Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Was Outlawed suppose to have a main book? Seems like it's all tie ins that outside the existence c.r.a.d.l.e don't interact.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Was Outlawed suppose to have a main book? Seems like it's all tie ins that outside the existence c.r.a.d.l.e don't interact.
    Basically the Champions book.

Yeah, Outlawed #1 was effectively Champions #0.

As for the preview, all but the last page was just a recap of the one-shot.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Kamala is so awesome in Marvel's Avengers game, she becomes so powerful. I'd love it if eventually Kamala would project similar levels power in the Live Action D+ series. Hoping we'd get to see her do more similar feats of strength on print.
    "Without Sin, what Grace has Forgiveness."

Looks as if Kurt Busiek will be writing obscure villain Red Rajah in a short story in Amazing Spider-Man #850. https://www.gamesradar.com/kurt-busi...tale-with-850/

Given the character's background, I wonder what it would be like if Ms. Marvel had to confront him in an adventure? Curious.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/red-rajah/4005-60741/

So anybody play through the avengers campaign that can tell me if Bruno was in it or mentioned? I’m waiting for next gen!

A quick glance on the game's wiki shows that no, nobody else from her supporting cast shows up.
    https://marvels-avengers.fandom.com/wiki/Ms._Marvel
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Yeah, only her dad shows up, Aamir, her mom and Nakia are namedropped but Bruno isn't mentioned, unless it's in a collectable I missed.

But the story is so good, and its much better 'Kamala meets the Avengers for the first time' story then we got in the comics. It's so nice to see all the positivity around Kamala in this game, even from people who thought she was annoying in the beta. It makes me so happy.

Edit: Actually Bruno does get a brief mention in some optional post game dialogue, basically Kamala says he'd be jealous of her being on the helecarrier.
    Last edited by dang0; 09-06-2020 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dang0 View Post
    Yeah, only her dad shows up, Aamir, her mom and Nakia are namedropped but Bruno isn't mentioned, unless it's in a collectable I missed.

But the story is so good, and its much better 'Kamala meets the Avengers for the first time' story then we got in the comics. It's so nice to see all the positivity around Kamala in this game, even from people who thought she was annoying in the beta. It makes me so happy.

Edit: Actually Bruno does get a brief mention in some optional post game dialogue, basically Kamala says he'd be jealous of her being on the helecarrier.
    Thanks. Can’t wait to play it eventually.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    So anybody play through the avengers campaign that can tell me if Bruno was in it or mentioned? I’m waiting for next gen!
    Bruno is mentioned during the A-Day. I thinks it’s right after Kamala meets Thor and plays with Tony’s repulsor.

I’d love to see Bruno ...

I read an advanced review of Magnificent Ms. Marvel #14. Not much. It was a little upset that only a little time was spent on how worried Zoe and Nakia were for Kamala in comparison to how worried Bruno and her family we’re. But that doesn’t really shock me that the focus would be on her family and Bruno out of all the supporting cast.

https://t.co/VLU9y7D9H7?amp=1

“The only critical note here is the much shorter writing her friends, Nakia and Zoe, get in comparison to Bruno and her family in expressing their love and concern for Kamala, with more anger directed at The Champions.“

The scene with the other Kamalas may be setting up for a later story involving her shapeshifting's multidimensional nature. They seem too self-aware to just be her own hallucinations, the line about how "death is complicated for us" just screams plot-point, and Stormranger seems to imply that she inherited some of Kamala's own traits through their separation (likely what her Empyre tie-in was going to be about had it not been cancelled).

Hopefully, once this Outlawed junk is over, we'll get to see more exploration of this.
    Last edited by Myetche; 09-09-2020 at 07:08 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

There's implications there of course. If Kamala can't die, then it means that Miles's deal with Mephisto in last year's Champions series was unnecessary - Kamala would've auto-resurrected and Viv can be rebuilt (as she had been once before). Incidentally, Miles and Amadeus, the other two heroes involved in that battle, are both immortal too (Miles due to the Oz formula - it's how 1610 Peter was resurrected - and Amadeus because he's a Hulk).

In fact, remember Exiles, which was also written by Saladin Ahmed? The middle aged Kamala there seemed to die, but later came back.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Why is Kamala having such bad lucks in these major projects?

Mutants vs Inhumans saga, dead on arrival because of how stupid and obviously greedy the whole thing was

All New Avengers, also dead on arrival. Didn't sell well and the character wasn't well written in that run and it turned a lot of readers off the character.

Marvel Rising, nobody really cared about this franchise.

Civil War II, a bad showing for everybody.

This game, microtransactions, overuse of QTE events and the push for multiplayers annoyed a lot of gamers.

What does the character need to do in order to catch a break?
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's implications there of course. If Kamala can't die, then it means that Miles's deal with Mephisto in last year's Champions series was unnecessary - Kamala would've auto-resurrected and Viv can be rebuilt (as she had been once before). Incidentally, Miles and Amadeus, the other two heroes involved in that battle, are both immortal too (Miles due to the Oz formula - it's how 1610 Peter was resurrected - and Amadeus because he's a Hulk).

In fact, remember Exiles, which was also written by Saladin Ahmed? The middle aged Kamala there seemed to die, but later came back.
    That would be an excellent way for Mephisto to twist the knife, should this come up again in-series.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Why is Kamala having such bad lucks in these major projects?

Mutants vs Inhumans saga, dead on arrival because of how stupid and obviously greedy the whole thing was

All New Avengers, also dead on arrival. Didn't sell well and the character wasn't well written in that run and it turned a lot of readers off the character.

Marvel Rising, nobody really cared about this franchise.

Civil War II, a bad showing for everybody.

This game, microtransactions, overuse of QTE events and the push for multiplayers annoyed a lot of gamers.

What does the character need to do in order to catch a break?
    That's a good question. I suppose this was baked into the cake, almost, with tying Kamala's origins to the Inhumans, as the Inhumans have since become a "tarnished brand," to quote Iron Man regarding the New Warriors back in Chris Yost's run on that team, on account of fan backlash against Marvel's attempts to effectively replace/displace the X-Men. The result of this, of course, is that anything actually emphasizing a link or relationship with the Inhumans has a rather dark cloud hanging over it in terms of fan reception.
    The spider is always on the hunt.