Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Jean-Paul Beaubier: Northstar Appreciation 2020

Better Than Human: The Northstar Appreciation Thread

The place to discuss the complexities of the X-Men's snarky, gay, issue-ridden speedster in the far-flung year of 2020.

Current Appearances:

Northstar is currently residing on Krakoa with his husband Kyle. (His sister, Aurora, is also confirmed to be present.) Starting in April, he'll be heading the X-Factor team in a new book by Leah Williams and David Baldeon!

MUTANTS HAVE CONQUERED DEATH!

By the grace of The Five, the resurrection protocols can bring back any fallen mutant. But such a huge enterprise isn’t without its problems and complications… When a mutant dies, X–Factor is there to investigate how and why to keep the rules of reincarnation. Writer Leah Williams (AMAZING MARY JANE, X–TREMISTS) and artist David Baldeón (DOMINO, WEB WARRIORS) take Northstar, Polaris, Prodigy, Eye-boy, Daken and Prestige into the world of murder and missing persons…

Links and Resources:

The Northstar Reading List - Updated up through the current Marvel line-up.

X-Factor announced at Polygon!

Better Than Human: The Original Northstar Appreciation Thread

Northstar Appreciation 2019 (a quiet year!)
    Last edited by Anduinel; 01-13-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Love me a bit of Northstar. I just wish he was used more. How fast does he fly/run? I've read different accounts from very very fast to almost light speed. I do hope it's NOT light speed because that makes him too powerful to be used by a lot of writers.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Love me a bit of Northstar. I just wish he was used more. How fast does he fly/run? I've read different accounts from very very fast to almost light speed. I do hope it's NOT light speed because that makes him too powerful to be used by a lot of writers.
    After the Children of the Vault upgrade, both the Beaubier twins could theoretically move at the speed of light. Functionally, though, they can't because they'd wreck themselves. But the only answer that really matters is "they're as fast as the story needs them to be" lol.

But yeah, I'd like to see more of what Northstar's up to. Between the Iceman cameos, Disassembled, and The X-Tremists, 2019 wasn't a bad showing, but it'd be nice to have him as part of a team this year.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 01-03-2020 at 06:41 AM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Always loved this look on all the Alphan's, but JP pulled it off particularly well:

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Always loved this look on all the Alphan's, but JP pulled it off particularly well:

So if JP is on the island.. Where is Kyle? Is he excluded or does Northstar commute to see him?

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    So if JP is on the island.. Where is Kyle? Is he excluded or does Northstar commute to see him?
    When you've got a speeders, teleporters, and gates in every major city, commuting shouldn't be an issue for either party, especially if Kyle is one of the humans who gets a hall pass to Krakoa. But I'd really like to see Kyle on Krakoa to see what a mutant society looks like from the POV of a non-powered human in the middle of it, and for the potential conflict. I don't think everyone would be all that accepting, for various reasons.