Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So much discussion. You'd have thought Monet made an appearance this week
    The way every discussion here turns into a can of worms...

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Does aren't granny boobs, that's just what actual real human boobs look like with gravity. Women don't naturally have their breast up to their chins you know. I'm not going to hash out the debate about if she's black or not because truth fully it has been pretty ambiguous, but the least PAD and his team could do was google North Africa and Algeria and see that North Africans do come in a variety of shades but the fact remains that the majority of us do have naturally visibly brown/tan skin. That "I'm not sure she has any african anything" comment was just plain stupid, Algerians aren't boers, North Africans are indigenous to African. Monet is African full stop, wether she's half white or not.

The point a few people including myself are trying to make in this thread is that Monet is hardly the only X-men to have slept or have a relationship with her teammates, and while we're all entitled to our opinions and don't have to like every ship, there's a difference between criticising how a relationship was written and if it was "problematic" and outright calling the female character passed around.
    As a woman, I don't need to be lectured on how boobs unfortunately work. This isn't real life, it's fiction. And my point stands that she was just plain ugly in that art style. lol

In real life, most people don't instantly recover from getting hit with sledgehammers. But they always seemed to in wrestling. lol Fiction =/= reality. And sometimes, reality isn't what is wanted. It's an escape from reality for many. Especially with everything happening now.

Far as sex goes, I don't care how much sex Monet has. But thought all her partners in X-Factor sucked. I liked her with Synch and I liked her with Creed the way Bunn wrote them. But haven't liked anything in between or after.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-03-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    As a woman, I don't need to be lectured on how boobs look. This isn't real life, it's fiction. And my point stands that she was plain ugly in that art style & looked like a 50 year old lady in the face.

Far as sex goes, I don't care how much sex Monet has. But thought all her partners in X-Factor sucked. I liked her with Synch and I liked her with Creed the way Bunn wrote them. But haven't liked anything in between or after.
    !!!!
    So you like Monet with Creed, over Madrox and Darwin!!!!!!

Wow!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    !!!!

Wow!
    why not? It's not like they are any great
    Last edited by baxer; 12-03-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    !!!!

Wow!
    Madrox was bland & dull to me as a character. Plus that was ruined when he two-timed her, had no interest in her, and married someone else. lol

Darwin was derpy and seemed like a sprung high school kid since the basis for his love of Monet was after seeing her nude on Vanity Fair. Again I can't take his feelings for Monet any more serious than I took Spike's "feelings" for Buffy.

However, I only liked it with Bunn writing. They were together again in Weapon X, and I didn't care for it for it because the characterization was poor. Monet was very watered down. And Creed was basically written like Strong Guy. And I didn't care for that the first time around.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-03-2020 at 01:26 PM.

As a woman, I don't need to be lectured on how boobs unfortunately work. This isn't real life, it's fiction. And my point stands that she was just plain ugly in that art style. lol

In real life, most people don't instantly recover from getting hit with sledgehammers. But they always seemed to in wrestling. lol Fiction =/= reality. And sometimes, reality isn't what is wanted. It's an escape from reality for many. Especially with everything happening now.

I mean just because it's fiction doesn't mean we have to throw human anatomy and proportion out the window... I don't know I if I'd call the male gaze in comics an escape from reality. And before anyone tries I do think that drawing all male characters with dorito backs and hyper defined thighs and arms a bit ridiculous at times.

I don't care for relationships in X-factor and found Guido and Monet being forced down out throats quite nauseating at time but I don't agree with slutshaming. I do think she was hypersexualised in X-factor but not because of how many romantic and sexual partners she had.

I hate Creed and don't care for him but the way Bunn wrote their interactions did have me forgetting at times that this was Sabertooth. Basically terribly ship that had good writing.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I don't care for relationships in X-factor and found Guido and Monet being forced down out throats quite nauseating at time but I don't agree with slutshaming. I do think she was hypersexualised in X-factor but not because of how many romantic and sexual partners she had.

I hate Creed and don't care for him but the way Bunn wrote their interactions did have me forgetting at times that this was Sabertooth. Basically terribly ship that had good writing.
    She was lusted for a lot in X-Factor. I didn't care for her boob costume. Not because showing cleavage is bad. I'd be lying if I said I never showed any. But that outfit seemed more like something Emma would be wearing rather than Monet. And at times, that's almost who she seemed like given how cruel she could get during that run.

I liked her with Creed because I saw it the way I did Buffy x Angel. Guy did deplorable things as an evil villain & changed as a result of magic, but were repentant nonetheless and trying to do the most with their newfound humanity. Remender even said Angel is who he modeled Inverted Creed after. So I have no issue with Monet falling for a man who was good by the time she actually met him & was trying to do better than what he ever had before.

My only issue was the art -Lashley's especially., I'm tired of the one-sided Beauty & Beast trope. So I would have preferred a better looking version of him. Whenever he's paired up with anyone, he's almost always hideous. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-03-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Madrox was bland & dull to me as a character. Plus that was ruined when he two-timed her, had no interest in her, and married someone else. lol

Darwin was derpy and seemed like a sprung high school kid since the basis for his love of Monet was after seeing her nude on Vanity Fair. Again I can't take his feelings for Monet any more serious than I took Spike's "feelings" for Buffy.

However, I only liked it with Bunn writing. They were together again in Weapon X, and I didn't care for it for it because the characterization was poor. Monet was very watered down. And Creed was basically written like Strong Guy. And I didn't care for that the first time around.
    Not to get off topic, but I'm loving these Buffy references.

She was lusted for a lot in X-Factor. I didn't care for her boob costume. Not because showing cleavage is bad. I'd be lying if I said I never showed any. But that outfit seemed more like something Emma would be wearing rather than Monet.
    Emma's outfits show way more skin than that.

And at times, that's almost who she seemed like given how cruel she could get during that run.
    Monet was Mary Tyler Moore compared to Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Emma's outfits show way more skin than that.

Monet was Mary Tyler Moore compared to Emma.
    During her GenX years, she wore something similar.

It's why I always say her X-Factor boob suit looks like something out of Emma's closet.

I don't really like Monet x Creed, but even I will admit it was her second best 'showmance' behind Monet x Synch.

Just to be clear I'm all about some (safe) sexual freedom. Thought it preeety gross Madrox smashed them raw dog style. Was like Thank God when it was revealed Monet psychically aborted the Madrox baby.And don't consider her a slut for smashing multiple teammates whatever. I just don't buy a chick like M sleeping with strictly older white dudes...well it's believable just not the best look. But it IS weird and worth calling attention to (fact I just realized) that I can't think of another Black X-Couple not even a hook up. Not advocating any sorta separate sexualsequestering based on race But let's see some Mondo on M action or HiJack+Risque or Maggot+Blink! Or FINALLY the Karma+Dani+Sunspot weird tryst that they NEVER EVER NEVER mention again
    GrindrStone(D)

By cspencey

https://www.deviantart.com/cspencey/...on-X-493964387

During her GenX years, she wore something similar.

It's why I always say her X-Factor boob suit looks like something out of Emma's closet.
    Still more modest than what Emma usually wears and Monet stopped showing her cleavage eventually. It's not like catsuits are exclusive to Emma.

Not exclusive but still something Emma would wear before Monet. Lol

In GenX, she had her style of sexiness that never had to go as far as Emma for the point. She wore lots of midriffs & short shorts & looked great with needing to go the Emma extent.

Where is JONO's BELLY SHIRT, HUH???