Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Lol at friends with benefits. I don't see monet ever being able to have an actual orgasm. She needs someone to antagonize in a relationship and Warpath honestly seems like his weirdpsychopathic boyscout routine seems like the perfect disinterested foil that would frustrate her enough to the point where she actually has to try with him. To me it's a better match than her and Synch .

M-Spot, please! Roberto's over the top extroversion will annoy and delight Monet to no end!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Still hoping for Synch. If not him, I won't really care. Long as it ain't with a Wolverine or any character that would drag her down & turn her into a mess. Like Spike did with Buffy...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Still hoping for Synch. If not him, I won't really care. Long as it ain't with a Wolverine or any character that would drag her down & turn her into a mess. Like Spike did with Buffy...
    I mean, I would be fine with an Ev/Monet/Roberto thrupple. I developed the idea of M-Spot when Synch was firmly still dead. I would welcome he and Monet reconnecting, he brought out her best qualities. But she has been characterized very mean and bitchy for a while now, in which case Roberto's personality I think is better suited. But honestly they could all benefit from each other's influence, so now I want a thrupple. Sam can watch wistfully from the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Sam can watch wRistfully from the couch.
    fixed it for ya
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    fixed it for ya

I mean, I would be fine with an Ev/Monet/Roberto thrupple. I developed the idea of M-Spot when Synch was firmly still dead. I would welcome he and Monet reconnecting, he brought out her best qualities. But she has been characterized very mean and bitchy for a while now, in which case Roberto's personality I think is better suited. But honestly they could all benefit from each other's influence, so now I want a thrupple. Sam can watch wistfully from the couch.
    She was mean and bitch when Synch was alive and they were together. Synch's personality was a good contrast to hers bc they werent alike.

She's been made to be even more mean and bitchy since, without much of her more endearing qualities. Of course Synch is a good contrast, but so is Roberto.

Monet news

Bad sign. She's in Penance form, and like BroHomo predicted, that can & probably
    may end up being something that mutes her race as much as the whitewashing. "Montet's not black, she's a red mutant." "Monet is a red mutant with a random human form, she's not race changed." etc.

I am cool with her having the form, but it shouldn't be a start & lead type of thing.She should have been in Brown Human Form here, and use Penance in a variant or something.

Seeing both her and Warren here, probably we'll get an explanation on their modifications post Resurrection.

Bad sign. She's in Penance form, and like BroHomo predicted, that can & probably may end up being something that mutes her race as much as the whitewashing.

I am cool with her having the form, but it shouldn't be a start & lead type of thing.
    I think it's just like Emma's diamond form. The artist probably was told to draw Penance/Monet and went all in with the Penance form.

Bad sign. She's in Penance form, and like BroHomo predicted, that can & probably may end up being something that mutes her race as much as the whitewashing.

I am cool with her having the form, but it shouldn't be a start & lead type of thing.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I can't stand it when the very few POC mutants are hidden behind such physical mutations. I mean, I don't even see the benefit of the Penance form since she couldn't even take a few armed guards on that Orchis base(wasn't Penance supposed to be like, invulnerable and super sharp, physically? How did they kill her in like 20 seconds? She should have just melted their brains telepathically or just punched their faces in at superspeed, she was bullet-timing back in GenX!).

Yeah, I noticed that too. I can't stand it when the very few POC mutants are hidden behind such physical mutations. I mean, I don't even see the benefit of the Penance form since she couldn't even take a few armed guards on that Orchis base(wasn't Penance supposed to be like, invulnerable and super sharp, physically? How did they kill her in like 20 seconds? She should have just melted their brains telepathically or just punched their faces in at superspeed, she was bullet-timing back in GenX!).
    The original Penance shell that she was placed in was, but we dont know the details of what her current form is capable of

I stopped questioning it. For the moment, it seems Hickman's HOX was full of bad execution & more holes than Swiss Cheese. If he is the writing genius I heard about, there may be a catch with Monet. Maybe whatever modification she had weakened her in some areas while increasing something else.

Time will tell. But since she is the last & only fav. I have left, I'll wait & see on her. It is nice she's FINALLY apart of something. Because, for being a supposed Hickman fav., she's the only one he hasn't done anything with since HOX.