Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

I've loved Monet since day 1 when she appeared in the Phalanx Covenant. I found her so intriguing. But, after House of X 4 and X of Swords 1, I am obsessed with her.
    She is always down for a fight and ain't scared of ****. I love her Penance form and I love her confidence. This chick literally talks **** in the face of almost unbeatable odds. She is now firmly in my top 5 favorite mutants along with Scott, Emma, Magneto and Illyana.

Is this M's best telepathic feat? She rarely uses her TP and when she does, its not really longe range or with a visual effect

ETA: more great panels. Loved her cursing out Saturnyne

Last edited by Havok83; 09-26-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Can anyone share a "Top 5 Monet Single Issues" list? I've loved all of her appearances in the current era and want to learn more about her!

It's the first time we saw her full astral projection and definitely some of her biggest tp feat. I think her top 3 are:

when she buried balistic consciousness
    Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 3.03.52 PM.jpg

when she rebuffed quentin's psy attack like it was nothing and knocked him out
    Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 2.51.09 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-09-26 at 2.38.22 PM.jpg

in bunncanny #14 when she was able to crack exodus mental manipulation and psi-cloaking without harming herself and figure out that is was exodus manipulating those mutants

and an honorary mention to all her tp feats as part of team telepath in the all women x-men team

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Can anyone share a "Top 5 Monet Single Issues" list? I've loved all of her appearances in the current era and want to learn more about her!
    X-Factor is a blur to me so this is incomplete but I would state in no particular order

1. Giant Size X-men: Storm - very recent but very impactful
    2. X of Swords: Creation - Awesome. Already one of my fave
    3. Generation X 40 - pretty key origin issue and first appearance of the "real" Monet as Monet
    4. Uncanny X-men v4 #10 - I was torn between this and #17 (IvX tie-in) but went with this as M was in control. She defeats Emplate but at a cost to herself
    5. Generation X #48 - M vs Jubilee. Nuff' said

Did she use her TP from Penance form or did she shift back in between? Because right after she astral projected we see her out of Penance form.

BANNED

it seems she shifted, sorta miss her telekinesis id like to see it again

Astonishing Member

Okay so apparently Monet is like the Swiss army knife of the X-Men and I'm wondering why she isn't featured more lol

Hickman usually does right by his favorite characters I mean just look at Sunspot by the end of his Avengers run Sunspot was a leader of the Avengers and bought out A.I.M.
    Last edited by loke13; 09-26-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Well it all depends on if you're looking for all her appearances or just her best and strongest one's. Imo her top 5 appearances where she really shines are:

X-men vol.4 (2013) aka the all women x-men team. There's really everything here: nice characterisation and development, great character introspection, her connection with and relationship with her mother get explored, she gets to be goofy as well as witty and sarcastic, she actually gets along with other women and forms new bond with betsy, ororo, karima and rachel and of course plenty of action and badass moments.

Uncanny x-men (2016) aka bunncanny. The whole run is a hit or miss but monet really shines through in each panels she's in and is definitely one of the best part of the run.

All her appearances in dox so far so: hox #4-5, empyre x-men #1, giant size x-men: storm and x of swords: creation

X-factor vol. 2 and 3 this run is really long and stopped being good after #50 and its a bit of a character regression for in terms of characterisation and powerset but she does have good moments and is an important run for her overall history.

And a personal favourite of mine is her time on x-corps. X-corps was short lived but the writting and team dynamics were fun and we saw her graduate from a generation x student to a full fledge x-man and fitting in seamlessly. I think if she wasn't on x-factor she would have been a team member on new x-men given how morrison focused on her throughout the issue and her brief subsequent appearances in new x-men. She also had one of the best transition in x-men history from student to x-man that is on par with scott imho.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Did she use her TP from Penance form or did she shift back in between? Because right after she astral projected we see her out of Penance form.
    I think she used it while in penance form but when saturnyne waved off her astral projection it caught her off guard and broke her concentration and knocked her out both physically and out of her diamond form. She was able to access her psi powers in gen x vol.2 in penance form so I think it's just a matter of personal preference for her when she uses her tp/tk in human or diamond form. It also happens to emma sometimes when she knocked out hard enough that she shifts out of her diamond form

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    it seems she shifted, sorta miss her telekinesis id like to see it again
    In gsxm:storm she did use her tk to tear the door out of its hinged and then her superstrenght kinda smashed it when she caught the door in her hand. She only had a few appearances in dox so far so I don't doubt we'll see more of her tk in coming issues

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Okay so apparently Monet is like the Swiss army knife of the X-Men and I'm wondering why she isn't featured more lol

Hickman usually does right by his favorite characters I mean just look at Sunspot by the end of his Avengers run Sunspot was a leader of the Avengers and bought out A.I.M.
    I think hickman definitely has big things coming for monet especially in xos and post xos. Hickman started slow with berto and had him gradually become the leader of the avengers and owning a.i.m so I think he's doing the same with monet.
    Last edited by frostedemma; 09-26-2020 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I think she used it while in penance form but when saturnyne waved off her astral projection it caught her off guard and broke her concentration and knocked her out both physically and out of her diamond form. She was able to access her psi powers in gen x vol.2 in penance form so I think it's just a matter of personal preference for her when she uses her tp/tk in human or diamond form. It also happens to emma sometimes when she knocked out hard enough that she shifts out of her diamond form

In gsxm:storm she did use her tk to tear the door out of its hinged and then her superstrenght kinda smashed it when she caught the door in her hand. She only had a few appearances in dox so far so I don't doubt we'll see more of her tk in coming issues

where do you see TK being used? To me, I read that as her using her superspeed to tear the door open but I guess looking at it further, I can kinda see where you were going with that

btw, she didnt have a Penance form in Gen X v2. She was merged with Emplate for that entire series. The Penance form from Gen X v1 and we are seeing now in DOX wasnt present there so I wouldnt take that as proof of her current capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

where do you see TK being used? To me, I read that as her using her superspeed to tear the door open but I guess looking at it further, I can kinda see where you were going with that

btw, she didnt have a Penance form in Gen X v2. She was merged with Emplate for that entire series. The Penance form from Gen X v1 and we are seeing now in DOX wasnt present there so I wouldnt take that as proof of her current capabilities
    Except when characters use superspeed it's more explicit and you see a gust of wind around them and you see them moving like with supergirl, quicksilver and the 17 different flash characters while in gsxm she stays in place and its the door that moves like when jean, rachel and betsy use their tk. They make it explicit when monet uses her super speed like here to differentiate from when she uses her tk
    Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 4.34.51 PM.jpg

You're right it wasn't her diamond form it was bling's but i think the fact that she was able to access her psi abilities in a diamond form and so far it hasn't been explicitly mentioned that she can't access those powers when in penance like emma leads me to believe she might not have that limitation. And in gen x vol. she wasn't merged like the st. croix siblings did in the original gen x run, it was more of a possession with emplate sinking his claws in her. Anyways that's how bunn explained it in uncanny.

*edit Also here lady deathstrike was explaining how when monet uses tk it looks like she standing still while shes moving stuff with her mind

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 4.38.47 PM.jpg
    Last edited by frostedemma; 09-26-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

She toootally doesn't have tk

lol
    Last edited by BroHomo; 09-26-2020 at 07:17 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    She toootally doesn't have to

lol
    ........??

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    ........??
    Fixed it my bad
    GrindrStone(D)