Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

She never had tk back in the original GenX days. I would just prefer Emma stomping telepathy and genius intelligence, no tk, but that's just my preference. Some writers did add tk later, but I don't think she needs it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I like M. She's like the perfect mutant. She might have an array of different powers but I like the fact that her powers are usually in the mid to lower range. If she was top tier with all her powers she'd be too over powered.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She never had tk back in the original GenX days. I would just prefer Emma stomping telepathy and genius intelligence, no tk, but that's just my preference. Some writers did add tk later, but I don't think she needs it.
    She did have tk in gen x it just wasn't used as prominently as her other powers and anyways powers grow and evolve. We already have an Emma Frost and her powerset, why have another character with the same powers? Plus I think that makes one of the only characters of colour in the x-men with tk so its nice.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    She did have tk in gen x it just wasn't used as prominently as her other powers and anyways powers grow and evolve. We already have an Emma Frost and her powerset, why have another character with the same powers? Plus I think that makes one of the only characters of colour in the x-men with tk so its nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I like M. She's like the perfect mutant. She might have an array of different powers but I like the fact that her powers are usually in the mid to lower range. If she was top tier with all her powers she'd be too over powered.
    Lol none of her powers are at mid to lower range, she fly at march 3, can astral project and bury people consciousness, is one of the smartest genius in the x-men, can lift entire buildings and go toe to toe with gods. She was never meant to be "low level" anything, pad is the one who wrote that in x-factor and I'm glad that writers after him decided to disregard that. I don't mind "overpowered" characters per-say, it's all about how their written and executed (looking at you dc). Considering how very little characters female characters, let alone female characters of colour are allowed to be overpowered with a long list of powerset, so there's often this undercurrent of Monet needing to be "humbled" or can't be too powerful when people suggest that she should be a jack of all trades, master of none. Not that I'm saying that's what you were imply but rather it's a common reoccurrence when discussing Monet's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    When did Gen X Monet ever use tk? I know Gen X Emma used tk once during Onslaught, while she was passed out, but I don't recall any for M. I do recall M knocking Emma out of her mind violently, which is why I think she should have Emma stomping telepathy.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I think in comic books it's hard to suss out things like "power levels" because it's so inconsistent and varies from writer to writer. However I will say that if I was to give a general range to her power she is probably on the lower end of the strength scale, higher end for speed and reflexes and a mid range telepath.

I think very good reflexes and speed seems to be her most consistently portrayed 'feat'. She had a habit of catching bullets and rockets mid-flight. xD

As for her strength she had mostly very generic showings. Very few particular stand outs.

In terms of pure strength she is shown to at least be able to carry a several ton elevator with a man in it during PADs X-Factor.

Enchantress do seem to imply her limits however and chokes her out. Enchantress as far as I know only has base Asgardian strength.

Later on however Monet uses speed and momentum to augment her strength and breaks Amora's bones incapacitating her.

Again strength feats are so inconsistent it possibly change from writer to writer but so far these are her best showings for pure strength.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Nothing OTT but her lifting strength is pretty consistent.

There's also X-Factor, where she had to fly Strong Guy to the hospital.

Mighty Member

I think she's very underrated in powers but that's mostly to her never getting consistent spotlight. If she got as much spotlight as others, then she would have great feats (for example based on strength, and carrying big guys and elevators doesn't count for me). On a scale of one to 7, I saw her all her powers as at around 5 (6/7 are more omega to me).

Jordan D. White gave thoughts on Monet today. Summary. Given her start, he thinks her history can be confusing but he loves her character. He worked on X-Factor where he really thought she was fleshed out.

His 1 critique is her being OP and wishing she had more limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Jordan D. White gave thoughts on Monet today. Summary. Given her start, he thinks her history can be confusing but he loves her character. He worked on X-Factor where he really thought she was fleshed out.

Funny bc I dont think Ive read a single story where she felt OP. People act like she's a Phoenix level threat or can oneshot her foes like Magik

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Funny bc I dont think Ive read a single story where she felt OP. People act like she's a Phoenix level threat or can oneshot her foes like Magik
    Tbh her powerset is kinda intimidating when you're reading it off the paper. But like you said she's never really written as OP so not sure why that's a critique.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's definitely not written as OP given how often she's netfed or plain beaten down. Lol

She just has a ton of powers, none are OP though. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

I want to know what his definition of fleshed out means because she was more fleshed out in one issue of x-men vol.4 and in xos creation then she was in the 275+ issues of x-factor. The therapy issue and the other one with the maid being framed for her sister's murder were the two issues were she showed actual depth and displayed more than two emotions.