Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No prize answer? That white woman in X-Factor was not Monet

its hard to take your opinion on it seriously, when you've admitted that you havent read it
    Is this going to be the excuse when Doug and Sync fail/go back into obscurity in the long run? Oh, those people never read their comics in the early 90's?

Oh that XMen movie failed because the general public didn't read this particular storyline from the 70''s?

Are old school Monet fans gonna ban anyone from liking her if they don't care about Issue whatever that came out in 1988?

Yikes, are old school Monet fans so insecure this needs to turn into a d*ck measuring contest over who knows every detail of her history?

I don't care about Gen X. I will gladly call myself a big Monet fan and root for her when she gets opportunities to show how awesome she is.

Too bad for all you gatekeepers who like to act like authorities on who is a fan or not. I can play that game too.

Are any of your actually her fans? The criticism coming my way seems to be because I don't care about boring Sync and Doug. I've only given Monet praise. So what's the prob?
    Last edited by RamaBird; 12-01-2020 at 04:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Uggggh
    I can't. eFFin'. STAND. Spike
    Damn almost made me forreal mad lol
    Join the club. Him becoming a main character was the end of the show for me. Giving Buffy a retcon sister was another. And her sleeping with Spike all throughout season sex...oh sorry, six was another.

Needless to say I never rewatch the latter half of the show. lol Seasons 1 - 3 are all I rewatch, and a bit of season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Is this going to be the excuse when Doug and Sync fail/go back into obscurity in the long run? Oh, those people never read their comics in the early 90's?

Oh that XMen movie failed because the general public didn't read this particular storyline from the 70''s?

Are old school Monet fans gonna ban anyone from liking her if they don't care about Issue whatever that came out in 1988?

Yikes, are old school Monet fans so insecure this needs to turn into a d*ck measuring contest over who knows every detail of her history?

I don't care about Gen X. I will gladly call myself a big Monet fan and root for her when she gets opportunities to show how awesome she is.

Too bad for all you gatekeepers who like to act like authorities on who is a fan or not. I can play that game too.

Are any of your actually her fans? The criticism coming my way seems to be because I don't care about boring Sync and Doug.
    If someone tells me that New Mutants is boring and not interesting while admitting that they've never read it, then yes that is what will be written about said person. Ditto on someone saying an X-men movie is boring without ever watching the movie.

You cant make a criticism about something without experiencing it and expect to be taken seriously about that claim.

Mighty Member

If someone tells me that New Mutants is boring and not interesting while admitting that they've never read it, then yes that is what will be written about said person.
    Except New Mutants isn't boring. I learned about them and became a fan of them before ever reading their comics. I then used the internet to learn more about the New Mutants. Once I read all about their history, I thought: This is a really interesting cast! Even though I have spoiled myself on their history, I will now get their books. I've read all about Gen X history and is boring. Hence New Mutant characters becoming popular despite not being heavily used.

Ditto on someone saying an X-men movie is boring without ever watching the movie.
    I've watched every single X-movie except the latest Dark Phoenix. I've yet to see that movie.

Spoiler Alert: that movie sucked! Prove me wrong.

What? Do you think 99% of the people who watched the SpiderMen movies are avid comics fan too?

You cant make a criticism about something without experiencing it and expect to be taken seriously about that claim.
    You haven't experience my reasons for my fandom for Monet yet here we are...

Saying I'm not a fan because I'm not shipping her with Sync (a passive character with passive powers, traits that are bad for fiction) actually makes y'all sound like the non-Monet fans.

What's next? I'm not an X fan because I don't have the majority of X-issues ever made? Am I a bad Emma fan even I didn't read the Inhumans story? That story sucked. I didn't read ay issues but once again I used the mysterious internet to keep myself informed on what happened.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 12-01-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Except New Mutants isn't boring. I learned about them and became a fan of them before ever reading their comics. I then used the internet to learn more about the New Mutants. Once I read all about their history, I thought: This is a really interesting cast! Even though I have spoiled myself on their history, I will now get their books. I've read all about Gen X history and is boring. Hence New Mutant characters becoming popular despite not being heavily used.
    And thats your opinion, based off of reading it. I can take you more seriously about NM than I can about Gen X based on what you yourself have admitted about your actual exposure to the original title. There is context that summaries dont provide and the bulk of the visuals are lost if they even have any. Gen X wasnt a flawless title but the initial run that was started and ended by Lobdell and Bachalo was anything but boring. The latter material was a mixxed bag but only the Hama material is what i would consider bad but thankfully that was very shortlived

I've watched every single X-movie except the latest Dark Phoenix. I've yet to see that movie.

