Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455 LastLast

The issue feels like it was rewritten hastily to close the arc because of the cancellation, especially with the reveal as to who ratted Kamala out.

spoilers:
    Zoe did it as a reminder to Kamala that superheroes still hurt people in other ways, despite the previous issue teasing Nakia (the caller was wearing a hijab). Besides that, Monopoly (who clearly was never human to begin with, it seems) jobbed hard and Josh has officially given up on the supervillain life after he nearly got turned into a "regional manager".
    end of spoilers
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    The issue feels like it was rewritten hastily to close the arc because of the cancellation, especially with the reveal as to who ratted Kamala out.

spoilers:
    Zoe did it as a reminder to Kamala that superheroes still hurt people in other ways, despite the previous issue teasing Nakia (the caller was wearing a hijab). Besides that, Monopoly (who clearly was never human to begin with, it seems) jobbed hard and Josh has officially given up on the supervillain life after he nearly got turned into a "regional manager".
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Wow, it was Zoe?
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    spoilers:
    Wow, it was Zoe?
    end of spoilers
    Some people think Zoe is just covering for Nakia currently at the end of the issue but yeah as of right now we’re supposed to believe it’s Zoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Some people think Zoe is just covering for Nakia currently at the end of the issue but yeah as of right now we’re supposed to believe it’s Zoe.
    Admittedly I could kind of see Zoe doing that (the covering for Nakia thing).

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Hmmm...another Perch video on CBR? Those have been popping up a lot lately. Very informative, let it never be said that Marvel doesn't believe in the character.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Are these videos actually informative and useful? I want to check them out but I'm always apprehensive about whether I'm going into a video with some biases or misinformation...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are these videos actually informative and useful? I want to check them out but I'm always apprehensive about whether I'm going into a video with some biases or misinformation...
    He's very impartial. For instance, his Jane Foster Thor video showed that she consistently sold well, but wasn't amazing.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Let's just say, he's not a fan of Comic Gates outrage Youtubers using clickbaity titles and he even called them out on it a bit in one of his videos. But he is also honest with views on comics especially when it comes to sales so he's been accused of being a Comics Gater and a "Woke pandering" SJW in comments for the same video at one point.

So he's definitely more fair and balanced than a huge number of comics Youtubers.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

He's very impartial. For instance, his Jane Foster Thor video showed that she consistently sold well, but wasn't amazing.
    This seems like a pretty even-handed and analytical video.
    The problem - as with all sales speculation - is that he doesn't have the info for digital sales, and that is a big part of the story.
    Plus what about the sales to schools and such? I understand that that is a major element too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    This seems like a pretty even-handed and analytical video.
    The problem - as with all sales speculation - is that he doesn't have the info for digital sales, and that is a big part of the story.
    Plus what about the sales to schools and such? I understand that that is a major element too.
    Sales to schools do come with a DISCOUNT. That is if you can order said book as I have learned there some Marvel & Dc books schools don't get to order.

Libraries do order the book with a DISCOUNT. They also get the option to order a library edition that in Ms Marvel's case contained the entire first series. So if you get that from the library-you don't need the other volumes. I think Miles, Peter Parker and a few others have those editions too.

He also forgot other editions. Shuri has a new volume that covers both of her trades of her last series. Riri does too. I think Coates Black Panther and Sam Wilson have them too. Editions that most comic book stores don't order. Those make those other trades worthless-so they rot on shelves too.

He forgot the big elephant in the room AMAZON with comiXology. 3 of her volumes are unlimited reads. What about Marvel Unlimited?

If all I have to do is WAIT x number of months to read certain books under those plans-guess what I will wait.

All he did was give ammo to the usual suspects. Who were in the comment section with the usual misinformation.

He's making another video focused on bookstore sales. He's also made Amazon videos in the past.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

All he did was give ammo to the usual suspects. Who were in the comment section with the usual misinformation.
    I think he proven their agenda of "nobody liked Kamala Khan" wrong in this video by pointing out how well the 2014 run did in the context of a new character. (the part where he brings up how its drop ratio was better than majority of crowdfunded comics is likely to tick off certain people who treat certain crowdfunded comics by certain creators as the savoir of the industry)
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Arrow

He's a numbers guy who shows little if any bias in his videos (as far as I can tell). He's become my go-to comic book youtuber.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Amazing Member

So today on Netflix a new live action kids movie called “We Can Be Heroes” made by the spy kids people has a team of super kids. It’s an ok movie for kids with a really for kids script, but what caught my eye was one of the main kids named “Noodles” who has stretching powers, the effects for his powers were actually pretty decent, even when he stretched wierder parts like his neck. lol
    So if this Netflix original film can do that much with that kind of budget, do you guys think there’s hope for how Kamala’s powers Will look when her series comes out? XD