Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    While we wait on more Monet to pop up in Marvel, I figured I'd join in on fanart sharing

Thicc Monet lol
    Attachment 97959
    I love this. She looks like she's about to kick some ass in Marvel vs Capcom. Is it part of a bigger piece?

I had a random about why all the St. Croix family have those Penance forms. I think they need them to survive an environment that only they can access through the twin's ability to open portals. There's something there...
    But I also might just be trying to fan-fiction a reason for Monet to be red and spiky because I still hate it.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    I love this. She looks like she's about to kick some ass in Marvel vs Capcom. Is it part of a bigger piece?
    It is part of a bigger piece, but I cropped it out because I knew everyone else here would hate it. lol No need to open that box.

I am not liking Penance either. #1 it's taking WAY too long to getting answers on wth she has or needed the form for. And #2, it's starting to seem like something else they can hide her behind, outside of bleaching her.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    just bc they were on the same team together doesnt mean they like each other. The scene in HoX was a direct reference to Uncanny X-men were Monet was quite hostile towards Storm and she wasnt just being catty for fun as she typically is

I feel like that scene was supposed to show how angsty and rebellious Monet was in light of Jamie's death. That was my favorite Land picture of Monet, but I had mixed feelings about this plot point from Bunn.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I feel like that scene was supposed to show how angsty and rebellious Monet was in light of Jamie's death. That was my favorite Land picture of Monet, but I had mixed feelings about this plot point from Bunn.
    I dont believe Jamie was dead when this was written. That wasnt something that came into play until a year later and Monet never got ro react to it. I guess you can retroactively no prize it, but that wasnt the original intent

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont believe Jamie was dead when this was written. That wasnt something that came into play until a year later and Monet never got ro react to it. I guess you can retroactively no prize it, but that wasnt the original intent
    Monet mentioned Madrox being killed by the T-Mist when talking to Sabretooth. Then Bunn said he believed her losing him would be very hard on her (eck.)
    Madrox.jpg

I remember the speculation of Monet losing someone at the beginning of the series, and some thought it'd be one of her sisters only for many to be disappointed it was only Madrox whose dupe one-night-stood her.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Monet mentioned Madrox being killed by the T-Mist when talking to Sabretooth. Then Bunn said he believed her losing him would be very hard on her (eck.)
    Madrox.jpg

I remember the speculation of Monet losing someone at the beginning of the series, and some thought it'd be one of her sisters only for many to be disappointed it was only Madrox whose dupe one-night-stood her.
    Oh I stand corrected. Thanks

I always liked tactile telekinesis as being the explanation for much of Monet’s powerset (it can even account for heightened senses if you get creative with it), but I’ve accepted I’m probably in the minority on that.

"Tactile telekinesis" should have stayed in the 90's with Superboy. It's essentially an oxymoron (teke is moving things without touching them!), and no, Monet can just be blessed with all her various powers without some contrived nonsensical explanation.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Well...lots of superhuman powers have contrived explanations as to how they work.

I break a brick wall with my super strength (and lack of appropriate muscle mass, to boot) and my hand goes undamaged? Oh, I’m just Invulnerable too, I guess. . And I can fly!...by moving the photons around me.

I realize it’s not a popular idea. I just see it as a way to comic-bookly explain how all her varied powers actually stem from the same, main function.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Well...lots of superhuman powers have contrived explanations as to how they work.

I break a brick wall with my super strength (and lack of appropriate muscle mass, to boot) and my hand goes undamaged? Oh, I’m just Invulnerable too, I guess. . And I can fly!...by moving the photons around me.

I realize it’s not a popular idea. I just see it as a way to comic-bookly explain how all her varied powers actually stem from the same, main function.
    I'd also like it if her powers either had a unifying theme (all psionic) or some other reason for being all over the place (multiple powers handed down from her family somehow).

Molly Hayes is another example of a super-strong/tough mutant whose strength and toughness appears to be psionic in nature, and have zero to do with her musculature. (Which made her future appearance in X-Men as a hulking muscle-bound bruiser utterly bone-headed, since she should always, IMO, *look* totally unlike a 'tank' or 'team brick'. It's her entire schtick!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd also like it if her powers either had a unifying theme (all psionic) or some other reason for being all over the place (multiple powers handed down from her family somehow).

Molly Hayes is another example of a super-strong/tough mutant whose strength and toughness appears to be psionic in nature, and have zero to do with her musculature. (Which made her future appearance in X-Men as a hulking muscle-bound bruiser utterly bone-headed, since she should always, IMO, *look* totally unlike a 'tank' or 'team brick'. It's her entire schtick!)
    Yeah, its my favorite when imposing characters don't appear so.
    The smaller framed brick types -- Molly, like you said, and I also appreciate that Roberto was often shown to be smaller in stature.
    Its also why I prefer Monet and Illyana as smaller framed ladies, rather than Anka's more beefed up Amazonian aesthetic.
    I find it much more fun when the character is underestimated by their size, gender, sex, age, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The smaller framed brick types -- Molly, like you said, and I also appreciate that Roberto was often shown to be smaller in stature.
    Its also why I prefer Monet and Illyana as smaller framed ladies, rather than Anka's more beefed up Amazonian aesthetic.
    I find it much more fun when the character is underestimated by their size, gender, sex, age, etc.
    Same!
    I'd love some more muscular ladies to have powers outside of super strength, too. Be nice to see a telepath / telekinetic / etc. with a shape like Briquette.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Same!
    I'd love some more muscular ladies to have powers outside of super strength, too. Be nice to see a telepath / telekinetic / etc. with a shape like Briquette.
    Also a good point. It would be great to see someone like the telepath from that Image title Dynamo 5 (five teens inherit a single power from their father, the big hulking linebacker gets telepathy, he's not thrilled that the super-strength/toughness goes to one of the girls...).

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I agree, during X-Factor I liked that she was not buff but she had super strenght because it added a nice contrast.

I don't want her to have tactile TK, she should just have a bunch of powers because she's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I agree, during X-Factor I liked that she was not buff but she had super strenght because it added a nice contrast.

I don't want her to have tactile TK, she should just have a bunch of powers because she's perfect.
    Same here I loved in Gen X that M had the body of a Vogue model and also had super strength. It worked for her demeanor. I don't like when they try and make her a muscly meathead who "likes to hit things". She is way more evolved than that and I don't think some writers really understand her character.