Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Wait, do we really collectively get to pretend that didn't happen? Because that whole relationship with Sabretooth made me queasy and I'd rather not acknowledge it, ever again. Ever
    Yep. Bunn said his run on Uncanny was filler while waiting on Hickman, and its clear no writer at the X-Office gives a crap about Jobbertooth -hence why the character has been so pathetic for 17 and tossed in the shredder by Hickman.

So yeah. That pairing won't be coming up again Which is usually typical for anything I like. Hence why I jump fandoms so often. Given the state of all my few fav. characters, II kinda just lurk here to see if anything is happening I may enjoy.

I liked the pairing. Didn't know I wanted it until Bunn introduced it. They were my Buffy x Angel of the X-Verse. Sadly both ships got shot down hard. Oh well.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-05-2020 at 08:40 PM.

From what I read from interviews is Bunns wanted to expand more on their relationship whether it be platonic or romantic relationship but it got interrupted by an event. Then per marvel begrudgingly he had to move to blue x-men before he was done with his story with M, Mags, Psylocke and Sabretooth. I guess he eventually really liked doing blue x-men, at some point, from the interviews i read.

I always wanted the (M,Sabretooth) pairing to be more of a Birdy and Sabretooth kind of a relationship. To the point where she kind of kept him from going psychotic but sane enough to still make the mission happen. He was indebted to her because she could keep him from being a murderous psychopath.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 07-05-2020 at 10:56 PM.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh MY **** LETS BRING BIRDY BACK KRAKOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Maybe it was one of her sisters-pretending-to-be-Monet-pretending-to-be-Xorn?

Or a Skrull imposter. Darn those Skrulls! Almost as good as Doombots for explaining away OOC behavior.
    And LMD’s.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    From what I read from interviews is Bunns wanted to expand more on their relationship whether it be platonic or romantic relationship but it got interrupted by an event. Then per marvel begrudgingly he had to move to blue x-men before he was done with his story with M, Mags, Psylocke and Sabretooth. I guess he eventually really liked doing blue x-men, at some point, from the interviews i read.
    He started to like Blue when the cast changed, and he got Daken & Co. But he said Blue was always an 05 book, and he didn't want to write them, but was told it was either that or nothing.

They should've given Weapon X to him, and let Pak have Blue because it's clear he was out of his element with that cast.

I always wanted the (M,Sabretooth) pairing to be more of a Birdy and Sabretooth kind of a relationship. To the point where she kind of kept him from going psychotic but sane enough to still make the mission happen. He was indebted to her because she could keep him from being a murderous psychopath
    It was like Birdy x Sabretooth. Except Creed was Birdy. Monet was the one becoming a monster, and Creed allowed her to use him as the food source to sate her.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    He started to like Blue when the cast changed, and he got Daken & Co. But he said Blue was always an 05 book, and he didn't want to write them, but was told it was either that or nothing.

They should've given Weapon X to him, and let Pak have Blue because it's clear he was out of his element with that cast.

It was like Birdy x Sabretooth. Except Creed was Birdy. Monet was the one becoming a monster, and Creed allowed her to use him as the food source to sate her.
    I got that but other people I think we're implying that there was a romance.

I got that but other people I think we're implying that there was a romance.
    It was romantic. Bunn said they had a tortuous love & that he was hinting a romance.

So they were either on the verge of hooking up, or already doing so in secret.

When Betsy suggest they go on & get a room, Monet didn't deny the insinuation & instead asked if Betsy was jealous.

But filler, so doesn't matter in the long run. Just fanfic with official art.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It was romantic. Bunn said they had a tortuous love & that he was hinting a romance.

So they were either on the verge of hooking up, or already doing so in secret.

When Betsy suggest they go on & get a room, Monet didn't deny the insinuation & instead asked if Betsy was jealous.

But filler, so doesn't matter in the long run. Just fanfic with official art.
    Monet gave him that glow.

I guess Creed realized why that runt Logan was always hanging around with X-women.

Meanwhile I find it funny that Monet two ex’s, Everett and Darwin, are hanging out in the wilderness with Laura.
    Just imagine those conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Meanwhile I find it funny that Monet two ex’s, Everett and Darwin, are hanging out in the wilderness with Laura.
    Just imagine those conversations.
    I didn't make that connection until you mentioned that.
    I guess she likes guys with either no hair, or all the hair.

I was re-reading the X-Nation 2099 series recently and I came across the character Twilight. Something about her design and her powers made me feel like she's a descendant of Monet, or someone in the St. Croix family. Maybe even Marius...
    RCO001_1583877262.jpg RCO020_1583551754.jpg

Definitely has the St.Croix feel about her. Powers seem fitting also.

Extraordinary Member

A possible Monet/Creed descendant?

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh MY **** LETS BRING BIRDY BACK KRAKOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YES! Then add her to X-Force
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    A possible Monet/Creed descendant?
    Hell no...

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Hell no...
    Lol It was fun to imagine that's whatever this thing was.
    Untitled3.jpg
    Got Creed's physicality, but seemed a bit darker in complexion.

But getting back to Monet, Empyre can't come soon enough. It'll be good to see her actually doing something. I only ask she be brown and not treated as the team's dumb, reckless, brute like PAD's X-Factor.