Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Monet had a pretty good showing. That line about "it's a job I might want", does that mean she wants to be Omniversial Majestrix, or is it possibly foreshadowing her joining Excalibur?
    It’s possible. I want Monet to have a consistent role in a book, but she’d be wasted in Excalibur. Tini already doesn’t know what to do the majority of the cast.

Yes Monet yes!!!!!!

BANNED

if monet wants the job she deserves it

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I like that everyone on the team has a personal reason for going there and Monet is like "I don't know, I'm bored, let's go kick demon's ass."
    But that's just monet isn't it? Gives the imagine that she hasn't anything better to do and she might as well when in reality Monet does have a personal reason and the whole demon mess on another realm does have a parallel to emplate and his hell dimension sacrificing people left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I mean who's to stop her

BANNED

also telepathy monet! another win.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    But that's just monet isn't it? Gives the imagine that she hasn't anything better to do and she might as well when in reality Monet does have a personal reason and the whole demon mess on another realm does have a parallel to emplate and his hell dimension sacrificing people left and right.

I mean who's to stop her
    Well, she kinda has something personal too. Over in X-Factor she said once that Banshee was like a father to her. Back in the day she joined X-Corps to keep an eye on the old man. So I can see her busting some heads over him being nearly killed. But of course Monet being Monet would never admit to that. Either way works, I think, she eyeing Saturnyne job or she just secretly wanting some revenge. I know what headcanon I have!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Well, she kinda has something personal too. Over in X-Factor she said once that Banshee was like a father to her. Back in the day she joined X-Corps to keep an eye on the old man. So I can see her busting some heads over him being nearly killed. But of course Monet being Monet would never admit to that. Either way works, I think, she eyeing Saturnyne job or she just secretly wanting some revenge. I know what headcanon I have!
    I think it's both monet wanting revenge and her eyeing saturne's job spoilers:
    because it didn't sit right with her how the whole thing was a game to saturne and when she told her "people call me cold but this lady takes the cake"
    end of spoilers so I think its also about using all the power saturnyne has for doing good and helping people. She been in position where she was utterly powerless and at the mercy of evil.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Less conturing required!
    It's so uncanny really. I couldn't get her out of my head while reading lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Monet had a pretty good showing. That line about "it's a job I might want", does that mean she wants to be Omniversial Majestrix, or is it possibly foreshadowing her joining Excalibur?
    Omniversal majestrix/guardian. When [A] asked if she's ever been to the otherworld he says "...ventured into the unseen lands-- felt the invisible hand of the startlight citadel as she moves the finite?" monet answers its a job she wants down the road. With saturnyne being set up as monet's foil per tini words in an interview https://www.gamesradar.com/x-men-cro...y-tini-howard/ We brainstormed new stuff – like, this has never happened but it would be cool, or it wouldn't it be awesome for this to exist? Hey, this character doesn't have a foil and they need one . I wouldn't be surprised if she does pop up in excalibur given the last panels with monet and saturnyne about what game is being played.

Monet always has some arrogant blonde woman in her face trying to dim her shine. That's okay.
    Everyone else is focused on the game, but Monet knows the bigger threat is the gamemaster.
    M is coming for that crown Saturnyne. And she WILL have it

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Monet always has some arrogant blonde woman in her face trying to dim her shine. That's okay.
    Everyone else is focused on the game, but Monet knows the bigger threat is the gamemaster.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Literally always, and she still wins in the end I absolutely adored Monet and love seeing her favour grow across the X-franchise.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Hickman loves him some Monet and I couldn't be happier for her. I can't wait until she settles the score with Courtney Ross
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Mighty Member

Been slaying these heffas from day one..its funny how she and Husk aint never had no beef...

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Been slaying these heffas from day one..its funny how she and Husk aint never had no beef...
    The only blonde she really had any beef with was amora which is understandable because she killed her yet she still showed her mercy and that ballistic whom she burried her consciousness. As jaime once said, monet can do whatever she sets her mind to so saturnyne ruling days are basically over if monet really wants to take her job.