Spoiler Alert: that movie sucked! Prove me wrong.

What? Do you think everyone who watched the SpiderMen movies is an avid comics fan?
    Why would I care to prove you wrong about a sentiment I share? And what do the Spiderman films and being a comic fan have to do with anything???

You haven't experience my reasons for my fandom for Monet yet here we are...

Saying I'm not a fan because I'm not shipping her with Sync (a passive character with passive powers, traits that are bad for fiction) actually makes y'all sound like the non-Monet fans.
    Ive made no commentary on your Monet fandom. Meanwhile, you've done so about me. Can you quote the post where you feel I've said you werent a fan and/or implied it has anything to do with not shipping her with Synch?
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-01-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    C.b Cebulski said "Everything on this image was included for a reason and will have heart-pounding pay-offs in the near future for our favorite Krakoans. After the dawn comes the reign, and what a reign it will be!" So I'm really looking forward to what's in store for Monet and hope this isn't an x-corp bait.

As far as Monet/Warren goes, I found their rapport and friendly bickering really refreshing and cute and immediately loved their friendship. While I read their relationship as platonic, I wouldn't be opposed to see them becoming something more given how they have actual chemistry and the relationship isn't based on Warren lusting after Monet. And most importantly, from what we've seen, the relationship is HEALTHY. No double timing/cheating, someone losing their soul or any sort of enabling.

Monet and Warren actually have a lot of similarity, they both come from similar background, despite being seemingly perfect they both have a lot of complexities and deep rooted trauma, they've both been manipulated and abused and turned into a deadly form dependant on their maker. And they can now mysteriously both turn into their penance/horseman form at will (which is something that's going to be explained in reign of x accoording Jordan d. White). I don't think them getting together would be a repeat of Paige and Warren given Monet is actually of age and an adult, and when she was a student Warren was still in his Horseman phase and they didn't interact much.

We talk a lot about actual development for Monet so I'm surprised so many people want Monet and Synch to start dating again. It's kinda weird to except now adult Monet to go back to dating her high school boyfriend just because he came back from the dead. They're both different person now and Monet has grown and has more life experience, just because they worked while they were teenagers doesn't mean the relationship will work now. Plus we know they're on good terms and friends now (per new mutants #1 they both talk to Fauna to figure out what can grow on Krakoa and made special Krakoan coffee worth killing (according to Illyana at least). Things are good, why complicated or worst ruin them all for the sake of nostalgia.
    Where did you find this interview? I would like to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    David did give her a reason for her behavior.

From issue #13

While I'm glad Monet trauma's was actually addressed on page, PAD literally never mentioned her struggles with trauma and mental health again. Plus being suicidal and depressed isn't an excuse to be callously mean like PAD wrote Monet at time.

Mighty Member

And thats your opinion, based off of reading it. I can take you more seriously about NM than I can about Gen X based on what you yourself have admitted about your actual exposure to the original title. There is context that summaries dont provide and the bulk of the visuals are lost if they even have any. Gen X wasnt a flawless title but the initial run that was started and ended by Lobdell and Bachalo was anything but boring. The latter material was a mixxed bag but only the Hama material is what i would consider bad but thankfully that was very shortlived
    How does that change that passive characters with passive personalities tend to be side characters in fast paced fiction? I don't need to read the Gen X line to say Sync is boring. And making him A-list is going too take TONS more work and time than making Monet A-list.

I don't care bout Excalibur nor have I read the old school issues, but without ever reading it or being a fan, I can tell lots of Excalibur characters do have A-list potential. I don't like Betsy (due to the Kwannon thing) and I think she has A-list potential. You know why? She's not a passive character with a passive personality who has been long forgotten until this year.

And what do the Spiderman films and being a comic fan have to do with anything???
    You said you wouldn't take a comic movie opinion seriously if the person didn't read the source material.

Ive made no commentary on your Monet fandom. Meanwhile, you've done so about me. Can you quote the post where you feel I've said you werent a fan and/or implied it has anything to do with not shipping her with Synch?
    Yes you have. I gave a strong opinion on why I don't see NSync (and other Gen X characters as Alist) and then suddenly the conversation turns into how my opinion doesn't matter because I didn't read the Gen X line even though you can quickly look up their history online.

