Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I will never understand how Monet is allowed to wear that generic costume. She needs something that stands out. That black and white costume is pretty bland. Monet would NEVER...
    I still want the Anka costume back. Just with added pop.
    COstume 4ccdd.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I still want the Anka costume back. Just with added pop.
    COstume 4ccdd.jpg
    Id llike to see her show some more (brown) skin
    She ain't Rouge...I think shed look good and different i like a small tee and a mini skirt
    although I know sh!t about womens fashion lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Okaaaaaaaay
    So Ororo and Monet now have skin barely darker than Jean and Emma

For a Giant-Size that features two black-skinned women, one of whom is the first black marvel heroine, and the other is the first Muslim marvel heroine, that sucks a lot

Hopefully the writing will catch up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Most of her costumes have been generic. This one IMO has been the biggest stand out
    I still favor her initial X-FACTOR costume for its fashionable flare over the superhero coveralls that followed it. The former struck me as particularly "off the runway" kind of chic that suits Monet's character. The others that followed seemed, as you say, "generic" and suited for one character as much as the another.

I feel the same way. I thought the x-factor costume better suited her character.

Thirded. The X-Factor costume is her best one.

Well with the short-cape, as pictured above. Never been a fan of long-capes on heroes who get up close and personal.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Okaaaaaaaay
    So Ororo and Monet now have skin barely darker than Jean and Emma

For a Giant-Size that features two black-skinned women, one of whom is the first black marvel heroine, and the other is the first Muslim marvel heroine, that sucks a lot

Hopefully the writing will catch up a bit
    I suppose...but not really. Not in the grand scheme and history of these characters.
    The colourist just didn't pay the due attention to these characters...it happens. It's not like Storm and Monet are suddenly not WoC or their racial histories have been completely erased by this "mistake". Or...the colourists are racists and there is some concerted plot to eradicate all PoC in the X-books through white-washing.

Could they have been coloured darker? Sure.
    Are they suddenly not WoC because they're not coloured the right skin tones? No.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Thirded. The X-Factor costume is her best one.

Well with the short-cape, as pictured above. Never been a fan of long-capes on heroes who get up close and personal.
    I loved X-Factor Monet. The suit and the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I suppose...but not really. Not in the grand scheme and history of these characters.
    I mean only time will tell but the best way to predict future behavior is by past behavior. and it aint very positive. :/
    The colourist just didn't pay the due attention to these characters...it happens.
    lol Well then the colorist isn't very good if they ignored the character that this one-shot is about and is named after. It happens? When was the last time you Saw Hulk more blue and less like his offical green color? Orrr MJ's hair be more blonde than red? Or NightCrawler whose fur is more black? Why is this a problem with darker skinned chars? Lmk when you find examples of a Ginger Cyclops, or a dirty blonde Rouge.
    It's not like Storm and Monet are suddenly not WoC or their racial histories have been completely erased by this "mistake" Or...the colourists are racists and there is some concerted plot to eradicate all PoC in the X-books through white-washing.It's not like their being maintained either.

Could they have been coloured darker? Sure.
    Are they suddenly not WoC because they're not coloured the right skin tones? No.
    Damn how hard is it to pick up a brown maker??This kinda lightwashing "mistakes" are what leads to this **** happening...
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Reminds me that Charlize Theron is classified as African American too...
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-22-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I mean only time will tell but the best way to predict future behavior is by past behavior. and it aint very positive. :/
    lol Well then the colorist isn't very good if they ignored the character that this one-shot is about and is named after. It happens? When was the last time you Saw Hulk more blue and less like his offical green color? Orrr MJ's hair be more blonde than red? Or NightCrawler whose fur is more black? Why is this a problem with darker skinned chars? Lmk when you find examples of a Ginger Cyclops, or a dirty blonde Rouge.
    Damn how hard is it to pick up a brown maker??This kinda lightwashing "mistakes" are what leads to this **** happening...
    You ought to see the fancasts for Monet on twitter. Nothing but white women next to her whitewashed X-Factor self.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-22-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Monet.jpg
    My casting for M. Jasmine Tookes Victoria Secret model.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    You ought to see the fancasts for Monet on twitter. Nothing but white women next to her whitewashed X-Factor self.
    Dude....now Im about to look and cause a ruckus....
    GrindrStone(D)

If that's Roberto Da Costa... he's Brazilian.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    If that's Roberto Da Costa... he's Brazilian.
    Lets not do this here. One thread has already been ruined with anti-black debate.

Yes, Sunspot is Brazilian. He is ALSO black because Brazilian is a Nationality, same as American, and it encompasses a lot of different races with a large black population due to slave trades and was stated to have the largest Black population after Nigeria.

When Sunspot was introduced, he looked black & faced racial discrimination from his white schoolmates due to it. Here's a panel where he's called Black, and an animal masquerading as a human.

So in the end, he should never look white or white-passing because that was not the original crux of his character & completely erases a portion of his canon history with the trials and tribulations he faced due to being black in a mostly white society. They white guy they cast & started drawing in comics certainly wouldn't have that problem.

Back to Monet, where majority in this thread will classify her as black & opinions won't be changed.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-23-2020 at 07:53 AM.