Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Is Hickman the only writer currently giving her this much love? Or am I forgetting others? I don't read all books so unaware...
    Leah Williams used her in the latest X-Factor issue and there were two Empyre X-Men issues ... where she was unconscious the entire time

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Leah Williams used her in the latest X-Factor issue and there were two Empyre X-Men issues ... where she was unconscious the entire time
    So just Hickman haha.

The Empire story was a joke. Hate when writers shelve every female but Magik. Reminds me of Guggenheim with Kate.

Also, do writers think only using Magik makes them seem as feminists or something? Magik is such a bro character. Don't get me wrong, I love Magik but don't like how she's used as an excuse to not write other females.

So just Hickman haha.

The Empire story was a joke. Hate when writers shelve every female but Magik. Reminds me of Guggenheim with Kate.

Also, do writers think only using Magik makes them seem as feminists or something? Magik is such a bro character. Don't get me wrong, I love Magik but don't like how she's used as an excuse to not write other females.
    M was intended to appear in one of the series that fell to the wayside. Which kind of makes sense, because she is in all of the events out of the blue. I would say that she, Nightcrawler and Exodus are the three main bookless characters, in that they show up a lot but do not have a home title to call their own.

Is Hickman the only writer currently giving her this much love? Or am I forgetting others? I don't read all books so unaware...
    Jordan white stated that Hickman and Tini are two x-writers who love her the most and want to write her. Given how Monet was written in creation, empyre x-men #1 which were written by both Hickman and Tini and how Tini twitter bio is Monet line to jean in hox, they're pretty much the only two who care about her. I'm pretty sure we're going to see Monet in excalibur at some point. I really hope the X-corps book just got delayed because of covid and not entirely dropped. If it was up to me we'd get the x-corps book over children of the atom but whatever.

Leah Williams also loves Monet and has been trying to include her since she started on the X-Books. I would guess Ewing at the very least likes Monet. I thought I remember him being fond of Generation X. I don't think Percy would write her well so that's a moot point IMO.

Really not bad. I do wonder who was supposed to write X-Corps though!

Finger crossed tomorrow's special x-men announcement involves Monet because based on the rest of the rest of xos previews and november to january solicits our girl is once again back to comic limbo

I want an X-Corps book co-starring Monet and Warren so bad
    Both characters share great chemistry (their interactions in the first Empyre X-Men issue were pure gold) and can be absolutely awesome in areas that suit them really well like X-Corporation, but the X-office is too lazy and prefers to focus on five "original" characters which are just a repeat of five well-known characters (no offense, I liked some comics written by Vita and I'm still relieved to see Gambit be written by someone other than Tini)
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 10-27-2020 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I want an X-Corps book co-starring Monet and Warren so bad
    Both characters share great chemistry (their interactions in the first Empyre X-Men issue were pure gold) and can be absolutely awesome in areas that suit them really well like X-Corporation, but the X-office is too lazy and prefers to focus on five "original" characters which are just a repeat of five well-known characters (no offense, I liked some comics written by Vita and I'm still relieved to see Gambit be written by someone other than Tini)
    I'm still naively hoping that x-corp got delayed instead of abandoned because it was being built in another books. The thing about Monet is that she's one of those rare characters that can fit in pretty much any book you put her in so I'm a little miffed that she isn't being used more, but than again given how only Hickman and Tini care about her it makes sense. I'm a little surprised that children of the atom is a thing given how Hickman stated he was against x-writers creating new characters every new book who get forgotten once the book ends and given how rich the preexisting X-men cast is. So I'm a little surprised by children of the atom and unless it has something with children of the vault and Laura/Synch/Darwin, I won't be interested much.

Is an X-Corp series still to be released?

Is there any explanation as to how Monet can now turn into Penance ?
    Last edited by razzmatazz360; 11-14-2020 at 04:16 AM.

OMG, more Monet and Angel to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    OMG, more Monet and Angel to come!

I'm so hyped !!

I wonder where that Monet and Warren story will play out. X-Corps, X-men, new book???

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wonder where that Monet and Warren story will play out. X-Corps, X-men, new book???
    X-Corps would be the most logical choice, knowing that it was more or less teased in Empyre X-Men

Uh...why is Warren holding Monet's shoulders like that? I really hope we aren't going down that road with them.
    But you know what, it doesn't even matter! If we get a book starring Monet that actually delves into what she thinks and feel about anything, I'll be happy
    Let's go Monet St. Croix 2021!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I hope we don't head there either, but Warren isn't the worst option. Long as it's not Wolverine or anyone from her X-Factor days, I can tolerate it.

But yep. So far, Monet has been 97% prop while everyone else does everything. For a Hickman fav. she's done the least out of every A + B list character there is, it's starting to seem.

So like all my other favs, I'm gonna stop getting excited until I get some real results & reason to be.