Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

^^ Huh...interesting.

Seeing Monet in monochromatic casual wear, what color schemes do you like Monet in? I think I despise the white/blue/red for being so drab. Especially with the Penance form, I feel like a single color might suit her better. Wish she got some different attire as the White Queen other than the stupid HFC corset.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Well she's not the White Queen anymore so she doesn't need attire for that.

I'm tired of the X-Factor suits in all forms in general. I'm probably in the minority, as I usually am, but I liked her Anka costume with Storm's X-Ladies. It wasn't fancy but just had an appeal imo.

Otherwise, I think 2 colors suits her but maybe a mostly red attire. Red was just always a color I connected with her.

I always loved her plum uniform. I want to see some plum, grey, black and white attire. I don't like that red is always associated with her from her Generation X days.

I honestly think red adds enough pop to her without being too girly or gaudy.

Then again, I would like if she could make a costume of the white & gold outfit she had in GenX.
    72bb.jpg
    72b.JPG

Something red or maybe burgundy or violate with the gold trim. Would be fun & different. All her X-Factor suits were bland imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I honestly think red adds enough pop to her without being too girly or gaudy.

Then again, I would like if she could make a costume of the white & gold outfit she had in GenX.
    72bb.jpg
    72b.JPG

Something red or maybe burgundy or violate with the gold trim. Would be fun & different. All her X-Factor suits were bland imo.
    I LOVED that look. Now that the internet is a thing and writers/artists can more readily access information about Algeria; I'd like to see Monet(and the twins and Marius, since they are all back together on Krakoa) get refocused in that light. Dive into their family history, their magic, and their culture. I mean, they could even retool Marius so he can shift between his crazy form and a normal human form. Maybe even reform him into more of an antihero. Or at least let him hang out with {A} and refine mutant magic.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I LOVED that look. Now that the internet is a thing and writers/artists can more readily access information about Algeria; I'd like to see Monet(and the twins and Marius, since they are all back together on Krakoa) get refocused in that light. Dive into their family history, their magic, and their culture. I mean, they could even retool Marius so he can shift between his crazy form and a normal human form. Maybe even reform him into more of an antihero. Or at least let him hang out with {A} and refine mutant magic.
    Lets not get carried away. The writers & artists can't be bothered to read earlier comics & keep characters' characterization, stories, and skin tones correct. lol So wouldn't get my hopes up for that.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I'm probably in the minority, as I usually am, but I liked her Anka costume with Storm's X-Ladies. It wasn't fancy but just had an appeal imo.
    Something red or maybe burgundy or violate with the gold trim. Would be fun & different..
    Agree with both of these, burgundy, gold, and dark charcoal gray colors. I would love to see the Anka uniform with the white swapped for burgundy and the red piping replaced with gold. Maybe add an optional cape, not a superhero cape but a coat-style cape, that she could remove when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Agree with both of these, burgundy, gold, and dark charcoal gray colors. I would love to see the Anka uniform with the white swapped for burgundy and the red piping replaced with gold. Maybe add an optional cape, not a superhero cape but a coat-style cape, that she could remove when necessary.
    Similar to this. I just tried it to see how it'd look.
    COstume 3.jpg
    COstume 4c.jpg

It's hard getting the trim right. I am working making it lighter without it turning orange. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-02-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Similar to this. I just tried it to see how it'd look.
    COstume 3.jpg
    COstume 4c.jpg

It's hard getting the trim right. I am working making it lighter without it turning orange. lol
    WHOA I like that a million times more than with the white!

I like the overall costume, so the white didn't bother me. But I can agree that giving a more popping color would really work for it better than just plain white.

Maybe even doing the black portion a different color. I think it's a nice suit but the fact it's black & white makes it get slept on, and since she is more famous for X-Factor, her black & white suits from there get brought back.

With more ravishing color, I think Anka's costume could be one of her best. But nobody wants to bring it back or tweak it for better effect.

Example, adding more tweak, I outlined her X in gold as well. Adds even more pop & makes it stand out. At first, I couldn't even tell this costume had an X until it was pointed out.
    COstume 4cc.jpg

Her pants could be made red
    COstume 4cccc.jpg

Or keep the black & gold lining with a blue top.
    COstume 4ccdd.jpg

There were lots of ways to add pop to this uniform & make it iconic.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-03-2020 at 06:19 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

These all look great Silver Fang, I like the warm dark red and gray best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    These all look great Silver Fang, I like the warm dark red and gray best.
    Me too. I'm surprised how much I like the callback to the Gen X color scheme, but I dig it a lot - it not only references her origins but has some old school regality to it.

What bothers me about her Yardin(?) & Anka costumes is that almost any character could wear it and I don't know if I'd bat an eye. Characters need some kind of iconography to make their stamp and Monet's recognizing trait can't be that she's the sometimes brown bruiser wearing the most generic superhero colors ever. This is also one of the main selling points of the Penance form - Monet might actually be able to co-exist with Moonstar and Frenzy so that lazy artists/fans won't mix her up with either.

Her current costume is fine and probably her best non-Gen X look

there it is in multiple color schemes

When doing that search, I found this image. Aint she pretty?

Last edited by Havok83; 08-03-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks Havok83! I'm gonna go with #5.

More Monet tomorrow. I'm excited. And while I like her penance form I hope she doesn't stay that way the entire battle.