Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing it's one of her parents or her brother that tips CRADLE off since she trusts them but they don't know her identity to care about her being arrested.
    My money's on Mike. Not even Wilson knew what to do with her after she was dropped as Bruno's rebound love interest, and she hasn't even appeared since this current run started. And it says "someone she trusts", which rules out her family since the memory-wipe happened.

This will be how Ahmed makes Mike relevant again: by making her the sell-out in Kamala's circle of friends.
    Last edited by Myetche; 09-18-2020 at 02:28 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

MS. MARVEL IS TAKING FLIGHT.

Marvel has found the filmmakers to direct the Disney+ series, which centers on teenage hero Kamala Khan. The character, a Pakistani American, is Marvel's first Muslim superhero.

Bad Boys for Life directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah are on the helming roster as is Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, who became the first Pakistani filmmaker to win an Oscar.

Also directing is Meera Menon, whose credits include episodes of The Walking Dead, The Punisher and Titans.
    https://link.hollywoodreporter.com/v...f.bb8/560688ce

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    My money's on Mike. Not even Wilson knew what to do with her after she was dropped as Bruno's rebound love interest, and she hasn't even appeared since this current run started. And it says "someone she trusts", which rules out her family since the memory-wipe happened.
    Good point, even issue 14 only had Zoe and Nakia visit Kamala in the hospital. Why the hell wasn't Mike with them?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This will be how Ahmed makes Mike relevant again: by making her the sell-out in Kamala's circle of friends.
    Feels like her family would be more relevant, but I guess that would be one way of doing it.
    Pretty sharp genre change, if culturally appropriate .

"The character, a Pakistani American, is Marvel's first Muslim superhero." - first in the MCU, but not the first in comics. Excalibur (Faiza Hussein) and Dust say hello.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    "The character, a Pakistani American, is Marvel's first Muslim superhero." - first in the MCU, but not the first in comics. Excalibur (Faiza Hussein) and Dust say hello.
    Not the first, yeah, but certainly the one who's gotten the most intense and sustained promotion from Marvel Comics. That said, I would love to see Kamala and Faiza meet, or some more interactions between Kamala and Sooraya (Dust) since Sooraya did join the Champions in the last run. Also, I read the article you linked before, and it was good, though I'm a tad annoyed Attilan Rising's version of Kamala wasn't included in it, as I liked her costume and thought she had some interesting characterization.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Niffleheim

Oooh I'm liking this idea for Mike lol! Which will make Bruno indirectly "responsible" hence giving him a story at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like her family would be more relevant, but I guess that would be one way of doing it.
    They had a full year to be the main focus with the arc about her dad dying. I think they're going to be downplayed for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Not the first, yeah, but certainly the one who's gotten the most intense and sustained promotion from Marvel Comics. That said, I would love to see Kamala and Faiza meet, or some more interactions between Kamala and Sooraya (Dust) since Sooraya did join the Champions in the last run.
    I thought it was implied that Dust hates Kamala out of jealousy for how Kamala gets all the love and respect in life while she gets nothing but mutant-hate, and Blackheart amplified those buried feelings as part of turning the Champions against each other.
    Last edited by Myetche; 09-18-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Sooraya's hate isn't entirely due to her being a mutant. She also wears very conservative Islamic dress - unlike Kamala who wears normal style clothing for an American teenager - and she's an immigrant, whereas Kamala was born in the US. Some disrespectful and bigoted people would hate Sooraya even if she wasn't a mutant.

And if she really felt that way about Kamala, I doubt she'd have stayed with the team. She could've just gone to Krakoa, but instead she will be in Champions #1.

And if she really felt that way about Kamala, I doubt she'd have stayed with the team. She could've just gone to Krakoa, but instead she will be in Champions #1.
    It's called tolerance for the sake of the team, especially since the alternative is a clear sham.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

They had a full year to be the main focus with the arc about her dad dying. I think they're going to be downplayed for a while.

I thought it was implied that Dust hates Kamala out of jealousy for how Kamala gets all the love and respect in life while she gets nothing but mutant-hate, and Blackheart amplified those buried feelings as part of turning the Champions against each other.
    Sooraya's hate isn't entirely due to her being a mutant. She also wears very conservative Islamic dress - unlike Kamala who wears normal style clothing for an American teenager - and she's an immigrant, whereas Kamala was born in the US. Some disrespectful and bigoted people would hate Sooraya even if she wasn't a mutant.

That's an interesting point. Just because they come from similar (human) cultural and religious backgrounds doesn't necessarily mean they'd get along. It would at least be a good story of overcoming even personal differences for the better, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

At the same time, probably the most relevant (and impactful) way to keep them involved in the story.

Now that I think about it, I think this is why Ahmed erased the parents memory knowing Kamala was MM in order to play with this setup with Kamala's Law, the endgame is either Kamala going public or CRADLE being revealed as front for say HYDRA.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Now that I think about it, I think this is why Ahmed erased the parents memory knowing Kamala was MM in order to play with this setup with Kamala's Law, the endgame is either Kamala going public or CRADLE being revealed as front for say HYDRA.
    Or she'll beat the odds and the law will get repealed without her ever having to unmask.

The memory wipe was definitely so he could make the arc of her dad dying more dramatic, which isn't possible if they know who she is. Outlawed is simply something that just so happened to coincide with it.
    Last edited by Myetche; 09-18-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Or she'll beat the odds and the law will get repealed without her ever having to unmask.
    Revealing her identity would open up a huge can of worms (even though everyone in her main circle other than her family knows now) but I'm not sure what's in the cards with how the story is either being cut back or delivered as is.

I'll be surprised if she's not at least tempted to do it.