting tryna throw shade n Gen X in A Monet thread
    Join the club. Him becoming a main character was the end of the show for me. Giving Buffy a retcon sister was another. And her sleeping with Spike all throughout season sex...oh sorry, six was another.
    lol Gah this cracked me up so hard

I don't think them getting together would be a repeat of Paige and Warren given Monet is actually of age and an adult, and when she was a student Warren was still in his Horseman phase and they didn't interact much.
    if being an actual adult is a "plus" in the relationship Id say its pretty icky from the start. They were on the same team together....under Bunn but they still didnt interact much as he was a mindless killing drone controlled by Psylocke
    We talk a lot about actual development for Monet so I'm surprised so many people want Monet and Synch to start dating again. It's kinda weird to except now adult Monet to go back to dating her high school boyfriend just because he came back from the dead. They're both different person now and Monet has grown and has more life experience, just because they worked while they were teenagers doesn't mean the relationship will work now. why complicated or worst ruin them all for the sake of nostalgia.[/QUOTE]
    She's not that much older than Synch. And when the best 'development she gets seems to be which older white character will she sleep with next than it shouldn't surprise you people wanna see her back in the to date only relationship shes been in where she sseemed happy.

In terms of Sync, not sure if I'm only one getting storyline potential vibes with him and Laura?
    ugh no thank you. but you would know you seem able to know the contents of books and storylines you haven't read.

At this point, I do think that relationship would result in writers resorting to old behavior with them both as opposed to letting them mature more. Old couples reuniting tend to stop developing when together. That can maybe be pulled off if the character is developed already but Monet/Sync are certainly not there.
    Bruh how would you know lol?? You've admittedly never read an issue their relationship was showcased

I just can't see what good would come from having a grown adult start dating her high school sweetheart simply because he got resurrected/is in the picture again, it's the very definition of character regression. While we're at it why doesn't Jubilee start crushing on Ev again and they start dating since she did still have feelings for him when he died?
    uh why not folks reunite with their high school boo thang all the time. Certainly would be better thna hooking up with the the older dude that used to smash ur friend/classmate when she was a teenager

Again, the problem isn't about how many people Monet dated and had sex with (honestly what kind of victorian sensibilities getting offended over Monet having two sexual partners over the course of x-factor) but it was how PAD handled it and executed that leaves a bad taste.
    1000% True
    Synch is not a lister material or on his way to become one any time soon lets get real. I love him as much as any gen x fan does but its just wishful thinking with a spoonful of delusional to think he's going to become on Scott levels famous, or even Jubilee's. Marvel and x-writers had no problems leaving him dead for 30 years and he only got written again because Hickman loves gen x and (rightly) feels the team was underrated and given the short end of the stick. It's also beyond outlandish to claim Synch is going to become bigger than Monet when not only is she Hickman's top 5 mutants, has she been set up since hox/pox and most importantly she has more appearances and has been in many books and teams since gen x.
    shes had more appearances than him cause hes been dead. But I'd like to point out Magik who was a nonentitiy in comics in the 90s and most of the 2000s and is now kinckin ass in the popularity department

Betsy was on a team with Warren, Fantomex and Cluster while having/dating all 3 of them, does that make her "passed around" too?
    No Betsey had Agency

I didn't care for the ships. Nor did I care for PAD's characterization of Monet. Worst writer for her next to whoever wrote her as a scared kid who got bullied in school.
    This
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol YAS!!! explain that dumb ass tanning panel
    Sunbathing isn't just for white people contrary to what some think.

https://www.*************/beauty/art...omen-of-colour

https://medium.com/an-injustice/brow...o-40e034923de4

No Betsey had Agency
    This is fast becoming one of those internet buzzwords people like to use without understanding what it means. Unless you're saying Monet was raped by Jamie and Darwin, she did not have any less agency than Betsy. And you're just shifting the goal posts since you said no other X-Man had been on a team with two people they'd had sex with.

This[/QUOTE]

I didn't care for the ships. Nor did I care for PAD's characterization of Monet. Worst writer for her, tied with whoever wrote her as a scared kid who got bullied in school which may have been Bendis. And Pack in Weapon X
    As far as I can remember Bendis never wrote her, it was Morrison who wrote the line that Monet was bullied in school (and he's not exactly wrong) but he never wrote her as a scared kid, she was the first one to tell Fantomex to his face that he's a pos. Funnily enough, Morrison short lived writing of Monet in x-corps was more in character and two dimensional than PAD writing for her in the entirety of x-factor.

I simply do not acknowledge weapon x and gen x vol 2. For me it was just unimportant background cameo.

What exactly was out of character about Monet in X-Factor?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What exactly was out of character about Monet in X-Factor?
    Especially since she was used more in the X-Factor book than anywhere else.

(Note: Monet was only around the last 45 issues of Generation X. The first thirty issues she was Penance.)