Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Going to be honest, kind of wish Monet wasn't Penance. Because I wish we could go back to Penance being an actual person of her own. The original idea Lobdell had was that Penance was a deaf girl named Yvette who became diamond hard and razor sharp by absorbing negative psionic energy. And there was plenty of negative psionic energy because she was raised in a war-torn Eastern European country. That back story was apparent;y so part of the plan that bits of it even showed up on the old Fleer X-Men trading cards. Then it just . . . didn't happen. Then it seemed like they were going back to Penance being a person when Faerber's run on Gen X had the supposed "shell" get up and start moving around. But then they went back to the "shell" again. It feels like a waste of potential.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Going to be honest, kind of wish Monet wasn't Penance. Because I wish we could go back to Penance being an actual person of her own. The original idea Lobdell had was that Penance was a deaf girl named Yvette who became diamond hard and razor sharp by absorbing negative psionic energy. And there was plenty of negative psionic energy because she was raised in a war-torn Eastern European country. That back story was apparent;y so part of the plan that bits of it even showed up on the old Fleer X-Men trading cards. Then it just . . . didn't happen. Then it seemed like they were going back to Penance being a person when Faerber's run on Gen X had the supposed "shell" get up and start moving around. But then they went back to the "shell" again. It feels like a waste of potential.
    It's so confusing when yon consider that she's a fave of Hickman. They did say there was a specific reason for her becoming Penance again, but will that reason even make sense? They gave this sam excuse as to why Jean was earring her Marvel costume and that hasn't been revealed either. Hopefully Hickman steps it up.

Or maybe, when giving out fave characters, Hickman was smart enough to realize just including Beto wouldn't have looked good.

Monet has so much fraking potential though. She could be as popular as Rogue and as relevant as Capt. Marvel.

I do like that she will be interacting with Magik. They've barely interacted but I the they'd make great friendly rivals.

If M is now Penance, then who was that running around as Hollow with Darkhawk in Loners and then Avengers Academy?
    Last edited by danielsan52; 02-19-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    If M is now Penance, then who was that running around with Darkhawk in Loners?
    Can you explain more?

Cause in Hickman's XMEN, he also showed two twins in Krakoa running around happy in Penance form with Monet watching over them.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Can you explain more?

Cause in Hickman's XMEN, he also showed two twins in Krakoa running around happy in Penance form with Monet watching over them.
    So after the whole Penance/M/Yvette/Twins debacle..... Penance disappeared for a while but then turned up in the Loners and then Avengers Academy.

Couldn’t or wouldn’t have been Monet. Probably wasn’t the Twins .... so who is it??

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    So after the whole Penance/M/Yvette/Twins debacle..... Penance disappeared for a while but then turned up in the Loners and then Avengers Academy.

Couldn’t or wouldn’t have been Monet. Probably wasn’t the Twins .... so who is it??
    Just done rando girl. But you'd think she'd head to Krakoa....

Orrr maybe and... I just thought of this as an "explanation" of Hollows existence) what if the 'Hollow Shell' we saw when the St. Croix siblings were freed in the later Grn X issues, Avengers Academy, and Loners is just the subconscious of the autistic twin exploring the world? It would explain why the shell is mostly mute, unable to be mind read, because the twin is doing it subconsciously it'll explain why Hollow is rarely ever around

Or something like that lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Just done rando girl. But you'd think she'd head to Krakoa....

Orrr maybe and... I just thought of this as an "explanation" of Hollows existence) what if the 'Hollow Shell' we saw when the St. Croix siblings were freed in the later Grn X issues, Avengers Academy, and Loners is just the subconscious of the autistic twin exploring the world? It would explain why the shell is mostly mute, unable to be mind read, because the twin is doing it subconsciously it'll explain why Hollow is rarely ever around

Or something like that lol
    That would be a cool explanation.

I hope we get an explanation soon...

BANNED

In 2020, we are all Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    In 2020, we are all Monet.

lol I wish tho
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one confused with the whole M/Penance thing. I much prefer her as regular ol' M tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Monet news

When's this coming out?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one confused with the whole M/Penance thing. I much prefer her as regular ol' M tho.
    I prefer regular M, but I'm open to the Penance form, I just wish if they were going to randomly add a BIG, (what was once a major traumatizing) feature to a relatively little-known character there would be follow-up...hints, perhaps. After so many months, can they really provide a decent payoff to this? Or was this truly just an easy way to get the Monet fans to shutup about coloring her skin tone correctly?

This better not be another Age of X-Man situation where creators who want to use her are told she's unavailable when she really isn't. :|
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 03-22-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I prefer regular M, but I'm open to the Penance form, I just wish if they were going to randomly add a BIG, (what was once a major traumatizing) feature to a relatively little-known character there would be follow-up...hints, perhaps. After so many months, can they really provide a decent payoff to this? Or was this truly just an easy way to get the Monet fans to shutup about coloring her skin tone correctly?
    Well since she's able to switch between forms I doubt it. lol But I agree hopefully w3 get a really awesome issue (?) story (?) few pages (!) that gives a satisfactory explanation
    GrindrStone(D)

Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules