Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Err thsts what happens when you tan right? You get darker. Soooo their response and the "research" they did was because fans were writing in criticising Monet being whitewashed or praising their depiction?
    Maybe you should actually read the comics to see how she was drawn.

X-Factor #200

The scene you posted is #213.

I mean Did they? How much research you think they put it in when afterwards they still couldn't figure out if the Black character I'd Black
    Her dad appeared in the book and was drawn as a black man so I'd say they figured it out just fine.

If that's your take away from my posts that's on you.
    No that's on you for either failing to make your point or shifting the goal posts when you get disproven.

Or why don't you actually explain what you're trying to say because all I've gotten from you is that you think Monet's relationships are bad because she's the only X-Man to have slept more than one of her teammates (she isn't) and she had no control or agency in the relationships (not true either).

As it stands, your argument comes across as being petty just because you prefer her with Synch.

All her pairings after Synch have been absolute garbage. What did I make up? It is what it Is. :/
    Case in point.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-02-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe you should actually read the comics to see how she was drawn.

X-Factor #200

The scene you posted is #213..

Yeah Dude as U can see shes looking pretty light in these early issues. HENCE people complaining and Hence the lipservice the series gave us
    Her dad appeared in the book and was drawn as a black man so I'd say they figured it out just fine.
    Just not enough to find out if she's "African Anything"
    Nor in this pic...
    \
    Guess that lipservice was supper short lived

No that's on you for either failing to make your point or shifting the goal posts when you get disproven.
    Or why don't you actually explain what you're trying to say because all I've gotten from you is that you think Monet's relationships are bad because she's the only X-Man to have slept more than one of her teammates (she isn't) .[/QUOTE]
    What Did you disprove? Who else smashed 2 active teammates? Psylocke?

Guessing this is the team your referring to? But as you can see ArchAngel was off the table pretty early and with the whole Deathseed probby wasnt the most smashable. I dont think He was even on the team when her and Fantomex were hooking up. Cluster was never one the team (I knew that) until the last issue where the team broke up.

and she had no control or agency in the relationships (not true either)..
    I mean I can't show you agency if you don't get it. lol Obviously we just read those issues differently but Looked to me that Monet's tenure in X-Factor and Bunn's Uncanny and she was only there for the Writer or white fanboys to live out their fantasies of schluping a hot black chick.

As it stands, your argument comes across as being petty just because you prefer her with Synch.
    Case in point.
    I don't really see anything positive in her other relationships do you?
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Bunn really denounced his own run? I had heard that one of Bunn's comics was considered to be filler by Marvel until Hickman could take over, but I had thought that one was X-Men Blue.

It's to bad that Bunn didn't care for his own Uncanny X-Men run. I really enjoyed reading that comic. I Thought that he did great work with his entire cast. And I really liked his Monet stories. Especially with the Morlocks and Sabretooth. Well, at least I liked it if no one else did, and everyone here knows my opinion is the only one that matters on this forum
    He loved Uncanny. He even says he hated it was axed & that he got stuck with Blue because all his plans for Uncanny were gutted. But recently he's noted that it was filler until Hickman came in, and that he was told not to change too much.

So he was bogged down by mandate & cancelled. Uncanny he seemed to enjoy. Blue is what he hated. lol

He recently did a "poll" on twitter, asking fans which book they wanted to see him write if he ever got the chance again. The choices were Uncanny, Blue, Monsters Unleashed, and Defenders. And Uncanny got a lot of takers, but I think Defenders edged it out.
    https://twitter.com/cullenbunn/statu...034240512?s=20

I posted in favor of his Uncanny, and he liked my response. I think that's a series, or at least the cast, he'd wanna write again.

Err thsts what happens when you tan right? You get darker. Soooo their response and the "research" they did was because fans were writing in criticising Monet being whitewashed or praising their depiction?

I mean Did they? How much research you think they put it in when afterwards they still couldn't figure out if the Black character I'd Black

If that's your take away from my posts that's on you. But that's not at all what I'm tryna say
    All her pairings after Synch have been absolute garbage. What did I make up? It is what it Is. :/
    Can’t be better said....

Guess that lipservice was supper short lived
    Adding to it. Sure, she was darker in X-Factor 200, but she didn't stay that way. She still went back to being white & tan after that. lol

Here she is in 239, looking bright as ever, with the ugliest design & granniest boobs she's ever had too. lmao

And here she is in 240.

And when fans rightfully still complained about her whiteness, PAD got an attitude & snarked that she could be dark as Storm & folks would still be mad because many didn't except that half-assed job his team did with occasionally making her dark, saying it was due to tanning, then making her white / tan European again.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-03-2020 at 08:32 AM.

What Did you disprove? Who else smashed 2 active teammates?
    Cyclops.

Guessing this is the team your referring to? But as you can see ArchAngel was off the table pretty early and with the whole Deathseed probby wasnt the most smashable.
    Once again moving the goal posts. Your argument was that no one else was on a team with two people they slept with. Either way, this is a stupid thing to criticize Monet for. The whitewashing I get but this is just 1950s puritanism.

I mean I can't show you agency if you don't get it.
    And just what do you mean by agency here?

I don't really see anything positive in her other relationships do you?
    I don't see how they're degrading but then again, X-Men isn't known for happy, positive relationships.

So much discussion. You'd have thought Monet made an appearance this week

BANNED

No artist after the fact should ever take liberties with the visuals of a characters first appearance...

Last edited by Micabe; 12-03-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So much discussion. You'd have thought Monet made an appearance this week
    Nope. Just people arguing that Monet is incomplete without Sync, and/or that she and Psylocke are h*es cause they dated/slept with more than one person.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Nope. Just people arguing that Monet is incomplete without Sync, and/or that she and Psylocke are h*es cause they dated/slept with more than one person.
    Yeah I'm very confused... she slept with two people in a decade old comic, time to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    No artist after the fact should ever take liberties with the visuals of a characters first appearance...

Very first Monet. Funny, I never think of her as green eyed.

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 19.28.22.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I'm very confused... she slept with two people in a decade old comic, time to get over it.
    I don't care if one of them had a gangbang. It seems lots of people think the only people who are worthy of respect are virgins basically. If you had sex with more then 2/3 people, you a passed around h*e, it seems.

I'm an Emma fan and I can't stand how the main critiques against her (someone who's killed people) is the fact that she isn't virginal.

Lots of people (meaning male feminists) will only respect strong female characters if they are saints who are perfect and rely on a good man to save them (Sync). BLAH!
    Last edited by RamaBird; 12-03-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    He loved Uncanny. He even says he hated it was axed & that he got stuck with Blue because all his plans for Uncanny were gutted. But recently he's noted that it was filler until Hickman came in, and that he was told not to change too much.

So he was bogged down by mandate & cancelled. Uncanny he seemed to enjoy. Blue is what he hated. lol

He recently did a "poll" on twitter, asking fans which book they wanted to see him write if he ever got the chance again. The choices were Uncanny, Blue, Monsters Unleashed, and Defenders. And Uncanny got a lot of takers, but I think Defenders edged it out.
    https://twitter.com/cullenbunn/statu...034240512?s=20

I posted in favor of his Uncanny, and he liked my response. I think that's a series, or at least the cast, he'd wanna write again.
    He didn't say it was a filler, he said that everyone at marvel knew that Hickman was coming even tho higher ups wouldn't say anything. He said he had long plans for uncanny but it got cut early and that with blue he knew it things were soon going to change with the X-men so he explored stuff he knew weren't going to stick around that interested him (bloodstorm and tyke).

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Adding to it. Sure, she was darker in X-Factor 200, but she didn't stay that way. She still went back to being white & tan after that. lol

Here she is in 239, looking bright as ever, with the ugliest design & granniest boobs she's ever had too. lmao

And here she is in 240.

And when fans rightfully still complained about her whiteness, PAD got an attitude & snarked that she could be dark as Storm & folks would still be mad because many didn't except that half-assed job his team did with occasionally making her dark, saying it was due to tanning, then making her white / tan European again.
    Does aren't granny boobs, that's just what actual real human boobs look like with gravity. Women don't naturally have their breast up to their chins you know. I'm not going to hash out the debate about if she's black or not because truth fully it has been pretty ambiguous, but the least PAD and his team could do was google North Africa and Algeria and see that North Africans do come in a variety of shades but the fact remains that the majority of us do have naturally visibly brown/tan skin. That "I'm not sure she has any african anything" comment was just plain stupid, Algerians aren't boers, North Africans are indigenous to African. Monet is African full stop, wether she's half white or not.

The point a few people including myself are trying to make in this thread is that Monet is hardly the only X-men to have slept or have a relationship with her teammates, and while we're all entitled to our opinions and don't have to like every ship, there's a difference between criticising how a relationship was written and if it was "problematic" and outright calling the female character passed around.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    He didn't say it was a filler, he said that everyone at marvel knew that Hickman was coming even tho higher ups wouldn't say anything. He said he had long plans for uncanny but it got cut early and that with blue he knew it things were soon going to change with the X-men so he explored stuff he knew weren't going to stick around that interested him (bloodstorm and tyke).
    Bunn did say that, he also said that because Hickman & HOX was already in play when he started writing Uncanny, it was the worst kept secret that it was all "placeholder stuff", which is filler. lol

Now of course writers can always come along & reference & play around with things from that period, which would canonize it. But whatever hasn't been brought up since then = pretty much filler.