Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849 LastLast

Her mother, brother, and sisters have some kind of magic going on. All yet to be fully fleshed out.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Yeah I knew Emplate has some magical abilities too. Wasn't sure about rest of her family though.

So right there, they could play up her weakness/fear of magic (they'd have to develop her family and not just Emplate for this to work). This could explain her dislike of Magik in part as well.

Extraordinary Member

What if Hollow is actually Monet’s mom????

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Yeah I knew Emplate has some magical abilities too. Wasn't sure about rest of her family though.

So right there, they could play up her weakness/fear of magic (they'd have to develop her family and not just Emplate for this to work). This could explain her dislike of Magik in part as well.
    I dont beleve she's ever been shown to be scared of magic so I dont think this is something they should spring on her now. She doesnt need a reason to dislike Illyana. She's a bitch and she doesnt like most people. Magik challenges her, which is the source of any conflict they have

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    One night stand with 2 idiots. Lol.

Both Madrox and Darwin.

But why is everyone here throwing Darwin under the bus. Monet was looking pretty content laying in bed with him, in the aftermath.
    Ooof. I had totally forgotten Darwin. That kinda read like pity sex, to be honest.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Ooof. I had totally forgotten Darwin. That kinda read like pity sex, to be honest.
    More Spuffy sex. lol Monet was depressed & numb after coming back from the dead, and she wanted a night to really feel something again. I think she even says as much.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont beleve she's ever been shown to be scared of magic so I dont think this is something they should spring on her now. She doesnt need a reason to dislike Illyana. She's a bitch and she doesnt like most people. Magik challenges her, which is the source of any conflict they have
    I don't think she's been shown to be scared of magic either...

I brought that up more as a way to give her a "flaw" since she's "perfect" in almost every field. Then I remembered Emplate (whose always come off to me as more of a "magic" character) and how he's gotten the upper hand over her in the past, so thought it'd be a good opportunity to maybe explore this aspect more. Not Emplate particularly, but her past history. And since her family does seem to have connections to magic, then there's story potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I don't think she's been shown to be scared of magic either...

I brought that up more as a way to give her a "flaw" since she's "perfect" in almost every field. Then I remembered Emplate (whose always come off to me as more of a "magic" character) and how he's gotten the upper hand over her in the past, so thought it'd be a good opportunity to maybe explore this aspect more. Not Emplate particularly, but her past history. And since her family does seem to have connections to magic, then there's story potential there.
    Welll she is supposed to to be a Black super girl and super folks are vulnerable to magic
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Welll she is supposed to to be a Black super girl and super folks are vulnerable to magic
    Well in the first issue of gen x she was described as being "a cross between Jean Grey and Rain Man" so I don't know about her being marvel's supergirl

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Her mother, brother, and sisters have some kind of magic going on. All yet to be fully fleshed out.
    Her brother is a dark magic user and from my understanding he developed those after their father cast him out. There never have been any mentions of her mother and sisters having any sort of magical abilities.

I think Monet is a bit icky about magic users given her past but the ones she mistrust are dark/black magic user.
    Last edited by frostedemma; 12-11-2020 at 06:43 PM.

I thought her mother was into some kind of magic first, the Marius got into the bad stuff and killed her. And at least one of the twins can open magic portals and was being mentored by Gateway, who is steeped in Dreamtime magic. It's been a while since I've read through Gen X though, and I don't think the details were very concrete to begin with...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I thought her mother was into some kind of magic first, the Marius got into the bad stuff and killed her. And at least one of the twins can open magic portals and was being mentored by Gateway, who is steeped in Dreamtime magic. It's been a while since I've read through Gen X though, and I don't think the details were very concrete to begin with...
    Emplate accidentally killed their mother by feeding on her the first time he’s power manifested. He told Monet when he tried to recruit her he got into dark magic after their father banished him.
    Claudette can open interdimensional portals but I’m pretty sure she’s just a mutant teleporter.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Well in the first issue of gen x she was described as being "a cross between Jean Grey and Rain Man" so I don't know about her being marvel's supergirl
    Which was describing the twins.... I would say its a poor description of the real Monet.
    +
    That's how Scott Lobdell and Chris Bachaleo describe her sooooooo
    There never have been any mentions of her mother and sisters having any sort of magical abilities.
    Preety sure Claudette has some mystical ablities or likely they both do.
    Yeah There was something def extra mutanty about the twins. ....WHy else would Gateway be training them? when synch was in a coma and synced up with some telekinesis and had everyone who was in the hospital room up in the air Claudette was the only one unaffected and she pulled him outta the coma..not by any means using the mutant powers she posses
    Emplate accidentally killed their mother by feeding on her the first time he’s power manifested. He told Monet when he tried to recruit her he got into dark magic after their father banished him.
    Claudette can open interdimensional portals but I’m pretty sure she’s just a mutant teleporter.
    GrindrStone(D)

monet_st__croix_by_tyromsa_deagyjd-fullview.jpg
    @TyRomsaArt comes through again. I really like this interpretation of Monet, especially the freckles and the full eyebrows

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Does anyone have scans of Monet’s flashback sequence from X-Men 24 vol. 4 by G Willow Wilson? Asking for a vibe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Does anyone have scans of Monet’s flashback sequence from X-Men 24 vol. 4 by G Willow Wilson? Asking for a vibe.
    You mean the dream sequence which erroneously depicts her father Cartier St. Croix as a white man?

X-Men Vol 4 #25 March 4, 2015

Cartier St. Croix was not white...

X-Factor vol. 1 #203 March 24, 2010
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-16-2020 at 02:19 AM.