Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Speaking of Civil War, Saladin Ahmed's doing a Snapshots issue about it.

CIVIL WAR: SNAPSHOTS #1
    • SALADIN AHMED WITH KURT BUSIEK (W)
    • Ryan Kelly (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    • Variant cover by Ryan Kelly -
    • APR200932
    • HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER
    • BY MICHAEL TURNER - APR200933
    • In the heart of the Civil War event, a human story unfolds. A S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, doing his best to do the job with honor – but is that possible anymore? A young, low-level super hero, trying to help his neighbors – but that’s not even legal any more. The two come together in a story that’ll test their commitment, ideals, hopes and dreams, by Hugo-Award-winning writer Saladin Ahmed (Miles Morales: Spider-Man, The Magnificent Ms. Marvel) and artist Ryan Kelly (Lucifer, Stranger Things). Featuring Captain America, Goliath, Maria Hill and more.
    • 40 PGS./One–Shot/Rated T+ …$4.99

lol, sounds like a stealth Outlawed tie-in set during an earlier event!

Meanwhile...

MAGNIFICENT MS. MARVEL #17
    • SALADIN AHMED (W) • Minkyu Jung (A) • Cover by MIRKA ANDOLFO
    • SOMEONE HAS BETRAYED MS. MARVEL!
    • Dum Dum’s C.R.A.D.L.E. agents have finally cornered Kamala — and they’re acting on a tip from someone she trusts.
    • Ms. Marvel won’t escape this encounter unscathed — especially since the employee-eating super villain MONOPOLY has opened up shop in Jersey City!
    • 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I wonder if that tipster is the same one betraying the Champions? CRADLE is on their tail there too (the solicit for that one already appeared six months ago, so there's little point reposting it).

Captain Marvel #24 variant cover:
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-17-2020 at 09:26 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speaking of Civil War, Saladin Ahmed's doing a Snapshots issue about it.

CIVIL WAR: SNAPSHOTS #1
    • SALADIN AHMED WITH KURT BUSIEK (W)
    • Ryan Kelly (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    • Variant cover by Ryan Kelly -
    • APR200932
    • HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER
    • BY MICHAEL TURNER - APR200933
    • In the heart of the Civil War event, a human story unfolds. A S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, doing his best to do the job with honor – but is that possible anymore? A young, low-level super hero, trying to help his neighbors – but that’s not even legal any more. The two come together in a story that’ll test their commitment, ideals, hopes and dreams, by Hugo-Award-winning writer Saladin Ahmed (Miles Morales: Spider-Man, The Magnificent Ms. Marvel) and artist Ryan Kelly (Lucifer, Stranger Things). Featuring Captain America, Goliath, Maria Hill and more.
    • 40 PGS./One–Shot/Rated T+ …$4.99

lol, sounds like a stealth Outlawed tie-in set during an earlier event!

Meanwhile...

MAGNIFICENT MS. MARVEL #17
    • SALADIN AHMED (W) • Minkyu Jung (A) • Cover by MIRKA ANDOLFO
    • SOMEONE HAS BETRAYED MS. MARVEL!
    • Dum Dum’s C.R.A.D.L.E. agents have finally cornered Kamala — and they’re acting on a tip from someone she trusts.
    • Ms. Marvel won’t escape this encounter unscathed — especially since the employee-eating super villain MONOPOLY has opened up shop in Jersey City!
    • 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I wonder if that tipster is the same one betraying the Champions? CRADLE is on their tail there too (the solicit for that one already appeared six months ago, so there's little point reposting it).

Captain Marvel #24 variant cover:
    I'm guessing it's one of her parents or her brother that tips CRADLE off since she trusts them but they don't know her identity to care about her being arrested.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel's Avengers Interview with Ms. Marvel! | Nolan North & Sandra Saad | Retro Replay

Yep. So many haters are guessing it’s Bruno and I’m laughing. The hate Bruno receives is mind boggling.

We can rule out Bruno, he knows her secret identity and turning her in would destroy their relationship.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

CBR is suggesting that Kamala could stop Outlawed in it's tracks - by sacrificing her secret identity.
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-kamala...tlawed-return/

CBR is suggesting that Kamala could stop Outlawed in it's tracks - by sacrificing her secret identity.
    I think that's been on the table ever since her civilian identity was made so pivotal to the law against teen heroes.