I guess me saying Betsy has A-list potential must be an evil observation I made up cause I never read the original Excalibur line.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 12-01-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Where did you find this interview? I would like to find it.
    It was not an interview, it was just a quote from Cebulski in the article announcing reign of x. https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...omes-the-reign

Extraordinary Member

That fooled their Dad into thinking his favorite was still around and the Governess

Madrox and Darwin were on XFactor right? I'd consider within the Time frame of the book they were on the same team.

True but I can't think of a X-Men who was on the same active roster as 2 people they smashed unless Madrox and his dupe be the same person. Even still it seemed like M was the loser in all her pairings since Synch
    I type the way I talk (informal situations)
    Huh?

Monet slept with Madrox in one of the earliest issues in 2006 and later slept with Darwin in the last issue she appeared in 2014.

How is that being “passed around?”

And as much as I love Monet, let’s not forget she’s boinked Sabretooth.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 12-01-2020 at 06:21 PM.

It was not an interview, it was just a quote from Cebulski in the article announcing reign of x. https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...omes-the-reign
    Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

How does that change that passive characters with passive personalities tend to be side characters in fast paced fiction? I don't need to read the Gen X line to say Sync is boring. And making him A-list is going too take TONS more work and time than making Monet A-list.

I don't care bout Excalibur nor have I read the old school issues, but without ever reading it or being a fan, I can tell lots of Excalibur characters do have A-list potential. I don't like Betsy (due to the Kwannon thing) and I think she has A-list potential. You know why? She's not a passive character with a passive personality who has been long forgotten until this year.

You said you wouldn't take a comic movie opinion seriously if the person didn't read the source material.
    Now you are making things up because I never wrote that

Yes you have. I gave a strong opinion on why I don't see NSync (and other Gen X characters as Alist) and then suddenly the conversation turns into how my opinion doesn't matter because I didn't read the Gen X line even though you can quickly look up their history online.

I guess me saying Betsy has A-list potential must be an evil observation I made up cause I never read the original Excalibur line.
    Again, can you quote where I wrote anything about your Monet fandom and opinion on shipping her with Synch because it would appear you are making things up about me again. Or perhaps you are confusing me with someone else
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-01-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Again, the problem isn't about how many people Monet dated and had sex with (honestly what kind of victorian sensibilities getting offended over Monet having two sexual partners over the course of x-factor) but it was how PAD handled it and executed that leaves a bad taste. The way he wrote her, she wasn't even considered a love interest but an object to be lusted after... It reminds me how GRRM wrote Arianne Martell and how the fandom treats her.

Synch is not a lister material or on his way to become one any time soon lets get real. I love him as much as any gen x fan does but its just wishful thinking with a spoonful of delusional to think he's going to become on Scott levels famous, or even Jubilee's. Marvel and x-writers had no problems leaving him dead for 30 years and he only got written again because Hickman loves gen x and (rightly) feels the team was underrated and given the short end of the stick. It's also beyond outlandish to claim Synch is going to become bigger than Monet when not only is she Hickman's top 5 mutants, has she been set up since hox/pox and most importantly she has more appearances and has been in many books and teams since gen x.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Huh?

Monet slept with Madrox in one of the earliest issues in 2006 and later slept with Darwin in the last issue she appeared in 2014.

How is that being “passed around?”

And as much as I love Monet, let’s not forget she’s boinked Sabretooth.
    Well they never actually had even a proper relationship for them to sleep together, Bunn did they say they had a "tortuous relationship" whatever the hell that means...

But honestly the way everyone is acting so shocked and horrified at Monet sleeping with two teammates years apart make me feel like a lot of you have never stepped foot in a university campus... Or read X-force sex and violence and uncanny x-force. Betsy was on a team with Warren, Fantomex and Cluster while having/dating all 3 of them, does that make her "passed around" too?

Madrox and Darwin were on XFactor right? I'd consider within the Time frame of the book they were on the same team.
    Darwin joined the team much later in the series.

True but I can't think of a X-Men who was on the same active roster as 2 people they smashed
    Scott Summers says, "How do you do?".

Well they never actually had even a proper relationship for them to sleep together, Bunn did they say they had a "tortuous relationship" whatever the hell that means...

But honestly the way everyone is acting so shocked and horrified at Monet sleeping with two teammates years apart make me feel like a lot of you have never stepped foot in a university campus... Or read X-force sex and violence and uncanny x-force. Betsy was on a team with Warren, Fantomex and Cluster while having/dating all 3 of them, does that make her "passed around" too?
    Also this.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-01-2020 at 09:43 PM.