Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Pretty good end for this arc with one point that I'm sure tons will be happy about. Time to wait for the next issue with the introduction of Amulet and the continuing march towards Outlawed.

Just so happy Kamala and Bruno are officially together even if it’s hush hush.

Expect Ms. Marvel and WandaVision to Tie into Captain Marvel 2
    https://www.cbr.com/expect-ms-marvel...tain-marvel-2/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Some people are saying Kamala put Bruno back in the friend zone at the end of #12 and I’m laughing. Do these people not have great reading comprehension. It was clear they were a couple at the end. The Bruno hate is so intense on social media.

Yeah, she didn't friendzone him, she just told him she didn't want her friends and family to know yet.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yep. Again I don’t know why it’s shocking some people. Obviously with Amulet introduction followed so quickly by Outlawed that they would want Kamala and Bruno’s relationship to be hush hush. My guess that will be picked up with again after Outlawed.

I'm assuming Stormranger will be back in time, given how they were milking the suit as a major player in upcoming events. Nanomachines (son) don't die easily.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Though it is possible that Outlawed changed Saladin Ahmed's plans, hence why they ended this arc that way. I wouldn't be surprised if the Stormranger thing was meant to last more than one arc originally. Marvel Team-Up #4-6 did seem to be done under the assumption it was a permanent new costume for Kamala.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Though it is possible that Outlawed changed Saladin Ahmed's plans, hence why they ended this arc that way. I wouldn't be surprised if the Stormranger thing was meant to last more than one arc originally. Marvel Team-Up #4-6 did seem to be done under the assumption it was a permanent new costume for Kamala.
    The symbiote was thought to have been killed before finding Eddie, so it'll be the same thing here once the event is out of the way and Ahmed can get back to his own plots. No changes at all.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    The symbiote was thought to have been killed before finding Eddie, so it'll be the same thing here once the event is out of the way and Ahmed can get back to his own plots. No changes at all.
    True enough, and since you bring that up, I'd say Kamala and Peter are due for another team-up, or at least commiserating about how their awesome new costume upgrades unleashed so much havoc on their lives and on the world at large.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Speaking of which, if Kamala is believed dead after Stanford 3.0, where’s she going to crash for the duration of being effectively on the run?

The Champions bunker? New Attilan? Summer House (Scott wouldn’t refuse her a couch)?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Speaking of which, if Kamala is believed dead after Stanford 3.0, where’s she going to crash for the duration of being effectively on the run?

The Champions bunker? New Attilan? Summer House (Scott wouldn’t refuse her a couch)?
    Probably with G.I.R.L since it would keep her in Jersey.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Hmm... the Champions Mobile Bunker will probably have to be retired or hidden away (they'll use Pinpoint for transportation instead), since if it's spotted anywhere the police and CRADLE would probably come in and arrest the occupants. That makes the lodgings there unusable. Kamala has no way to access the Summer House, as it's on the moon and accessed via Krakoa. Scott or Sooraya would have to chaperone her - that's not going to happen as I don't think the majority of mutants will have forgiven IVX. New Attilan is out for much the same reason as the Bunker. It's one of the first places they'd look.

GIRL does in theory makes sense as a new Champions home base (heck, the Avengers used their facilities when Parker Industries was closed down causing them to be evicted from the Baxter Building). Besides Nadia, at least two of the think tank's other members are impacted by Outlawed - Priya, who gained plant based powers towards the end of Unstoppable Wasp's run, and Avengers Academy graduate Finesse, who joined in the finale because she can both help with the group's science projects and train them to fight. So you would expect GIRL to be involved in the Champions' activities. However, does it make sense for Kamala to stay local if she's believed dead? She wouldn't be able to go out unmasked without shapeshifting - a power she very rarely uses.

Of course, it's possible that you're wrong about her being believed dead. The solicits aren't very clear on what exactly happened (the solicit for her solo just calls her a martyr for a cause she hates - which of course is the anti-teen vigilante law, and the Champions solicit says that "Ms. Marvel makes an unexpected and emotional announcement that her team won’t go down without a fight"). If she's instead OUTED, she'd have a whole different set of problems.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hmm... the Champions Mobile Bunker will probably have to be retired or hidden away (they'll use Pinpoint for transportation instead), since if it's spotted anywhere the police and CRADLE would probably come in and arrest the occupants. That makes the lodgings there unusable. Kamala has no way to access the Summer House, as it's on the moon and accessed via Krakoa. Scott or Sooraya would have to chaperone her - that's not going to happen as I don't think the majority of mutants will have forgiven IVX. New Attilan is out for much the same reason as the Bunker. It's one of the first places they'd look.

GIRL does in theory makes sense as a new Champions home base (heck, the Avengers used their facilities when Parker Industries was closed down causing them to be evicted from the Baxter Building). Besides Nadia, at least two of the think tank's other members are impacted by Outlawed - Priya, who gained plant based powers towards the end of Unstoppable Wasp's run, and Avengers Academy graduate Finesse, who joined in the finale because she can both help with the group's science projects and train them to fight. So you would expect GIRL to be involved in the Champions' activities. However, does it make sense for Kamala to stay local if she's believed dead? She wouldn't be able to go out unmasked without shapeshifting - a power she very rarely uses.

Of course, it's possible that you're wrong about her being believed dead. The solicits aren't very clear on what exactly happened (the solicit for her solo just calls her a martyr for a cause she hates - which of course is the anti-teen vigilante law, and the Champions solicit says that "Ms. Marvel makes an unexpected and emotional announcement that her team won’t go down without a fight"). If she's instead OUTED, she'd have a whole different set of problems.
    Good points about the logistics for Kamala in Outlawed. Considering her parents already found out about her heroics once, only to have their memory of it erased at the end of Saladin Ahmed's first arc, I could see them reacting even worse to the whole thing after her injury, especially given that they're already struggling with her father's incurable illness.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Are we sure she's presumed dead? I was under the impression she gets severely injured in her civilian identity and then wakes up from the coma after the law is passed. Then she has to juggle being the face of an anti-teen vigilante law with being a teen vigilante.