Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Uh...why is Warren holding Monet's shoulders like that? I really hope we aren't going down that road with them.
    But you know what, it doesn't even matter! If we get a book starring Monet that actually delves into what she thinks and feel about anything, I'll be happy
    Let's go Monet St. Croix 2021!
    what??????
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I hope we don't head there either, but Warren isn't the worst option. Long as it's not Wolverine or anyone from her X-Factor days, I can tolerate it.

But yep. So far, Monet has been 97% prop while everyone else does everything. For a Hickman fav. she's done the least out of every A + B list character there is, it's starting to seem.

So like all my other favs, I'm gonna stop getting excited until I get some real results & reason to be.
    Hickman is the only one really using her though. It's the other writers that kind of write her as a prop.

But yeah until she's on a cast, Hickman giving her good scenes every now and then is not enough.

I do think we will get more of her, and I do think they will pair her with Archangel too. I could buy this as long as both characters get development, and Angel hasn't gotten any in an even longer time than Monet.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

The best Monet, imo this far was in Giant Size Storm, ironically.

Otherwise, she just gives quips now & again, but doesn't do much. And she's using her Penance form too often for my liking. I would like to see her fight as Monet and not going Penance mode the instant trouble breaks out.

Of course, that will probably have an explanation. But until we get it 5 years from now (), I can't give benefit of the doubt on it yet.

Monet x Warren would be like Buffy x Riley for me. Just kinda there. Don't like or love it like I did Buffy x Angel. But don't hate it with the fire of 10 suns like Buffy x Spike.

Mighty Member

Warren's weakness (having almost no recent development) can be made into a strength under the right writer.And since he's had such little development he has less baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Uh...why is Warren holding Monet's shoulders like that? I really hope we aren't going down that road with them.
    But you know what, it doesn't even matter! If we get a book starring Monet that actually delves into what she thinks and feel about anything, I'll be happy
    Let's go Monet St. Croix 2021!
    I don't read anything into it more than them both being characters with a second more lethal form that they may struggle with in the future. Warren being an older generation of the struggle and perhaps taking her under his wing-fingers crossed no Angel/Husk like plot, the Madrox thing was bad enough.
    Has there been any exploration/explanation of Monet and Penny being the same person yet? And the Twins still running around in Penance forms?
    Is this a result of Krakoan era resurrection in an "ideal forms"?

While I would understand a Monet\Warren pairing, I would prefer to see her reconnect with Everett now that he's back from his mission, or even hang out with Roberto in Shi'Ar space. Warren should be part of the swinger group with Emma and Jean, or maybe take a walk on the wild side with Selene, Callisto, or Therondy.

But beyond romance I would love to see a story redefine Monet's family situation. Give us some details about her mother, and check back in with the twins, Marius, and their father.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 11-26-2020 at 01:56 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I wanted Monet and Warren as friends, not lovers (Monet and Synch >>>>)

Well I guess the most important thing is that they will finally be more exploited

C.b Cebulski said "Everything on this image was included for a reason and will have heart-pounding pay-offs in the near future for our favorite Krakoans. After the dawn comes the reign, and what a reign it will be!" So I'm really looking forward to what's in store for Monet and hope this isn't an x-corp bait.

As far as Monet/Warren goes, I found their rapport and friendly bickering really refreshing and cute and immediately loved their friendship. While I read their relationship as platonic, I wouldn't be opposed to see them becoming something more given how they have actual chemistry and the relationship isn't based on Warren lusting after Monet. And most importantly, from what we've seen, the relationship is HEALTHY. No double timing/cheating, someone losing their soul or any sort of enabling.

Monet and Warren actually have a lot of similarity, they both come from similar background, despite being seemingly perfect they both have a lot of complexities and deep rooted trauma, they've both been manipulated and abused and turned into a deadly form dependant on their maker. And they can now mysteriously both turn into their penance/horseman form at will (which is something that's going to be explained in reign of x accoording Jordan d. White). I don't think them getting together would be a repeat of Paige and Warren given Monet is actually of age and an adult, and when she was a student Warren was still in his Horseman phase and they didn't interact much.

We talk a lot about actual development for Monet so I'm surprised so many people want Monet and Synch to start dating again. It's kinda weird to except now adult Monet to go back to dating her high school boyfriend just because he came back from the dead. They're both different person now and Monet has grown and has more life experience, just because they worked while they were teenagers doesn't mean the relationship will work now. Plus we know they're on good terms and friends now (per new mutants #1 they both talk to Fauna to figure out what can grow on Krakoa and made special Krakoan coffee worth killing (according to Illyana at least). Things are good, why complicated or worst ruin them all for the sake of nostalgia.
    Last edited by frostedemma; 11-30-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    C.b Cebulski said "Everything on this image was included for a reason and will have heart-pounding pay-offs in the near future for our favorite Krakoans. After the dawn comes the reign, and what a reign it will be!" So I'm really looking forward to what's in store for Monet and hope this isn't an x-corp bait.

As far as Monet/Warren goes, I found their rapport and friendly bickering really refreshing and cute and immediately loved their friendships. While I read their relationship as platonic, I wouldn't be opposed to seem them becoming something more given how they have actual chemistry and the relationship isn't based on Warren lusting after Monet. And most importantly, from what we've seen the relationship is HEALTHY. No double timing/cheating, someone losing their soul or any sort of enabling.

Monet and Warren actually have a lot of similarity, they both come from similar background, despite being seemingly perfect they both have a lot of complexities and deep rooted trauma, they've both been manipulated and abused and turned into a deadly form dependant on their maker. And they can now mysteriously both turn into their penance/horseman form at will (which is something that's going to be explained in reign of x accoording Jordan d. White). I don't think them getting together would be a repeat of Paige and Warren given Monet is actually of age and an adult, and when she was a student Warren was still in his Horseman phase and they didn't interact much.

