Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Same here I loved in Gen X that M had the body of a Vogue model and also had super strength. It worked for her demeanor. I don't like when they try and make her a muscly meathead who "likes to hit things". She is way more evolved than that and I don't think some writers really understand her character.
    Yeah it's superhuman strength, not superhuman muscle mass. It's not that I dislike buff characters, it's that it doesn't fit here.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah it's superhuman strength, not superhuman muscle mass. It's not that I dislike buff characters, it's that it doesn't fit here.
    There's definitely room for both. Frenzy can be buff. Monet can be svelte.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    just bc they were on the same team together doesnt mean they like each other. The scene in HoX was a direct reference to Uncanny X-men were Monet was quite hostile towards Storm and she wasnt just being catty for fun as she typically is

Bunn's Uncanny X-men such an underrated gem, and I didn't appreciate Monet's melanin enough!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Bunn's Uncanny X-men such an underrated gem, and I didn't appreciate Monet's melanin enough!
    Agreed. Lashley does a better Monet, the one credit I can give him. But Monet was nicely brown and I overall enjoyed the series despite getting bogged down with mandate (while Rosenberg's mess was free reign).

This STILL remains the last X-book I actually enjoyed. And nothing has come close. Thus far, Hickman hasn't done anything for me to like, but enough to piss me off lol, Bunn was the last writer doing anything with Monet beyond cameos and token background character-ism. lol

So I have been hanging on by a thread & coming back to see if anything is being done or coming up. Despite Monet being in some books, she's STILL hardly ever in any upcoming art and if she's on covers, it's as Penance who I don't wanna see. Seems like another way of not having to show her as black / brown.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-01-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Well...lots of superhuman powers have contrived explanations as to how they work.

I break a brick wall with my super strength (and lack of appropriate muscle mass, to boot) and my hand goes undamaged? Oh, I’m just Invulnerable too, I guess. . And I can fly!...by moving the photons around me.

I realize it’s not a popular idea. I just see it as a way to comic-bookly explain how all her varied powers actually stem from the same, main function.
    I like the idea that super strong/invulnerable types have greater cell density or even a stronger energetic field about their atoms/molecules/cells that grants them greater cohesion and tensile strength. They don't have to have bigger muscles, they just have to have more efficient muscles. I mean, even normal people are way stronger than they behave most of the time. You know, when a car is going to run over a baby and a mom picks up the car kinda stuff. You muscles are actually strong enough to break your bones, but you hold back. If you augment human physiology slightly at the physical level[with the X-gene], you could indeed attain vast feats of strength in a slender form. Similarly, by augmenting the brain/nervous system, that stronger energetic field could allow for electrostatic repulsion(flying) and the telepathic stuff.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 07-01-2020 at 08:38 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I like the idea that super strong/invulnerable types have greater cell density or even a stronger energetic field about their atoms/molecules/cells that grants them greater cohesion and tensile strength. They don't have to have bigger muscles, they just have to have more efficient muscles. I mean, even normal people are way stronger than they behave most of the time. You know, when a car is going to run over a baby and a mom picks up the car kinda stuff. You muscles are actually strong enough to break your bones, but you hold back. If you augment human physiology slightly at the physical level[with the X-gene], you could indeed attain vast feats of strength in a slender form. Similarly, by augmenting the brain/nervous system, that stronger energetic field could allow for electrostatic repulsion(flying) and the telepathic stuff.
    Similarity, by augmenting the brain/nervous system, that stronger energetic field could give one tactile telekinesis.

Just disagreeing that one explanation is more contrived than the other. ::shrug::

More fanart
    DY.jpg

MW.jpg

MW2.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    More fanart
    DY.jpg

MW.jpg

MW2.jpg
    I really do ship her and Jimmy as my third ship for her after Berto and Ev.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I really do ship her and Jimmy as my third ship for her after Berto and Ev.
    Intriguing. You're the second person I've come across with this ship. Care to elaborate?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Intriguing. You're the second person I've come across with this ship. Care to elaborate?
    Jimmy is a beef cake. IRL men like Jimmy are hard to find, handsome ass mountains of muscle who are nice, intelligent, and dependable. Also he is the correct age, a little older but not much( she dont need no nasty old men), he is another POC( interracial is not just a white person and a poc-Black,Idigenous, Asian, Latinx, persons of color should also date other persons of color,those are the interracial relationships I want to see), and I think their different backgrounds would yield some interesting conversations( rich vs growing on up on a reservation) . Also during the baby hope saga, they had a few scenes together which made me start thinking about them as a pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Jimmy is a beef cake. IRL men like Jimmy are hard to find, handsome ass mountains of muscle who are nice, intelligent, and dependable. Also he is the correct age, a little older but not much( she dont need no nasty old men), he is another POC( interracial is not just a white person and a poc-Black,Idigenous, Asian, Latinx, persons of color should also date other persons of color,those are the interracial relationships I want to see), and I think their different backgrounds would yield some interesting conversations( rich vs growing on up on a reservation) . Also during the baby hope saga, they had a few scenes together which made me start thinking about them as a pairing.
    All great points. I'm on board! I'm a big Proudstar fan, and I think he is grounded in a way that would appeal to Monet. He's a bit serious though, and I've envisioned her being with someone more...silly or light-hearted. Like a Sunspot, or the recent contender Maggott

Also, if you are interested in more M Fanart, I made a collection on Deviantart)

Extraordinary Member

Is she paying Creed conjugal visits?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is she paying Creed conjugal visits?
    Filler, non-canon, and unlikely to come back up.

Her last canon involvement
    is probably her tryst with Darwin, yuck. Lol

Something new or Synch will be good.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-05-2020 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Filler, non-canon, and unlikely to come back up.

Her last canon involvement
    is probably her tryst with Darwin, yuck. Lol

Something new or Synch will be good.
    Wait, do we really collectively get to pretend that didn't happen? Because that whole relationship with Sabretooth made me queasy and I'd rather not acknowledge it, ever again. Ever

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Wait, do we really collectively get to pretend that didn't happen? Because that whole relationship with Sabretooth made me queasy and I'd rather not acknowledge it, ever again. Ever
    Maybe it was one of her sisters-pretending-to-be-Monet-pretending-to-be-Xorn?

Or a Skrull imposter. Darn those Skrulls! Almost as good as Doombots for explaining away OOC behavior.