Whether that will still happen with the story as is...is another story.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's been on the table ever since her civilian identity was made so pivotal to the law against teen heroes.

Whether that will still happen with the story as is...is another story.
    Indeed. That is one hell of a dilemma for her, though. Then again, if she does get outed like that one solicit seems to be indicating . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I just read the first five issues of the 2014 series. I guess her first series since she got her powers. I was never a huge Ms Marvel fan so I wasnt sure about this going in. I mean I know it was not the original Ms Marvel but it was a hero with her name. And I have never read a series with a female lead. I read mostly 60s and early 70s. No strong solo female heroes. Just team heroes like Wasp, Marvel Girl, Storm.

I have to say that I really enjoyed what I have read so far. Not only am I enjoying not just Ms Marvel the hero but I am enjoying Kamala and her family. I have never seen a series in comics or tv or whatever with a Muslim cast. Always the stereo typical terrorists or the joke characters. Here the family and Kamala are treated with great respect. And I know this is going to make me sound bad but they act just like any other family. They care about their daughter, Kamala has the same teen problems as anyone else, but only more so because of her culture being so different then everyone around her. I am really enjoying that aspect of the story.

After five issues and I am hooked. I can not say I am a super fan yet but I am for sure getting on the band wagon.

I wasnt really paying attention to comics back in 2014. Was there a lot of push back for making Ms Marvel a Muslim teen?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I just read the first five issues of the 2014 series. I guess her first series since she got her powers. I was never a huge Ms Marvel fan so I wasnt sure about this going in. I mean I know it was not the original Ms Marvel but it was a hero with her name. And I have never read a series with a female lead. I read mostly 60s and early 70s. No strong solo female heroes. Just team heroes like Wasp, Marvel Girl, Storm.

I have to say that I really enjoyed what I have read so far. Not only am I enjoying not just Ms Marvel the hero but I am enjoying Kamala and her family. I have never seen a series in comics or tv or whatever with a Muslim cast. Always the stereo typical terrorists or the joke characters. Here the family and Kamala are treated with great respect. And I know this is going to make me sound bad but they act just like any other family. They care about their daughter, Kamala has the same teen problems as anyone else, but only more so because of her culture being so different then everyone around her. I am really enjoying that aspect of the story.

After five issues and I am hooked. I can not say I am a super fan yet but I am for sure getting on the band wagon.

I wasnt really paying attention to comics back in 2014. Was there a lot of push back for making Ms Marvel a Muslim teen?
    Just on the forums but it didn't last as along as Miles or Riri's backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Yep. So many haters are guessing it’s Bruno and I’m laughing. The hate Bruno receives is mind boggling.
    Maybe Bruno was just waiting for the perfect time to get revenge for his leg. "Now it's your turn to be betrayed."
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-17-2020 at 08:28 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The She-Hulk casting was announced, so Ms. Marvel should be revealed relatively soon.

Kamala's multiversal counterparts discussed - from the Avengers Assemble, Marvel Rising, and Future Avengers cartoons and Exiles and All-New Wolverine comics.
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-kamala...nterpretation/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

And that is what attracted the backlash. It was how dare you show Muslims as humans. I guess they never saw Dev Patel on UK's Skins.

The push back was ultra bad once the gators started throwing fits on Twitter and youtube.
    The book was set on fire, defaced on in a toilet, urinated on, eaten, cut up and stabbed.

One guy who has NOT read a Marvel book in 20+ years really had issues with the book.
    BASHED Sana Amanat (who is the book is loosely bashed on her growing up). I don't know who he hated more her or Ryan Coolger and Black Panther.
    He tried to get his own OGN crowdfunded under the idea of support his book to show the world we don't want Ms Marvel. He FAILED.

How does no one want a book that has sold over one million copies?

A book that for now at least 7 years have stayed a top 100 book on Amazon. A feat Jane Foster, Carol Danvers, Brawn, Miles Morales, Black Panther, GOTG, Hulk and Peter Parker have done.

The issue with so much of this backlash is it's LEAD by folks who never read the books.

One of the issues they threw fits about was Ms Marvel 13. They claimed it was telling folks to vote for Hilary. All Ms marvel did was talk about how to vote-be it mail, in person and so on. No candidates were mentioned.

It wasn't even the presidential election in the comic storyline (though the release was intended to coincide with it - it ended up delayed though), it was a mayoral one.