We talk a lot about actual development for Monet so I'm surprised so many people want Monet and Synch to start dating again. It's kinda weird to except now adult Monet to go back to dating her high school boyfriend just because he came back from the dead. They're both different person now and Monet has grown and has more life experience, just because they worked while they were teenagers doesn't mean the relationship will work now. Plus we know they're on good terms and friends now (per new mutants #1 they both talk to Fauna to figure out what can grow on Krakoa and made special Krakoan coffee worth killing (according to Illyana at least). Things are good, why complicated or worst ruin them all for the sake of nostalgia.
    Weirdly enough, at this point Synch may well have more life experience than M. It has been years in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Weirdly enough, at this point Synch may well have more life experience than M. It has been years in there.
    Yeah with the whole time paradox it's been like 4-6 months on Krakoa/Earth but years inside in the vault. But people seem to think they sould have got back together the moment Synch crawled out of his pod and up until he stepped into the vault Monet still had/has more life experience than Ev.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Yeah with the whole time paradox it's been like 4-6 months on Krakoa/Earth but years inside in the vault. But people seem to think they sould have got back together the moment Synch crawled out of his pod and up until he stepped into the vault Monet still had/has more life experience than Ev.
    Yup. That would have been weird. But I would have liked to see their first encounter al least. She was crushed when he died, and I am curious about her reaction. Would that be one of her rare emotional moments? Also Synch coming to terms with a world that left him behind years ago. But alas, now he will have a fresh new trauma to deal with, and she will be hopefully busy doing x-corp stuff.

Yeah, Ev will have spent like, 500 years in the Vault by the time he returns, or more. Don't act like M's some wise sage. All she did in the meantime was be a prissy b-yotch, passed around PAD's X-Factor for the most part. High school sweethearts Scott and Jean remain together, stronger than ever, 57 years later. M and Ev barely got started before he got blown up. She's been a mess ever since.

They both have died and been resurrected. Let them try again. Isn't that the whole Krakoa mantra?

Mighty Member

In terms of Sync, not sure if I'm only one getting storyline potential vibes with him and Laura?

At this point, I do think that relationship would result in writers resorting to old behavior with them both as opposed to letting them mature more. Old couples reuniting tend to stop developing when together. That can maybe be pulled off if the character is developed already but Monet/Sync are certainly not there.

M has been a "mess" cause writers ignored her, not cause Sync died.

M was devastated when he died, and has been extra mean since. PAD didn't ignore her, he just wrote her differently. Hickman wrote M like her GenX self in Storm, and it was amazing, even if, as you say, that was a 'character regression'. Sometimes you have to take a step back before moving forward. M reclaiming a bit of her GenX self, including Ev, might be just the foundation for her to thrive from again.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Yeah, Ev will have spent like, 500 years in the Vault by the time he returns, or more. Don't act like M's some wise sage. All she did in the meantime was be a prissy b-yotch, passed around PAD's X-Factor for the most part. High school sweethearts Scott and Jean remain together, stronger than ever, 57 years later. M and Ev barely got started before he got blown up. She's been a mess ever since.

They both have died and been resurrected. Let them try again. Isn't that the whole Krakoa mantra?
    What? An adult in their early to mid 20's doesn't need to be the reincarnation of the Buddha to have more life experience than a 16-17 years old. They'll always have more life experience because one they've been alive longer and two their brain actually finished developing.

Monet is a human being, not a joint or a football to be "passed around". The problem with Monet's romantic interest in x-factor wasn't the amount of men she was involved with but how it was written and executed. Sleeping with two men you're in a relationship with and going on a few dates with a third one in the span of 8 years (technically 2-3 years in comics) hardly warrant Monet to wear a scarlet letter.

Lol given their history and how they both cheated on each other, Jean and Scott is the last relationship in comics to use as an example of the perfect high school sweethearts.

Monet has always been "prissy", gen x included. Jubilee literally described her as that in the first issue... If anything made Monet "a mess", I'm pretty sure it's her deep rooted childhood trauma, you know her brother killing their mother and being kidnapped and abused for years at his hand.

Given you're description of Monet and how you called her a prissy bitch and a slut, do you even like the character? Why are you here kehlani?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    In terms of Sync, not sure if I'm only one getting storyline potential vibes with him and Laura?

At this point, I do think that relationship would result in writers resorting to old behavior with them both as opposed to letting them mature more. Old couples reuniting tend to stop developing when together. That can maybe be pulled off if the character is developed already but Monet/Sync are certainly not there.

M has been a "mess" cause writers ignored her, not cause Sync died.
    No you're not the only, I'm getting very big potential vibes with Laura and Ev too. Laura deserves someone close to her who's genuinely nice and caring and Synch deserves to move on and not be constantly stuck in a state of who he was pre dying.
    Everyone was devastated when Everett died and given how Sean started drinking and Emma killed her sister, I'm pretty sure they took it the hardest and not Monet. That doesn't mean it didn't affect her or that she didn't mourn him, but Monet already had her own set of issues and trauma before she even knew what an Everett Thomas was. Assigning his death as the reason why Monet has issues isn't accurate nor fair to either character.

I just can't see what good would come from having a grown adult start dating her high school sweetheart simply because he got resurrected/is in the picture again, it's the very definition of character regression. While we're at it why doesn't Jubilee start crushing on Ev again and they start dating since she did still have feelings for him when he died?