Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I have a feeling Monet's bloodline is going to be traced back to one of apocalypes's first horseman. For the sword of x storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I have a feeling Monet's bloodline is going to be traced back to one of apocalypes's first horseman. For the sword of x storyline.
    Oh that'd be cool. They tried to do something like that with Chamber, I think?

It would explain their connection to magic and stuff that has never been properly explained. What if the Twins were using mutant magic and didn't know about it when they banished Marius?

The twins had to have used Magic. How else do you banish peopl
    Penances original design looked straight out of Egypt. Their family on the mom's side has Algerian "royal blood".
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 05-17-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh that'd be cool. They tried to do something like that with Chamber, I think?
    As interesting and great the potential world building would be I'd rather it only happen if theres an actual plan on where the reveal leads instead of doing nothing with it like Chamber. but honestly they really need to work out M's current fvcked family before revealing any more siblings, long distance aunts, double cousins, etc....
    It would explain their connection to magic and stuff that has never been properly explained. What if the Twins were using mutant magic and didn't know about it when they banished Marius?
    Were the twins connected to Magic? theres not a lot of Gen X I missed...except the ending of the whole M-Plate/Gaia thing...thankfully so it might have been a reveal in those issues. But It would be interesting if it turns out their Mother was a follower of this Mutant Magic...Maaaaybe their mother was as powerful as she was hideous thanks to her X-Gene, being "royalty" her family kept her extremely isolated, with only books and the family tutor as her only connections to the outside world. The tutor befriends her and secretly slips in ancient, unholy texts about Mutant Magic. Armed with that arcane Mutant knowledge, her mutant power, and a keen mind, she performs spells to greatly enhance her life. Marries M's Dad and lives happily ever after...
    Until...
    her eldest, her only son manifests his mutant gifrts! the spell she used to conceal her true-self
    The twins had to have used Magic. How else do you banish peopl
    mutant powers? lol I know thats what Magik used during AvX
    Penances original design looked straight out of Egypt. Their family on the mom's side has Algerian "royal blood".
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    As interesting and great the potential world building would be I'd rather it only happen if theres an actual plan on where the reveal leads instead of doing nothing with it like Chamber. but honestly they really need to work out M's current fvcked family before revealing any more siblings, long distance aunts, double cousins, etc....
    Agreed 100%

Monet's family needs some clearing up before we add to it. And I just hope she isn't revealed to be related to Apocalypse. I'm still rolling my eyes at Bishop ---> Gateway.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-17-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Were the twins connected to Magic? theres not a lot of Gen X I missed...except the ending of the whole M-Plate/Gaia thing...thankfully so it might have been a reveal in those issues.
    The twins seemed to be able to use some magic to bind Emplate to that weird dimension he lives in and to the creatures that live there, and they did a sort of pentacle to banish him. It could be them having teleportation power and messing around with him, but it also looked like magic that "cursed" Emplate, that's why he couldn't come back without feeding. That's how I always saw that, but I could be wrong. The twins and Emplate defintely had some space-manipulation related powers since when they merged into M-Plate they were affecting time-space.

But yes, some expanding upon their family could be cool. X-Factor also connected her to Baron Mordo so there could be magic involved.

Honestly, Monet and the St. Croix family deserve to be the subjects of the next Giant Size X-men (and sine I'm blue-skying it here, Drawn by Terry Dobson). Their family dynamic is really complex and interesting, and I just need someone to explore it properly. Also, I need some insight into M's current state of mind. She's now willing to turn into a form that represented her worse fears, which means presumably she's experienced some huge character growth off panel.

Not Dodson. I was never a fan of him but he's gotten worse in recent years. His recent X/FF mini series looked awful

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not Dodson. I was never a fan of him but he's gotten worse in recent years. His recent X/FF mini series looked awful
    I second that. Maybe someone like Noto.

If there was a Giant Size: Monet, I would defffffffinitely bring back her past as a vampire hunter. It should have a horror/mystery vibe with mayyyyybe Stegman on art.

The twins seemed to be able to use some magic to bind Emplate to that weird dimension he lives in and to the creatures that live there, and they did a sort of pentacle to banish him. It could be them having teleportation power and messing around with him, but it also looked like magic that "cursed" Emplate, that's why he couldn't come back without feeding. That's how I always saw that, but I could be wrong. .
    You mean a pentagram? but anyway I think your miss remembering the issue they only drew a reg circle to bAnish show but I don't think it was back to that creep dimension and remember his mother knew about his meat and power to feed but kept it from their father which indicates to me she was experienced in that sort of thing but Marius researchd Magik all on his own. maybe because having a natural power of feeding on peoples Bone marrow caused a understandable hunger for more power and pushing his own natural power to the limit he explored other means like the supernatural and got himself caught up in some **** that he couldn't get out of
    But yes, some expanding upon their family could be cool. X-Factor also connected her to Baron Mordo so there could be magic involved.
    Ugh needlessly
    Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Honestly, Monet and the St. Croix family deserve to be the subjects of the next Giant Size X-men (and sine I'm blue-skying it here, Drawn by Terry Dobson). Their family dynamic is really complex and interesting, and I just need someone to explore it properly. Also, I need some insight into M's current state of mind. She's now willing to turn into a form that represented her worse fears, which means presumably she's experienced some huge character growth off panel.
    Ugh dude riiiight? Like a lotta people think it's badass and...if not fir the chars particular history with the form it wouldn't be so bad
    Lord yes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    If there was a Giant Size: Monet, I would defffffffinitely bring back her past as a vampire hunter. It should have a horror/mystery vibe with mayyyyybe Stegman on art.
    Damn Duse I'm gonna have to take a hard NO on that lol Mutants vs Vampires just gets to be too much and Wolverine is poised to become a Mutant vampire Slayer+there's already a black vampire slayer But none of them hold a candle to my girl Kendra
    GrindrStone(D)

Marvel dropped the ball by not referencing Monet's past as a vampire slayer when Jubilee was a vampire.

Marvel dropped the ball by not referencing Monet's past as a vampire slayer when Jubilee was a vampire.
    Yeahh super missed opportunity

Damn Duse I'm gonna have to take a hard NO on that lol Mutants vs Vampires just gets to be too much and Wolverine is poised to become a Mutant vampire Slayer+there's already a black vampire slayer But none of them hold a candle to my girl Kendra
    But that’s exactly why it should be brought back. Since the Vampire Nation are gearing themselves up to be a major threat for Krakoa, we’re gonna need all the mutant vampire hunters we can get.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Strain did in her GenX.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-19-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Bless Christina Strain