Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Her current costume is fine and probably her best non-Gen X look

there it is in multiple color schemes

When doing that search, I found this image. Aint she pretty?

Monet infringes so much on classical Rogue enough as is(flying brick with extras); this costume is a bit too much like the Jim Lee Rogue costume, just in a different color scheme, down to the offset belt.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

nothing about that look really gives me a Rogue vibe especially since she isnt wearing a bomber jacket. Even if it did, so what? Its still a very good look forher

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Monet infringes so much on classical Rogue enough as is(flying brick with extras); this costume is a bit too much like the Jim Lee Rogue costume, just in a different color scheme, down to the offset belt.
    I am always gonna love the clev.. She is the Mutant Regine Hunter.

nothing about that look really gives me a Rogue vibe especially since she isnt wearing a bomber jacket. Even if it did, so what? Its still a very good look forher
    Think of the white parts yellow and the other parts green, and you have Rogue's bodysuit. Down to the offset belt.

monetrogue.jpg
    Last edited by yogaflame; 08-05-2020 at 02:50 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Monet was in Giant Size X-men Fantomex and will be in Storm's issue! She was wearing her Gen X costume that Reis had her in in NM #1, so Im assuming he's a fan. I wonder what Dautermann will draw her with

I got to see my girl Monet in not one but TWO comics in the same day, and both appearances give her an acceptable amount of melanin. I feel great!

I'm currently watching this show on Hulu called Maxxx. It's...alright.
    BUT O-T Fagbenle and Jourdan Dunn are making all my Monet x Sunspot dreams come true
    MAXXX Specials_04.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    I got to see my girl Monet in not one but TWO comics in the same day, and both appearances give her an acceptable amount of melanin. I feel great!

I'm currently watching this show on Hulu called Maxxx. It's...alright.
    BUT O-T Fagbenle and Jourdan Dunn are making all my Monet x Sunspot dreams come true
    MAXXX Specials_04.jpg
    I will have to check this out.

That is a good M depiction!!

Empyre #3 was the worst showing for M I have ever seen in the 26 years of her existence

spoilers:

She does NOTHING. The invulnerable mutant is passed out the entire issue and has to be carried around in one of the old ladies vehicles. I cringed at how passive she was in last issue but being asleep for this entire one was dreadful.
    end of spoilers All that hype going in to #1 and this is what we are left with? Hopefully with Hickman writing the final issue, maybe M can get some justice

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Empyre #3 was the worst showing for M I have ever seen in the 26 years of her existence

spoilers:

She does NOTHING. The invulnerable mutant is passed out the entire issue and has to be carried around in one of the old ladies vehicles. I cringed at how passive she was in last issue but being asleep for this entire one was dreadful.
    end of spoilers All that hype going in to #1 and this is what we are left with? Hopefully with Hickman writing the final issue, maybe M can get some justice
    So, basically Greg Pak's Monet is back. Lol

Empyre has been horrible for Monet. What a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Empyre has been horrible for Monet. What a disappointment.
    Monet was great in the first issue then other writers took over...
    Sadly, Hickman appears to be the only current writer to have noticed Monet's potential

It's only now that I notice the symbolism of Monet's presence in Storm's Giant-Size
    Storm welcomed Monet after her resurrection and sort of reinstated her in the world of the living
    This time around, Monet will be the one to help Storm stay in the world of the living

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    It's only now that I notice the symbolism of Monet's presence in Storm's Giant-Size
    Storm welcomed Monet after her resurrection and sort of reinstated her in the world of the living
    This time around, Monet will be the one to help Storm stay in the world of the living
    Does this mean Monet is a awakening Goddess?

Yalls comments on Empyre saddens me, she was literally the only reason I was going to bother with it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8